|Item Weight||5.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6 x 4 x 9 inches|
|Item model number||831741|
|Style||MOLLE Compatible Holster|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||compatible holster|
|Warranty Description||Call vendor for warranty|
|National Stock Number||5110-01-626-8766|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Leatherman - Raptor Shears, Black with MOLLE Compatible Holster
|Price:||$69.85 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- FEATURING 6 TOOLS: 420HC stainless steel folding medical shears, strap cutter, ring cutter, ruler (5 cm), oxygen tank wrench, carbide glass breaker.
- 420HC STAINLESS STEEL: An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
- GLASS-FILLED NYLON: A thermoplastic material where strength is improved by adding chopped glass fibers. This allows for excellent durability without adding significant weight. In Leatherman knives, the glass-filled nylon handles are so strong that an inner steel frame is not required, thereby reducing weight for a lighter every day carry.
- INJECTION-MOLDED POLYMER HOLSTER: Choose from 2 types of injection-molded polymer holsters: a utility holster that will generally fit EMT belts or a MOLLE (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) compatible holster. The MOLLE compatible holster enables secure attachment to the current generation of load-bearing equipment and backpacks commonly utilized by a number of armed forces.
- LEATHERMAN 25 YEAR GUARANTEE: We take extraordinary measures so your Leatherman product is free from manufacturer's defects and will give you many years of dependable service. If the tool does have a defect, we will gladly repair or replace it, at our discretion. This warranty does not cover sheaths, accessories, imprinting, color finishes, cleaning or sharpening. This warranty covers products purchased through an authorized dealer and proof of purchase from an authorized dealer may be required.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Featuring 6 Tools
- 1. 420HC Stainless Steel Folding Medical Shears.
- 2. Strap Cutter.
- 3. Ring Cutter.
- 4. Ruler (5 cm).
- 5. Oxygen Tank Wrench.
- 6. Carbide Glass Breaker.
The Leatherman Raptor shears features the necessary tools for uniformed medical professionals to safely and quickly go to work in an emergency situation. Developed with the input of special operations medics, EMTs and fire professionals familiar with standard medical shears, the Raptor was crafted with just the right balance of multipurpose features for medical-specific ops without an overkill of tools to complicate sometimes life-threatening situations. When it's a question of survival, the Raptor answers loud and clear. Holster included.
Out here in Oregon, we're used to getting things done - you could call it our pioneering spirit. It's just how we do things. It's the reason Tim Leatherman built his first multi-purpose tool, and why Leatherman Tool Group has made a promise to our community to stay local. Why? Well, we're proud to support U.S. workers who are dedicated to the quality craftsmanship that goes into each of our original American multi-tools, just like our founder.
420HC Medical Shears
The Raptor features collapsible cutting shears crafted from 420HC stainless steel, an improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. The shears have serrations to help grip materials for a strong, fast cut and come apart for cleaning and maintenance.
420HC Medical Shears
Strap Cutter/Oxygen Wrench
Glass-Filled Nylon Handles
25 Year Guarantee
The Leatherman Raptor shears features the necessary tools for uniformed medical professionals to safely and quickly go to work in an emergency situation. Developed with the input of special operations medics, EMTs and fire professionals familiar with standard medical shears, the Raptor was crafted with just the right balance of multipurpose features for medical-specific ops without an overkill of tools to complicate sometimes life-threatening situations. When it's a question of survival, the Raptor answers loud and clear. Closed Length: 5 in (12.7 cm); Weight: 5.8 oz (164 g); Shear Length: 1.9 in (4.8 cm).
Top customer reviews
I've been considering them for awhile. Finally decided to get them because, really, $60 is cheap for a good piece of equipment, it has a ruler and 02 wrench as well as a freakin AWESOME set of scissors. Would def recommend and buy again if some loser steals them on me.
I don't use the case it came in. I use a pocket on one of my many Maxpedition bags and it fits fairly well.
I would recommend it to anyone and I would buy it again if I lost it.
CONS: I know it has something to do with the overall design and how it closes, but the length of the shears could be a little longer. Their small and when cutting to an edge, they square off the cut. They simply don't cut a flush end. Considering how well their made and their purpose, it's a small gripe. Handle isn't very comfortable especially when cutting tougher thicknesses. The glass breaker isn't one of those things you really need and you never go out and test it. Seriously who really tests a glass breaker ? The gas shut-off isn't what I would call important but if these are used in a medical situation I guess they would be. It's small to operate is you needed to in a hurry. Unlike some medic shears that can cut through jeans or canvas very fast, the ridged blades may not do it as quickly. It really depends on your circumstances.
PROS: Could I do without them ? NO. Not any more. I used to carry typical medic shears, they were good but not this good. They're shears on steroids for cutting things delicate shears can't. That's the point of my purchase.
I wish they would make a stripped down and less expensive version. I'd buy a pair for my EDC first aid kits but at this price and size I can't justify that for my multiple kits (one per car and one in my go bag).
If you are getting these as a gift for a medical professional you might want to plan on engraving their name or initials as part of the gift to help prevent these from "walking off"at work. The first thing my sister did was head to the mall to get hers engraved.
Most recent customer reviews
Just don't take fishing.Read more