|Item Weight||8.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 2 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||830663|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Special Features||The Charge AL includes: Hard-anodized aluminum handles; Needlenose pliers; Regular pliers; Wire cutters; Hard-wire cutters; Clip-point knife; Serrated knife; Saw; Scissors; Wood/metal file; Diamond-coated file; Large bit driver; Small bit driver; Ruler (8 inch); Bottle/can opener; Wire stripper; Fixed lanyard ring; Quick-release lanyard ring; Removable pocket clip; 8 double-end bits; Nylon sheath.|
|Warranty Description||25 YEAR WARRANTY|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Leatherman - Charge AL Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath
|Price:||$139.85 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- FEATURING 17 TOOLS: Needlenose pliers, regular pliers, hard wire cutters, wire cutters, wire stripper, 154cm knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, spring action scissors, ruler, can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, diamond coated file, large bit driver, small bit driver, medium screwdriver.
- ALL LOCKING FEATURES: All locking features mean that every tool and knife on the body of the handle, with the exception of the plier head, will lock into place. The all locking design enables you to operate individual tools safely and effectively. By locking them into place when fully open, you can put pressure on the implement while safely completing the job, before manually unlocking the tool to stow it away.
- OUTSIDE-ACCESSIBLE TOOLS: The Charge AL features tools that are accessible while the tool is in its folded or closed position, mimicking the functionality of a pocket knife. In addition, the Charge AL includes an accessory set that includes a removable clip, which allows the user to wear their multi-tool attached to a pocket or belt loop, and a removable quick-release lanyard ring, which allows for attachment to a lanyard.
- ONE-HANDED OPERABLE: Every feature on the Charge AL can be opened and operated with one hand. This enables you to keep the other hand free for situations that require multi-tasking or a free hand.
- LEATHERMAN 25 YEAR GUARANTEE: We take extraordinary measures so your Leatherman product is free from manufacturer's defects and will give you many years of dependable service. If the tool does have a defect, we will gladly repair or replace it, at our discretion. This warranty does not cover sheaths, accessories, imprinting, color finishes, cleaning or sharpening. This warranty covers products purchased through an authorized dealer and proof of purchase from an authorized dealer may be required.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Charge AL Multi-Tool
Featuring 17 Tools
- 1. Needlenose Pliers
- 2. Regular Piers
- 3. Hard-wire Cutters
- 4. Wire Cutters
- 5. Wire Stripper
- 6. 154cm Knife
- 7. 420HC Serrated Knife
- 8. Saw
- 9. Spring-action Scissors
- 10. Ruler (8 inch | 19 centimeter)
- 11. Can Opener
- 12. Bottle Opener
- 13. Wood/Metal File
- 14. Diamond-coated File
- 15. Large Bit Driver
- 16. Small Bit Driver
- 17. Medium Screwdriver
If You Could Take One Tool to a Deserted Island...
The Leatherman Charge AL includes scissors that slice through just about anything, with beveled edges that allow them to get extra close to whatever you're cutting. Bit drivers for versatility, diamond-coated files for detailed work, and a 154cm clip-point knife are all housed in 6061-T6, hard-anodized aluminum alloy handles. The Charge AL takes the idea of a multi-tool up a notch.
The Charge AL features tools that are accessible while the tool is in its folded or closed position, mimicking the functionality of a pocket knife. It also offers all locking features which means that every tool and knife on the body of the handle, with the exception of the plier head, will lock into place. In addition, every feature on the Charge AL can be opened and operated with one hand.
Out here in Oregon, we're used to getting things done - you could call it our pioneering spirit. It's just how we do things. It's the reason Tim Leatherman built his first multi-purpose tool, and why Leatherman Tool Group has made a promise to our community to stay local. Why? Well, we're proud to support U.S. workers who are dedicated to the quality craftsmanship that goes into each of our original American multi-tools, just like our founder.
6061-T6 Hard-Anodized Aluminum Handles
The handles on the Charge AL are made of 6061-T6 Hard-Anodized Aluminum, an aero-grade aluminum alloy that is extremely durable yet lightweight. The handles are crafted with rounded edges for superior comfort and are heat-treated and hard-anodized for wear-resistance and strength.
Hard-Anodized Aluminum Handles
154 cm Stainless Steel Knife
25 Year Guarantee
- The Charge AL includes: Hard-anodized aluminum handles; Needlenose pliers; Regular pliers; Wire cutters; Hard-wire cutters; Clip-point knife; Serrated knife; Saw; Scissors; Wood/metal file; Diamond-coated file; Large bit driver; Small bit driver; Ruler (8 inch); Bottle/can opener; Wire stripper; Fixed lanyard ring; Quick-release lanyard ring; Removable pocket clip; 8 double-end bits; Nylon sheath.
The Leatherman Charge AL includes scissors that slice through just about anything, with beveled edges that allow them to get extra close to whatever you're cutting. Bit drivers for versatility, diamond-coated files for detailed work, and a 154CM clip-point knife are all housed in 6061-T6, hard-anodized aluminum alloy handles. The Charge AL takes the idea of a multi-tool up a notch. Closed Length: 4 in (10 cm); Weight: 8.3 oz (235 g); Primary Blade Length: 2.9 in (7.37 cm).
Charge's pliers have been redesigned to handle
133% more squeezing load.
Charge locks are 50% stronger than
Leatherman's original tools.
Bronze bushings make the interior tools smooth
and quick to open.
Each Charge tool has multiple bit drivers, and the
Charge sheath allows you to carry the additional
bits anywhere you go.
The AL comes packed with long-lasting scissors.
