|Item Weight||6.9 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.8 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||831429|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Warranty Description||25 Year|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Leatherman - Sidekick® Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath
|Price:||$42.94 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- FEATURING 17 TOOLS: Need lenose pliers, regular pliers, 154CM replaceable wire cutters, 154CM replaceable hard-wire cutters, electrical crimper, wire stripper, 420HC knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, awl w/ thread loop, ruler (8", 19cm), can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, phillips screwdriver, large screwdriver, small screwdriver.
- 420HC Stainless Steel: An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
- 154CM Stainless Steel: A high carbon, high alloy, and corrosion resistant stainless steel that holds its edge three times as long as 420 stainless steel. This steel is used on some premium Leatherman tool features, such as knife blades and wire cutters.
- Black Oxide: Black oxide is a powder-based metal coating. Ideal for situations where giving away a position would be costly, it is widely used by the military for its effectiveness in reducing glare and reflection.
- ONE TOOL. A COUPLE THOUSAND USES.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Leatherman - Sidekick® Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath
Leatherman - Rev Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel B00TQ3S3GK
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Weight||0.43 pounds||0.43 pounds||0.31 pounds||0.4 pounds|
|Dimensions||1 inches x 3.8 inches x 1 inches||2 inches x 3.8 inches x 1 inches||1 inches x 4 inches x 1 inches||0.75 inches x 4 inches x 2 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1) Spring-loaded pliers/wire cutters. It's really nice to not have to manually open the tool jaws when you're working on something.
2) Much more ergonomic handles. Squeezing something really hard with the PST can be uncomfortable; the Sidekick has rounded edges that are much easier on your hands.
3) Larger pivot point for the jaws and heavier wire cutters. Seems like it'll hold up better than the PST; mine had loosened up to the point that cutting wire below 12ga was nearly impossible.
4) The knife blade is considerably sharper than on my PST. When I got my original PST the knife blade was just a bar of stainless steel that had been beveled. Not overly effective. This one is much better; nearly shaving sharp out of the box, and it holds an edge very well. Plus you can access the blade without having to open the tool, which is a nice bonus.
5) Locking blades is a nice touch. I've nearly cut myself using my PST when the blade has folded up unexpectedly.
6) Still has the 25-year Leatherman Warranty. And if you use your tools at all, believe me when I say that you'll need it. These are great rugged tools, but anything that gets used every day (I use mine as part of my EDC) is going to eventually need something fixed. Can you think of ANYTHING that you've carried every day for 25 years that hasn't needed repair at some point?
1) Blades are too small. The blades are too small in relation to the handles.Read more ›
I bought two of these and have just today received them from the post.
All i can say is leatherman has won me over straight away!
The ease of opening the tools and the lock unlock mechanism works perfectly, and the grip is really comfortable, practicing on each tool i felt that i could maintain a firm pressure and not feel any pinching or soreness from the tool at all. The feel and weight of the tool really impressed me and i would be interested to see what a Leatherman fuse owner rates this multitool.
This tool is the perfect "basic" multitool, it has a great finish, good feel and quality in the manufacture, If you want a good multitool that gives bang for your buck this is the one!
12/12/11 Follow up: I just ordered and received my second of these tools. Why?? -- this is a great small tool for the glove compartment of my vehicle. The first one has been used primarily in the household, by me AND my wife (she says it's not too bulky for her to use). Very handy !! GJM
I was not disappointed. This is a great little device. It feels great, the weight is perfect, and has almost all of the tools that I need. I liked the Sidekick so much that I also bought a Wingman (similar product but with scissors instead of a saw).
There are only two things that I don't like about the product:
The blade does not hold an edge very well
I broke one of the flat heads trying to use it as a pry bar (not really how it is meant to be used). To be fair leatherman would fix or replace it for free, but I have not sent it in yet.
I now use the wingman as my EDC because I get more use out of the scissors than the saw, but this one is in our junk drawer and is used at least weekly.
Is it as well made as a surge or wave? Well no, but it is also 1/3 the price and 2/3 the size. For a light duty multitool that you can put in your pocket, either the sidekick or the wingman is a great choice.
One last note: Leatherman should design a make your own multitool. Flat price for the empty shell, then varying prices for tools.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent little tool. Not much bigger than a Swiss Army knife. All the tools are easy to open. The knife blade was sharp on delivery. The sheath is good quality as wellPublished 5 days ago by Dimitrov D.
I really like this leather man for everyday carry, it not heavy. Knive can be opened one handed and is very sharp. Pliers are spring loaded which is nice. Saw works fairly well. Read morePublished 5 days ago by D.Rissinger
Love this tool! Used it every single day when I went underway, and people were asking to borrow it just as often. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Brian Schopen
This thing is pretty nice. I like the spring loaded jaws. Makes it easy to use. Perfect for a backup just to have in your pocket. I love the pocket clip.Published 14 days ago by kimberly c hanthorn
I bought 6 of these for my boys for Christmas. They came quickly and were even better than I though they would be. I was delighted with the use and quality. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Amazon Customer
I've had the original leatherman, and the leatherman supertool for almost 30 years now. the supertool I carried for approximately 25 years since I was in the military. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Amazon Customer
The description is not correct. I wanted an awl with thread loop and its not on the Sidekick. I think there are other things missing too. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Darryl