|Item Weight||9.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 1.5 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||831548-FFP|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Multitool, Sheath|
Leatherman - Rebar® Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath (FFP)
|Price:||$59.85 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- FEATURING 17 TOOLS: needlenose pliers, regular pliers, 154CM replaceable wire cutters, 154CM replaceable hard-wire cutters, electrical crimper, wire stripper, 420HC knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, awl w/ thread loop, ruler (8", 19cm), can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, phillips screwdriver, large screwdriver, small screwdriver.
- 420HC STAINLESS STEEL: An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
- 154CM STAINLESS STEEL: A high carbon, high alloy, and corrosion resistant stainless steel that holds its edge three times as long as 420 stainless steel. This steel is used on some premium Leatherman tool features, such as knife blades and wire cutters.
- REPLACEABLE WIRE/HARD-WIRE CUTTERS: The Rebar is the first model Leatherman has produced with replaceable wire/hard-wire cutters in a 4" tool. To maintain the balance of materials when making room for the new removable wire cutters, more steel was added to key areas, making the Rebar pliers the strongest, beefiest pliers ever produced on a 4" tool.
- ONE TOOL. A COUPLE THOUSAND USES.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Leatherman - Rebar® Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath (FFP)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Weight||0.6 pounds||0.43 pounds||0.43 pounds||0 pounds|
|Dimensions||1 inches x 4 inches x 1.5 inches||1 inches x 3.8 inches x 1 inches||2 inches x 3.8 inches x 1 inches||1 inches x 4 inches x 1.5 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Featuring 17 Tools
- Needlenose Pliers
- Regular Pliers
- 154 cm Replaceable Wire Cutters
- 154 cm Replaceable Hard-wire Cutters
- Electrical Crimper
- Wire Stripper
- 420HC Knife
- 420HC Serrated Knife
- Awl w/ Thread Loop
- Ruler (8 in | 19 cm)
- Can Opener
- Bottle Opener
- Wood/Metal File
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Large Screwdriver
- Small Screwdriver
A Classic Never Goes Out of Style
With the new Rebar, Leatherman fans will immediately recognize the iconic box-like shape found in Tim Leatherman's original PST design. The Rebar pliers have been optimized for strength and feature replaceable wire/hard-wire cutters—a first for a four-inch tool from Leatherman. With all the features to get even the toughest jobs done, in a smaller, slimmer size, the new Rebar is sure to be an instant hit on job sites and home projects the world over.
Out here in Oregon, we're used to getting things done - you could call it our pioneering spirit. It's just how we do things. It's the reason Tim Leatherman built his first multi-purpose tool, and why Leatherman Tool Group has made a promise to our community to stay local. Why? Well, we're proud to support U.S. workers who are dedicated to the quality craftsmanship that goes into each of our original American multi-tools, just like our founder.
420HC Stainless Steel
An improved, High-Carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
420HC Stainless Steel
Removable Wire Cutters
Optimized for Strength
25 Year Guarantee
Top Customer Reviews
The "full size" line of tools are all about 100mm long when folded, and include the Charge TTi, the New Wave, the Rebar, and the Wingman. The first two are much more expensive than the latter two, and I will only discuss the Rebar and Wingman.
Leatherman multitools can be further subdivided between blade-in and blade-out designs. In the former, you must open the tool to have access to the knife blade(s); in the latter they are available just as they would be in a pocket knife
The Rebar is a blade-in design; the Wingman is blade-out. If your most common use of the tool will be for cutting with the knife blade(s), then the Wingman would be more convenient.
The Rebar has a much superior shear-type wire-cutter with replaceable blades. The Wingman has a butt-type or pinch-type wire-cutter. Both work, but the Rebar works noticeably better, especially for hard wire.
The Rebar has two large blades, a plain blade and a serrated blade; the Wingman has only a single combination blade, but it is instantly available because of the blade-out design.
The Rebar has a full-size double-sided file with a serrated edge that can serve as a hack saw. Wingman has what can only be described as a toy, a single-sided, half length file. I would consider it worthless.
The Rebar has a full-size wood saw; the Wingman has none.
The Wingman, however, has an excellent scissor, the best of the whole line, while the Rebar has no scissor.Read more ›
The good: (sorry this will be a long list)
- First is the size. I did not change the title of my review. The Rebar is simply a small Supertool 300 with 1 less screwdriver, and this is a very good thing. It's 4" and 6.7oz, which makes it the smallest and lightest current tool in Leatherman's "full size" lineup. It's a tiny bit lighter than the Sidekick, Wingman, or now retired Blast (all 7 oz). This is perfect for me personally because it means I can carry the Rebar comfortably in my front pants pocket (for perspective I'm 5'7" 180lbs, and typically wear 32-30 jeans in "slim straight fit"). I personally dislike a sheath so this is a major advantage for me, and 7 ounces and 4 inches seems to be the magic size and weight limit that allows me to comfortably leave the belt sheath at home.
- Next, the physical strength of this design is remarkable. This is strongest MT I've ever had. It has proved stronger than my much heavier Gerber Multi-Plier 600's, and it is also stronger than the Wave I've since acquired.Read more ›
Although the PST was a well made and useful multi-tool, it lacked certain implements I would have wished for, and those it had did not lock. What I liked was the light weight and pocket size, and still keep it for travel to places where locking blades are not street legal, but I moved on.
My next LT was the Super Tool, which added a serrated blade and saw to the tool mix, also everything locked. OTOH, it was larger, almost double the weight of the PST, and the unlocking method was slow, awkward and potentially dangerous (although I never actually got cut). Despite its drawbacks, I settled for the ST and spent years with one hanging on my belt. It turned out to be endlessly useful for all sorts of everyday tasks and got me through several "emergencies," as well.
Eventually, I upgraded to a Super Tool 300, basically an updated and much improved version of the original, but even heavier. Belt carried, it was manageable, but I would have preferred a smaller, lighter weight version for every day carry, pocketable, basically a Super Tool scaled down. Apparently, I was not the only one, because at last Leatherman responded with the Rebar, just what I had been waiting for. ASAP, I ordered one from an Amazon
vendor and eagerly awaited its delivery. Then, I read several negative online reviews about the tool, complaining about the build quality. Oops?
Much concerned, I went to a nearby sports chain store to examine one they had on display. To my dismay, it seemed to confirm the negatives.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have been a Leatherman fan from the first version. For the price I think there are better tools out there. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Jarvis
Love this knife, enjoyed my previous one very much till I lost it. It was probably 30 years old.Published 3 days ago by Mike Hay
Purchased this as a Father's Day gift for my dad. Since then, he's used it pretty much daily on the farm and has probably used every tool on it. Read morePublished 8 days ago by ktackett
Strong, sturdy, and more useful than I thought. Using for weapons adjustments and anything in the field/campingPublished 20 days ago by Carla