The Charge Family
The Charge AL is part of a broader line of Leatherman multitools bearing the Charge name. Originally, the Charge line consisted of the Ti and the XTi, two high-end tools whose major distinguishing characteristic was having handles made from titanium. For 2007, Leatherman has added three new members to the Charge family: the TTi, the AL, and the ALX. As you might expect, the TTi is essentially an upgraded version of the Ti and XTi. The AL and ALX, meanwhile, come with handles made from 6061 T6 aluminum, an ultra-light and super-strong material used in aircraft construction.
Leatherman has added several key design elements to all of these gorgeous new Charge tools. For instance, the knife blades are bigger and wider, allowing you to cut more efficiently. The pliers can withstand 133% higher squeezing load than Leathermans original tools, enabling a tighter hold for tough jobs, and youll never have to worry about it coming unhinged, either, thanks to a 50% increase in lock strength. Multiple bit drivers also are a standard feature, and each Charge has bronze bushings at the hinges to make opening tools a snap.
The Charge AL
Like the ALX, the AL has handles made from heat-treated, hard-anodized aluminum. However, there are differences between the two, the main one being that the AL features scissors instead of a cutting hook. This is a nice feature for anyone who thinks theyll do more cutting than ripping. The AL also lacks a crimper, which is an ideal accessory for anyone working with electrical wires or metals. It does have a saw, and it has the same 154CM stainless steel knife as the ALX. In terms of weight, the AL is the heaviest of the three, weighing in at 8.4 ounces. (The ALX weighs 8.3 ounces and the titanium TTi weighs 8.2 ounces.)
To sum up, the AL is a superb multitool that will meet demanding users' needs. If you value scissors over a cutting hook and a crimper, the AL is a perfect option. Full product specs:
- Hard-anodized aluminum handles
- Needlenose pliers
- Regular pliers
- Wire cutters
- Hard-wire cutters
- Clip-point knife
- Serrated knife
- Wood/metal file
- Diamond-coated file
- Large bit driver
- Small bit driver
- 8 double-end bits
- Ruler (8 inch)
- Bottle/can opener
- Wire stripper
- Fixed lanyard ring
- Quick-release lanyard ring
- Removable pocket clip
Leather or Nylon Carrying Case
All three Charge iterations come with a premium leather or nylon sheath. Both versions will carry the tools in their open or closed position and two side pockets hold your extra necessitieseven a mini-flashlight. An inside back pocket holds Charge's included bits and has room for a full Bit Kit (sold separately) giving you up to 42 bits to choose from. Don't want to wear a sheath? Then clip your Charge to your jacket, backpack or car's visor with the removable pocket clip. Or, choose the quick-release lanyard ring. With it, you're able to safely keep the tool on any lanyard and detach it quickly when you need it.
What's in the Box
Charge AL multitool, 8 drill and screw bits, nylon carrying case, removable pocket clip, quick-release lanyard ring, gift tin
The Leatherman Story
The Leatherman phenomenon began in 1975 when founder Tim Leatherman embarked on a trip across Europe and the Middle East in a cranky Fiat. Leatherman, an engineer by training, became so fed up with breakdowns and other hassles that he fashioned a prototype of what he called a Pocket Survival Tool out of cardboard. Two years later the first PST was born in his basement, and the rest is history. Today the Leatherman company produces dozens of different multitools, knives, pruners, and accessories, and is recognized across the world for its cutting edge designs and superior quality.
Top Customer Reviews
The reasons I picked the Leatherman Charge AL over other Leatherman models:
I don't think the TTi is worth all the extra money (IMO). The 154 CM steel blade is as good a quality steel for a blade as the average user needs. Of course if you know your steel, and you prefer top of the line that yes, go with the S30V steel blade on the TTi, but most people will find the 154CM steel is adequate.
The TTi also has the Lightweight corrosion resistant titanium handles and a cutting hook, but I don't think these items have a huge impact on the use of the MT, or justify spending the extra money.
I do think the Charge is worth getting over the less expensive models. Yes, the charge has similar tools/functionality but after using the charge for a few months the difference is night and day. The charge has a much better feel to it, overall the quality and comfort is far better than the cheaper models.
As far as picking the AL over the ALX is purely up to what you prefer in your MT. If you carry the extra bits in your sheath, than why would you need two bit holders on your Leatherman? One is good for me and I'll take the scissors!
Overall this is a great MT. Leatherman has outdone themselves with the charge family. A testament to how much I love this Leatherman is after a few months use it was stolen from me. After spending almost $100 on it, I had a very hard time deciding on if I wanted to drop another $100 or just get a cheaper Leatherman. But the thought of using any other model for my EDC was just too much for me. So I'm buying this again!
(NOTE: I think Karma helped me out. My second Charge AL came with a S30V Steel Blade!!!! I contacted Leatherman and they assured me the AL and ALX are not being made with S30V steel and I just got lucky)
Overall it is hands down the most durable, comfortable, practical MT I have used and I would recommend spending the extra $ to get this over the wave or similar models. Yes, it is a heavier MT but it worth the weight to have this with you on the job. When I lost mine the Lack of weight on my belt was a terrible feeling.
In general, every part of this tool is well-designed and manufactured precisely. Therefore, I'll only mention those areas that fall short of this standard. There are two:
- the eyeglass-screwdriver is made of very soft metal, and the tip bent when I tightened my glasses with it
- the scissors work well, but have two flaws: the blade faces toward your finger when you put them away, and the fit isn't great... there is friction when you push it back into place. The latter might just be a problem with my particular item.
Otherwise, this is a great multi-tool!