Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
LEATHERMAN - Micra Keychain Multitool with Spring-Action Scissors and Grooming Tools, Stainless Steel, Built in The USA
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9.5 x 5.3 x 0.39 inches|
|Item Weight||0.11 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- READY FOR ANYTHING: Our most popular mini-tool with anglers, hobbyists and anyone who appreciates the best spring-action scissors around; Perfect for tackle boxes, pockets, fanny packs and keychains
- 10 TOOLS IN 1: A knife, tweezers, file, spring-action scissors and more packed into a 1.8-ounce-keychain-sized multitool that never gives up
- OUR GUARANTEE: We’re proud to stand behind every product that leaves our factory in Portland, Oregon; That’s why we offer our 25-year warranty, so you can be confident your Leatherman lasts a lifetime
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF: Equipped with a variety of personal care tools, including a nail file and tweezers, you can take care of broken nails and splinters in a pinch
- ALWAYS ON HAND: The Micra is equipped with a key ring attachment so that it doesn’t get lost and is always within reach and ready to work
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Leatherman Micra is our most popular mini-tool with anglers, hobbyists and those who can appreciate the best spring-action scissors around. With 10 useful tools packed into this tiny, lightweight Leatherman, it’s the perfect tool for tackle boxes, pockets, purses or sewing kits. Closed Length: 2.5 inches (6.5 cm); Weight: 1.8 oz (51 g); Blade Length: 1.6 inches (4.06 cm).
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using the product.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I replaced it and to my chagrin, the scissors really struggle to cut through plastic tie wraps and the edges are already marred significantly. I can't imagine what could have damaged it like that - I've only used it for light duty, just like the older set. It appears to be a much softer metal.
It's still a useful tool, but it's a bit disappointing because the original was such an overachiever. In comparison, this seems more like a typical Home Depot/Harbor Freight product than the exceptional "made in the USA" quality product that I have really come to appreciate. It makes me regret losing my old one that much more...
Obviously, any of the single purpose tools will do the job more efficiently than the Micra. But it's found a place in my pocket for everyday carry for having all that capability in a quality little package.
This one is a replacement after TSA relieved me of the last one that lasted many years and I was lost without it. I'm disappointed that the new one is the overseas Leatherman "Tool" variety, which isn't quite the same high quality as the Leatherman USA version I had to forfeit. Specifically, the rivet holding the scissors together is sloppy and the knife blade is sharpened only on one side, rather than a full bevel of its predecessor. It's really disappointing for Leatherman to establish itself as a quality brand and then design the quality out of its products. :-(
There is nothing I could find that came close to these scissors in a multi-tool. Not only is the metal of the scissor blades nice and thick for it's size, but the hinges and spring mechanism are also sturdy and well designed, giving that positive springy push-back, and built to last.
I do wish the knife blade were a little thicker, and that it was a bit easier to identify and to unfold the knife, with the tiny little fingernail groove it has. It's okay for my uses, but if you were cutting boxes all day, I'd get a different tool with a thicker blade. Just the nature of Multi-tools, but you have to memorize which side and which half things are on, and I still have not, so it takes fumbling to get to the knife for me. I'mma try putting a permanent marker dot on it and see if that stays on it until I do remember, but it would be nice if there were a tactile/visual cue where the primary features are located so I don't have to open/close to find out.
But the scissors is the reason to buy the Micra for my uses, and it's size, being that it is no longer than my keys when folded up and in my pants/shorts pocket all day. A belt clip sized device is out of the question. I don't use it that much, but I sure appreciate not having to go find a knife/scissors in the garage or desk, and it's with me in the car and wherever I go. I used to just chew through those little plastic ties, which never seemed like a good idea for my teeth.
I looked at videos comparing the Micra with similar offerings from Leatherman and a few major competitors, but none of them had the sturdy scissors/tiny size I needed, and having owned it for a few months now, I know it's the right tool. Having been raised by an Automotive Repair Shop owner, I can tell you there is nothing like "The Right Tool for the Job."
Hope this helps! I appreciated all the Reviews so I knew what to try! Made a good stocking stuffer present for my Wife to give me.
Top reviews from other countries
This is what I find better on this Micra versus other models in the same size/class:
- tools open from the inside for an extra layer of safety in your pocket.
- the screwdriver bits are longer.
- the bottle opener is bigger and easier to use.
- There is a full 5 inch long ruler that runs the length of both handles.
- the tweezers cannot be lost since they stay connected to the multi-tool while in use. Still they are precise and work well.
- feels well built and strong
- no plastic parts
- no paint or anodization to wear off. Stainless steel is the way to go!