Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 103 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 308 reviews
on March 7, 2012
This band originated around the year 2001, down in Jacksonville, Florida, the hometown of Southern Rock Greats, such as Lynyrd Skynyrd, .38 Special, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, and many others. On this CD they do a tribute song to Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Simple Man", which is a Skynyrd Classic. This band is similiar to another modern day Southern Rock band, 3 Doors Down, from Escatawpa, Mississippi. 3 Doors Down also recorded a Skynyrd Tribute Song, "That Smell", which is a Skynyrd Classic.

This Shinedown album/CD contains some great hard rocking music. Their music is more mainstream hard rock than Skynyrd's form of Southern Rock. I would say that Shinedown and the music on this album/CD is more like the contemporary rock you hear on contemporary rock radio stations, with bands like "Nickel Back", "3 Doors Down", "Evanescence", and etc. This is definitely some great hard rock music.

Currently Shinedown is touring with Evanescence, and I have purchased tickets for their show at the CenturyLink Center, in Bossier City, Louisiana, for May 1, 2012. I'm really looking forward to seeing this band perform live.
on June 23, 2017
It was a gift to my sister. I was introducing her to Shinedown. When she first heard them she just thought it was great music. So for her and her husbands birthday I bought them Shinedown different ones. She told me when going to work the music is great!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 1, 2015
I picked up this CD because I can listen to Simple Man ten times in a row and not get sick of it, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the rest of the CD and their music. It's music that you can feel, not just hear.
on September 17, 2017
Great album
on October 25, 2006
For starters I meant to give this 5 stars. The 4 man group from Jacksonville, FL, Shinedown, came correct with this album, this is about my 720th review and over 600 of them are rap album reviews but I do like some alternative music and this is one of the better albums I have heard. I'd have like to get the re-release of this with the remake of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man" but oh well. Back tho the album, with 12 songs it's not the longest but it delivers. It has a classic, 3 ok songs, and the other 8 are good or real good songs, no weak spots on the whole album. For fans of alternative music I'd say this is a must have.

#1 - 9
#8 - 8
#9 - 8
#10 - 7
#11 - 7.5
#12 - 10 (CLASSIC -- I love this song)

Check all my reviews
on July 3, 2007
A incredible CD. Its really refreshing to hear a new band actually produce something worthwhile to buy. "Leave a Whisper" demonstrates Shinedown's ability to mix up song styles and not deviate from a good niche. The bonus tracks are worth while to listen to as well.

My only complaint about this CD is that the "Enhanced CD" style often skips on my stereo in my Room. I'd wish they would have just delivered a straightforward, Audio only cd. This can be easily fixed though by just ripping the songs to your computer and then making a audio cd of just the songs.

That said, I highly recommend this CD and this band. Theres very few "filler" songs on here, and if you are half as happy as I am with this CD, then you'll be glad you forked over the 15 bucks or so for this album!
on October 8, 2016
This album is amazing! Even Better on vinyl.
on February 7, 2010
I choose this rating because the CD is good. What I like about the CD is that it is the first album by Shinedown, a hard rock band from Jacksonville, Florida, USA. What I dislike about the CD is that I wanted to hear more of it. I would recommend this CD to other people.
on March 6, 2013
Not much to say but this is a great disc with more Shinedown classics. This is a great disc and is a must have for any Shinedown or rock/southern rock fan.
on July 26, 2016
bought the album sounds great