Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Leaving Home: Short Pieces (Kindle Single)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on June 18, 2011
The only reason I even gave this one star was because the last story was semi-enjoyable. I thought the first story was absolutely ridiculous; a sad heart wrenching situation became totally inane. The second story was a letter that was nothing special. The final story was something that has been written dozens of times by many different authors. To me this was just a way for the author to make more money, and it was a total waste of mine.
on July 14, 2013
The book is narrated by the author herself, and though she is a gifted writer to a degree, this book missed the mark and is only made worse by her annoying squeaky clean voice. She narrates like she's telling a bedtime story to a 2-year-old. I listened to as many chapters as I could stand before I gave it away to a charity for the sight impaired.
on November 3, 2012
Disappointing. Too short. Perhaps it would have been better as a novel. Felt unfinished.liked her other notes better eg My Sisters Keeper. Wouldn't recommend it.
on March 3, 2011
All I can presume from these short pieces is that the author is contemplating another book and wants to know which way she should take it. I feel like I'm paying her advertising fees. The first story was really sad and then just ended abruptly; the second one seemed to be dusted off and submitted "as-is", which is basically what she did and could have been written by any mother with a heart for her child; and the third book had a terrific beginning, but it was like a first chapter and didn't actually end. So it's like the author is saying, "to be continued"... if of course it goes over well. I've been a fan of Picoult's work from the start but am starting to rethink future purchases. There's no time crunch here Jodi- well, not on our end... so we'll wait for good reading instead of this sloppy, mediocre reading :(
on March 25, 2011
It's very well written but I still cringe when I see this title on my list. It affected me in a visceral way and left me feeling depressed. Sorry.