|Item Weight||7.5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.4 x 9.2 x 6.3 inches|
|Item model number||832262|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Leatherman - Signal Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath (FFP)
|Price:||$99.85 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- FEATURING 19 TOOLS: Needlenose pliers, regular pliers, 154CM replaceable wire cutters, 154CM replaceable hard-wire cutters, wire stripper, 420HC combo knife, saw, hammer, awl w/ thread loop, can opener, bottle opener, 1/4" hex bit driver, bit driver, 1/4" box wrench, carabiner, 3/16" box wrench, safety whistle, ferrocerium rod, diamond coated sharpener.
- ALL LOCKING FEATURES: All locking features mean that every tool and knife on the body of the handle, with the exception of the plier head, will lock into place. The all locking design enables you to operate individual tools safely and effectively. By locking them into place when fully open, you can put pressure on the implement while safely completing the job, before manually unlocking the tool to stow it away.
- OUTSIDE-ACCESSIBLE TOOLS: The Signal features tools that are accessible while the tool is in its folded or closed position, mimicking the functionality of a pocket knife. In addition, the Signal includes a replaceable/removable pocket clip which allows you to wear it attached to a pocket or belt loop without the use of a sheath. By removing the clip, you're able to easily carry the Signal in a sheath if preferred.
- ONE-HANDED OPERABLE: Every feature on the Signal can be opened and operated with one hand. This enables you to keep the other hand free for situations that require multi-tasking or a free hand.
- LEATHERMAN 25 YEAR GUARANTEE: We take extraordinary measures so your Leatherman product is free from manufacturer's defects and will give you many years of dependable service. If the tool does have a defect, we will gladly repair or replace it, at our discretion. This warranty does not cover sheaths, accessories, imprinting, color finishes, cleaning or sharpening. This warranty covers products purchased through an authorized dealer and proof of purchase from an authorized dealer may be required.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Featuring 19 Tools
- 1. Needlenose Pliers.
- 2. Regular Pliers.
- 3. 154cm Replaceable Wire Cutters.
- 4. 154CM Replaceable Hard-wire Cutters.
- 5. Wire Stripper.
- 6. 420HC Combo Knife.
- 7. Saw.
- 8. Hammer.
- 9. Awl without Thread Loop.
- 10. Can Opener.
- 11. Bottle Opener.
- 12. 1/4 inch Hex Bit Driver.
- 13. Bit Driver.
- 14. 1/4 inch Box Wrench.
- 15. Carabiner.
- 16. 3/16 inch Box Wrench.
- 17. Safety Whistle.
- 18. Ferrocerium Rod.
- 19. Diamond-coated Sharpener.
Stay Ready For the Expected (And Unexpected)
In the all-new Signal, Leatherman’s traditional functional tools pair with new preparedness features like a shaped diamond coated sharpener for maintaining your straight and serrated blade, fire-starting ferro rod, and an emergency whistle. Weather have you socked in at basecamp? Lightening your load on that day hike? No problem. Stay ready for the expected (and unexpected) no matter where you are with everything you need to stay safe and take your adventure further. Nylon sheath included.
Out here in Oregon, we're used to getting things done - you could call it our pioneering spirit. It's just how we do things. It's the reason Tim Leatherman built his first multi-purpose tool, and why Leatherman Tool Group has made a promise to our community to stay local. Why? Well, we're proud to support U.S. workers who are dedicated to the quality craftsmanship that goes into each of our original American multi-tools, just like our founder.
DLC (diamond like coating) is a carbon-based coating that displays some of the unique properties of natural diamond. It is applied for scratch and corrosion resistance.
Ferrocerium Fire Starter
Diamond Coated Sharpener
25 Year Guarantee
Compare to similar items
This item Leatherman - Signal Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath (FFP)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||9.2 x 4.4 x 6.3 in||1 x 4 x 1 in||1.25 x 2 x 5 in||2.25 x 9.5 x 1 in||4.2 x 6.1 x 1.85 in||1.5 x 4 x 1 in|
|Item Weight||7.5 ounces||5.01 ounces||5.76 ounces||0.85 lb||0.7 lb||1 lb|
In the all-new Signal, Leatherman's traditional functional tools pair with new preparedness features like a shaped diamond coated sharpener for maintaining your straight and serrated blade, fire-starting ferro rod, and an emergency whistle. Weather have you socked in at basecamp? Lightening your load on that day hike? No problem. Stay ready for the expected (and unexpected) no matter where you are with everything you need to stay safe and take your adventure further. Closed Length: 4.5 in (11.43 cm); Weight: 7.5 oz (212.6 g); Blade Length: 2.73 in (6.93 cm). Includes: Safety Whistle, Ferrocerium Rod, Diamond Sharpener.
Top Customer Reviews
I usually carry a leatherman wave on my belt as my everyday multi-tool, and I don't think the signal will replace that. It doesn't have as many features, and the features it does have are not really practical as an everyday carry item (fire starter, sharpener, whistle). But as I said, perfect for camping.
One of the features that I think will be easily overlooked on this tool is the 1/4" box wrench. At first it doesn't sound that useful and only serves a very specific purpose; just for tightening a 1/4" nut or bolt, right? But then I realized that is the exact size of my socket adapter that I use with my impact driver. I tried it out, and it fits perfect. So in a pinch, this tool can be used as a socket wrench. You can also fit other attachments in there too, such as a magnetic bit driver. Also, this tool can be locked closed, which is nice.
I'm a heavy camper and survivalist, so one big selling point on this for me was the ferro rod with whistle. The attachment piece is plastic, and not even thick plastic. I would pay to have a steel option available, as well for knife sharpener attachment. When grinding away sharpening a Knife or blade a slightly bigger and sturdier handle would have been more helpful.
Lastly on my list is comparison of the blade and saw to that of it's other counter parts. I own a (Leatherman) MUT, EOD MUT, Wave, and just for an outside comparison SOG Power Assist. When put next to each other, the Leatherman Signal is an obvious thinner blade and cutting saw, just down cheap quality. If this tool was made for it's intended purposes, which would be advertised for Survival, Bushcraft, or SERE (Search Evade Resist [Rescue] and Escape) I would Not trust it to get the job done. Recommend leaving this one home and bringing one of the other quality Leathermans.
Former Marine: Lee W
*Still a loyal fan of leatherman
The carabiner pinches my hand when I use the knife for more than a few seconds of light cutting. The design of the tool requires you to use the awl, bit driver and can opener with the handle in an extended position. While not bad for the bit driver it is really awkward for the can opener and awl. Also, the plastic whistle/fire starter and the file are emergency use only and don't seem sturdy. The fire starter does work but it's small and difficult to use. The file/sharpener is almost useless but I'll admit it does fit the serrations on the blade. But there is another issue, why out serrations on a survival blade? And why not use a better steel? The file will likely abrade some users hands as well.
Finally, the price is too high. A Wave with many more tools and better ergonomics costs less. Add a cheap but high quality whistle and fire steel for an addition $10 and you have a much better tool.
Lots of potential here but this one is a miss.
UPDATE: I changed this from two to three stars after a couple of months use. The awl DOES work with the tool closed and the driver actually works well. I fixed the pinching with a small piece of rubber tubing but it shouldn't have been an issue from the factory. I've been using it as an EDC and it works well in that role. The knife is still an issue. Leatherman needs to lose the serrations and upgrade the steel. The Signal has grown on me but still needs improvement - especially the ability to carry more bits. The file has turned out to be useless and the whistle still seems cheap but has held up. I wish I could give it more stars but the product just isn't there yet.