Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 81 reviews
on January 19, 2011
Love it, and I abuse it. Sometimes at work when my wire cutters are out of reach, I just use it to cut stranded copper wires. Sure, it needs resharpening afterward, but I seem to be looking for any reason to flick this out.

The length seems perfect for my hand ( 8.5" circumference around the palm ), though the pocket clip does seem to get in the way for more long term use (can be removed using a Torx key). The thumb stub and the liner lock are perfectly fine for one-handed (right-handed) deployment, though I am left handed.

Seems to hold its edge reasonably enough, but I abuse it too much to count as proper use. I normally just use a carbide pull-through type sharpener (since I abuse it so much anyway) but occasionally I use stones (either a Lansky kit or if I'm really bored some Japanese water stones) on it. Note that reviews that state the sharpness out of the box (OOTB) should be ignored as knives do eventually get dull and you will need to sharpen it anyway (unless you plan to get a new one after it goes dull). I have tried to put a 15 deg edge on it but it rolls over too quickly, though that might be because I'm terrible at sharpening (or the steel is too soft). Also, the thumb stub might get in the way if you use bench stones to sharpen (not an issue if you use a Lansky kit).

It seemed a little hard to get the blade out at the start. Drip some lube into it and it just becomes so easy that flicking out the knife becomes second nature, even unintentional.

update (2/10/13):Added notes on sharpening.
on February 14, 2016
I`ve had a knife in my pocket daily for more than 50 years from kamp kings to ka-bar`s and this is my all time favorite. lock backs & thumb studs were big advances in knife tecnoligy and I liked them but they dont begine to compair to this. liner locks are more convieniant to close than back locks.. but the blade launcher is the feature I`m most impressed with. it opens the blade as fast as the push button automatic I had with no springs or accidental openings.the blade has no play in it, holds an edge well and is the perfect size for edc. and the price is more than acceptable for this
on August 1, 2013
This knife seems high quality considering how little it costs. Blade is very sharp and I think it will hold up pretty well. I do wish that the hinge would come oiled. The bronze washers are great quality, but I don't think it would break the bank for Leatherman to just apply a couple drops of machine oil to the hinge before packaging them up.

The blade launch feature works consistently if you know how to use it right. You need to apply enough downward pressure on the knife and you need to use the pulp of your index finger, not the very tip of your finger by your fingernail. I have not applied any oil to the knife yet, but I imagine that the blade launch feature will be significantly easier to use after I do. Other reviews seem to confirm this.

There is no metal liner on the inside of the handle, but it's still reasonably stiff.

My last comment is that I wish the clip were less big and shiny. I'm considering a black oxide treatment for it since I could do it at work for free.
on May 8, 2016
Great pocket knife. Very sharp blade. Small profile & not bulky to carry in your pocket. The only negative is that this knife cannot be opened with one hand. If it could, or by a flick of the wrist, it would be 5 star perfect.
on July 20, 2016
After carrying and loving the C33x for three years I lost it and got the L (for "launcher") version. The so-called launcher does little more than free the blade and deployment is faster just using the thumb stud. What's worse, the launcher actually gets in the hand's way sometimes when deploying with the stud. The action is too tight and feels a bit gritty on both the blade and the carbiner. Skip this and get a different version of the wonderful C33 Crater.
on June 14, 2015
An OK item for the price but the Blade Launcher seems to be a complete waste of energy. The Launcher does work but you have press real hard to get the blade moving or give the blade a pull jump start to get it partially out of its stall and then do the flick of the wrist movement. Really not worth the effort. The thumb release tab is no better if you are trying a one handed operation as it also requires some effort. For most it will be a two handed job to get the blade into position. Item overall is nicely made and light to carry but still remains just a knife. You can spend a lot less if you just want a knife.
on June 10, 2012
Pretty well made for the price. Steel seems good, very sharp out of the package. I ordered 2, both were extremely stiff, I loosened one and put a tiny bit of Hoppes Elite on the hinges and it's great now, flip now works awesomely. The other however I should have returned as the quality controls seem like they're not existent. It was stiff after I managed to loosen it, they used a massive amount of high strength Locktite in it, so much that it squished out into the hinge and made its way between the brass washers and literally glued it all together. AND on top of that they obviously used a press and pressed the pin into the handle, disfiguring a brass washer in the process. I cleaned it up and fixed the washer problem and put it back together with blue Locktite like it should have had and it's great too. A tiny bit of blade wobble where I have it loose for fast deployment but it's good and its not going anywhere. I would have given 5 stars if it had ball bearings instead of brass washers. But that would also up the price. I also think the flip should push the blade further than it does rather than depending on momentum and letting the blade coast the last bit of its travel, but that may be a legal issue, the horrid "switchblade".... which is bs.
on June 6, 2014
This knife is the best bang for your knife buying buck. I have purchased three of these and they simply are the best. They come razor sharp out of the box and hold their edge very well even with moderate to heavy use. I like the kick start feature as the blade can easily be fully deployed with just a flick of the finger. One handed operation is a snap. The removable clip offers excellent retention. The knife has a good heft to it and feels good in the hand. The auto lock secures the blade in place when open and allows zero slop. The lock also releases with one movement and requires only one hand to close. This knife offers superior value and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an everyday carry blade.
on December 9, 2015
very unhappy with this knife I had the same one years ago and lost it so figured I would pick up a new one and I should have spent my money else where. the assisted open design doesn't work, the handle is loose and one of the screws holding the pocket clip on is cross threaded and sticking half way out all cockeyed. if you look closely at the edge on the knife its very choppy and has what looks like dozens of dings running the entire length of it and the handle is much cheaper feeling with rough edges.
on May 30, 2015
I honestly did not think that this would be much of a nice for the $20 price. I need one for the work I do, that has a locking blade, and would not break the bank if I left it lying somewhere. This knife seemed to fit the bill.
I was pleasantly surprised when the knife arrived at the quality, and sharpness of the blade. the grip is very comfortable and has any reassuring not that seems to fit perfectly on my pinky finger. this helps me keep a good grip even with sweaty hands.
All in all a very good knife for the money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.