|Item Weight||15.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 6.4 x 4.4 inches|
|Color||Black, Stainless steel|
Leatherman - Charge® ALX Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Leather Sheath (FFP)
|Price:||$139.85 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- FEATURING 18 TOOLS: needlenose pliers, regularpliers, hard-wire cutters, wire cutters, crimper, wire stripper, 154CM knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, cutting hook, ruler, can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, diamond-coated file, large bit driver, small bit driver
- 420HC STAINLESS STEEL: An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
- 154CM STAINLESS STEEL: A high carbon, high alloy, and corrosion resistant stainless steel that holds its edge three times as long as 420 stainless steel. This steel is used on some premium Leatherman tool features, such as knife blades and wire cutters.
- 6061-T6 HARD-ANODIZED ALUMINUM: A heat treatable, aero-grade aluminum alloy that is extremely durable yet lightweight. 6061-T6 is used on handle scales in Leatherman multi-tools to reduce weight without losing strength.
- ONE TOOL. A COUPLE THOUSAND USES.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. From a functional point of view, the Wave is absolutely comparable (check the Leatherman website where you can do side-by-side comparisons of different tools), and significantly cheaper. You may want to look into this.
2. Although aesthetically pleasing, the black handles actually feel rough, almost giving the sensation of running your fingernails down a chalkboard. I tried it for a week, hoping that I would get used to it - but I didn't, so I returned it and bought the Wave.
Personally, I am more comfortable with the usual smooth, metal finish typical of Leatherman tools. I don't think this affects the functionality of the tool in any way, but I was just not pleased with how it felt in the hand.
Not everyone may feel the same way, so if you are considering this purchase, I would try the aluminum handles yourself in person to see if it is a texture you can tolerate. If not, the Wave may be a better option, especially given the comparable functionality, same exceptional construction expected of a Leatherman tool, and significantly cheaper price.
After all my research, Leatherman seems to be the best money can buy.
I just got it yesterday and haven't had any use for it yet, but I played with it a bit. This came with a few extra bits and the sheath. The sheath is neat because you can attach it to your belt either vertically or horizontally. Somebody thought this through.
I got this particular model because of the 154cm steel knife blade. Much better edge retention over 440 steel. Came VERY sharp -I can shave with this knife. In fact, I was considering buying a folding knife (looking at a Benchmade), but I may not now since I have this knife.
I'm VERY happy with my purchase decision.
Great tool. Love it!
Possible cons that I learned to live with: the bottle/can opener is super strong, great quality metal, but it's so thick it's hard to get under a bottle cap. You can stop worrying, I've still been able to get it to open beers, it just has to be worked around the cap a little bit. I had the Skeletool cx too, another awesome tool, and it almost pops the caps off by itself with its excellent design carabiner/opener. Not so with the Charge, but frankly, I don't need to open beers any faster, and the Charge has many more useful tools than the Skeletool.
There is nothing fancy about how the Charge opens up, it doesn't easily flip open or anything, but the knives are available to open with one hand when the tool is closed, so unless you want to show off your pliers-deploying prowess, that really doesn't matter.
The pliers are small and not very comfortable if you really have to squeeze down, but that's the trade off for having a small tool.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I needed a good multitool after wondering whether or not I would be snapping my pocketknife in half at some point and being far too lazy to go to my toolbox. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Jasper
Did not come with the gift tin as stated in the description. Not a big deal, but I don't like it when things are misrepresented.Published 6 months ago by Rohan M.
Tip of one of the blades snapped off before I even had it a month. Very disappointing for the amount of money paid!Published 6 months ago by ColdAsIce
is better than most leatherman because all knifes are on the outside and you can change the heads of the screwdrivers to 20 different combinations on either sidePublished 9 months ago by Carlos paez
Well, this is my third leatherman tool, and probably my favorite. I also have a skeletool that I love but don't think you can really compare the two as one is a full size tool and... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Gregory Byrd
A great looking and working tool. May be a bit expensive but if you want a well made tool with many features then this tool if for you.Published 11 months ago by Ricky D