|Item Weight||11.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9.4 x 5.5 x 2.3 inches|
|Item model number||830032|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||TWENTY FIVE YEARS|
Leatherman Blast, Leather Sheath, Clam Pack [Misc.]
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- All-locking blades for safety
- Four screwdrivers, scissors, saw and extra-long knife blade for cutting, driving, snipping, and sawing on the fly
- Directional, open-tooth saw design for easy starting and easy cutting
- Double-ended eyeglass screw bit offers both flat and Phillips driver for driving a wide variety of screws
- 25-year limited warranty for consumer confidence
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Blast multitool's compact folded shape measures just 4 inches long.
Loaded with the most requested features, the Leatherman Blast is ready for work. Longer blades mean easier slicing, sawing, filing and more, while the Zytel handle inserts provide a comfortable, reliable grip. And in this model, new designs for the handles and pliers help the Blast sustain more than double the squeezing load of the original PST. This multitool set includes all the handy, flip and fold-out tools you'd expect from an industry-leading brand -- all with 100-percent stainless steel construction, manufactured to the optimum grade hardness for each tool. The Blast boasts an open-tooth saw design that allows easy starting and cutting on the fly, plus long wire cutters for a lengthy reach. These pliers are especially designed for a large squeezing load, with a unique jaw design that adds durability.
- Needlenose pliers
- Regular pliers
- Wire cutters
- Hard-wire cutters
- Clip-point knife
- Wood/metal file
- Large screwdriver
- Small screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- Small bit driver
- Ruler (8 inch/19 cm)
- Bottle/can opener
- Wire stripper
- Lanyard attachment
- One double-ended bit
To expand your Blast's functionality, try adding the removable bit driver or the universal tool adapter (both sold separately)
The Blast comes with one double-ended screwdriving bit.
The Blast features all-locking blades. To release the interior blades, all you have to do is press the grooved portion of the push-lock button and carefully rotate the blade. The regular and hard-wire cutters are located within the plier jaws, and the straight knife blades may be easily sharpened using standard sharpening methods.
To access the interior features of the Blast, just grip the handles and swing them open. Each interior blade can be opened using the nail nicks, and so can the scissors. When the scissors are fully extended, they lock securely into place for safety and ease of use.
Optional Accessories (not included)
The Removable Bit Driver Accessory is sold separately, and makes a great addition to the Blast multitool. This removable bit driver works by installing right on top of the integrated Phillips screwdriver blade. You can also add the Universal Tool Adapter to your Blast arsenal. This adapter is a standard 1/4-inch hex drive that locks in three positions.
All Leatherman products are covered by a 25-year limited warranty. If within 25 years from the purchase date of your genuine Leatherman tool you find any defect in material or workmanship, you can count on the manufacturer to make it right with fast warranty service. To obtain warranty service, return your tool to Leatherman Tool Group. Depending on the tool defect, they will decide whether to repair your tool or replace it with a product of equal or greater value. No variations, upgrades or refunds are offered.
The Leatherman Tool Group and its History of Quality
In 1975, Leatherman Tool Group founder Tim Leatherman was inspired by leaky pipes and a cranky car on a budget trip to Europe -- and thus the idea for his first pocket survival tool was conceived. Since then, Leatherman has become an internationally recognized company with hundreds of employees and a wide variety of durable, versatile, stylish products. Created with bold designs and truly rugged construction, Leatherman products are a perfect addition for tool kits, emergency sets, and glove compartments everywhere.
Top Customer Reviews
I will be comparing it to the Wave since I have some experience with it as well.
1. Appearance and size - The Blast weights a little less, but not by a much. It is about as heavy as you would want a pocket carry tool to be. Flat edges when folded so it won't tear fabric. If you will be carrying your tool in a pocket with no sheath, the Wave has some uneven edges. They aren't so much jagged, but just not flat. The Blast is a better tool for this.
2. The pliers - Strong and functional. You won't find many multi-tool pliers that are bigger or better, except maybe on SOG tools. They are identical to the pliers on the Wave. I do find the Blast pliers more comfortable to use, and I think it's because of the Zytel handles. For those of you who don't know, they are NOT spring loaded. I've seen reviewers complain about this before.
3. The tools - On the Wave, there are outside accessible tools (straight edge blade, serrated blade, saw, and file). That is the biggest difference. The Blast has all of the same tools throughout EXCEPT for the serrated blade and a second bit driver, and you must open the tool to use them. While it can be a useful feature to swing a knife open with one hand (Wave), I don't find it to be a necessity, and I don't miss having a serrated knife.
Another difference is that bit driver. The Blast has dedicated screwdrivers, which are stronger and more versatile, in a sense.Read more ›
I am in the U.S. Army. Numerous Soldiers, who need a compact multi-tool, personally buy different varieties of Leathermans .
This is definitely worth getting.
Well it turned out this tool had a fatal flaw that lead it to disappoint me at almost every turn. I didn't think twice about whether the Blast was well constructed because I'd already had 2 Leatherman tools in the past (the original PST, and that Juice KF4), and though the Juice had shortcomings (the PST I had to give away to my dad to replace one of his tools I'd lost) they were both basically impossible to break. Not so a Zytel Leatherman though. Its not that the Zytel itself is a bad material, its just that it fails to keep the Leatherman handles rigid enough when you twist with the tool. This caused my Blast to fall apart over time. The screwdrivers tended to slip, and I eventually chipped the large driver blade while turning a screw (and in particle board!). Worse, one of the fasteners that holds the tools into the handle managed to work itself loose, and though I tried to remember to screw it back in, eventually it fell out and I lost it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A few years later and and still going strong. You can't beat a leathermanPublished 10 months ago by Shan
Very usefull and convenient tool. After 5 years it is still functionning...hurray!!!Published 11 months ago by Critical Eye
Good too to have around. Bought used and is in great condition. These last for a long time if you take care of them and come in handy every day.Published 17 months ago by Pam
I like the update from the original, I will seek this one out next time the Navy Blue Angels confiscate my wife's multi-tool...Published 19 months ago by d
Perfect size and plenty of features. I bought it for the full size file.Published 21 months ago by Roland Lacombe