Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 24, 2013
THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We moved into an upstairs apartment and our downstairs neighbors have 3 barking dogs. They let the dogs out in the front patio area at about 6 am. Every time someone walks by, a bird tweets or an ant crawls these dogs go into barking hysteria. We did everything to talk to management to even bordering up our bedroom window with sheet rock!!! Yes it got that bad! And nothing worked. Two pieces of sheet rock and we heard the dogs clear as day. We had lost all hope at this point and began waiting out our year sentence until we could move. I decided to look into a noise machine to see if something could minimize the sound at least until we moved. During my research I found a bunch of machines with sound descriptions such as 'Ocean', 'Nature', 'Waterfalls' etc. I knew these 'calming' sounds would never block out the three terrorists that lived beneath us. I knew when we had the AC it on it helped somewhat (but you still heard the dogs) but since it was cold the AC was of no use. I read the reviews on this little machine and I loved the fact that is had 'various FAN sounds' and volume control. So I said what the hey lets give it a try. Let me tell you, this machine was sent from the G-O-D himself. This machine blocked out every single solitary noise. My husband and I have slept like babies. It's the best thing ever. I was so shocked the first few mornings I thought the dogs weren't outside. I thought there is no way this machine has completely blocked out these dogs. But lo and behold, one morning I got up from a great night sleep and walked in the living room and the dogs were barking at there normal level and not a peep was heard in the bedroom. This is the best investment I've made in a long time. BTW I have been purchasing items on Amazon for years, this is my first review. I felt compelled to share my new found glory with others :-)
3434 comments| 1,525 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 4, 2015
 I call the Lectrofan my "Little Cone of silence." I already own another sound machine which I enjoy quite a bit, it's got really nice sounds that relax me and help me to get to sleep. I thought that it worked pretty well until I had a house guest that snored like a "Freight Train" and had a tendency to watch action adventure movies until late at night. I turned up the volume on my fancy sound machine but it didn't seem to make any difference. I did some research to find a machine that had better sound blocking characteristics and the Lectrofan was highly recommended. I'm happy to say that the Lectrofan has lived up to its reputation as an excellent sound blocking machine. I just turn up the volume until I don't hear the offending sounds anymore and the timer shuts off the machine when I am fast asleep. I'm a sound-sensitive light sleeper and this is the best noise blocker that I've ever used!
1818 comments| 673 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 31, 2013
Moved into brand spanking new office space that is so quiet you can hear every flatulence, chip crunch, carrot bite, soup slurp, (boorish) conversation, whisper or otherwise, every phone call (if I concentrate hard enough, both sides), keyboard click, mouse movement, tummy rumble, foot step (nicknamed a couple new clod hoppers), sniff, sneeze, coffee slurp, burp, soda can opening, staple punch, paper printed, knuckle cracking annoyance from every inch of the 4000 square foot expedient path to nightmarish hell ...

Then the LectroFan arrived.

Peace came.

Will to live returned.

Murderous thoughts dissipated.

Does exactly as is says on the tin.

You should buy it. You should buy two.

Countless co-workers owe you their lives.

Thanks!
5150+ comments| 1,962 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 5, 2015
With BOSE like sound quality, this is by far the best sound machine I've literally ever "heard" of.
The sound quality is crystal clear and unmatched. It truly does live up to its name as a "sound machine".
Seeing it was highly rated, I thought everyone was simply following suit. But this is the best sound machine.
Has 20 different sounds, 10 fans and 10 white noise. Watching a review online, it only seemed like 8 total.
But this has a variety of sounds, especially the fan selection. Fans range from industrial, ventilation, house, air purifier, oscillating and a few others I can't pin point.
The white noise simply starts at a low frequency, then goes higher through each selection. I think the highest can block out annoying birds with high pitched sounds, or even noisy household members.
There is no fan inside and the entire unit is closed. All sounds are fully electronic without anyone ever noticing a loop or the sound is repetitious.
Compared to a video review I watched about a sound machine that uses a fan, this has more variety.
Even the volume is louder than other sound machines, and without an actual fan, it uses less electricity.
The only CON I have about this unit, is if our house power goes out from an electrical storm, when this powers back up it automatically comes on.
When entering the house, I sometimes hear the machine on. It tells me the power went out. But also makes me think I left the fan on.

Update 09112015: Excellent customer support. Was explained how to keep machine off. In that case, the automatic power on feature is great for those who never want the machine to turn off with lost of power.
44 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 28, 2014
I have had a very difficult time finding a white noise machine/sound generator that doesn't loop its sounds. I can pick up auditory patterns very easily and as soon as I find one I can't help but hear it which is very distracting. All the previous devices I've tried all had obvious audio loops that they used. Lectrofan is the first one which truly has absolutely no sound loop to it. I've even tried to consciously find an audio loop but there just isn't one.

Another issue I ran into when looking for a white noise machine/sound generator is that it seems many of them play sounds which are rather high pitched in nature and are somewhat annoying when listened to for an extended period of time. With all the sounds to pick from on the Lectrofan I was able to find one that is lower pitched, more of a "brown" noise, which is perfect for me.

Overall, before this purchase, I can't remember the last time I bought a product for a specific purpose where I was happy with how it well it worked right out of the box with no need to make an inordinate amount of adjustments to it.
review image
99 comments| 551 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 9, 2016
 I've been using the LectroFan for a couple of months now and I love it. I need the noise of a fan or I can't sleep at all. I hear every little sound and get zero sleep. I used to use an actual fan, and always had to find one that was loud enough to block out noises from outside and within the house. I liked my last fan, it was nice and loud, but as it got older it started to rattle and vibrate which does the opposite of helping me sleep! It was also bulky and impossible to travel with. I need to have just a smooth but loud fan sound and that's exactly what this LectroFan gives me.

I figured a bonus to switching to an electronic sound machine would be that it would be much easier to travel with. I was correct, as this fan packs easily in a suitcase. I had tried some phone apps first, but they all had bad sound quality and breaks in the sound loop were very distracting. I did my research on table top sound machines and listened to as many videos as I could find online and decided on the LectroFan. I knew I didn't want a machine with sound loops, and from what I read this one would not have that. Again, correct. I cannot detect any sound looping or breaks.

This little machine is like magic. You have 10 fan sounds and 10 white noise sounds. I prefer the fan sounds, and there are so many to choose from that you will definitely find one that you like. Given that the speaker covers the top of the unit and points up the sound is somehow magically spread out over the room and is much more realistic than a tiny little phone speaker or front facing electronic speaker.

The biggest feature for me is the volume I can achieve with this machine. If I can't get my fan sound loud enough it won't help me sleep, so my #1 priority is that it can get loud enough. This machine CAN get loud enough. My daughter has the more "popular" Marpac, which I was tempted to get, but when she said "I just wish it was a little bit louder" I knew that was not going to be my choice. I'm thrilled with the LectroFan volume. It can get so loud that I don't even need to put it on full volume!

I love all the fan choices you get with LectroFan. I'm not one to use birds, or the ocean, or rain, or any sounds like that, so this unit is perfect for me. I've added a video for you to hear the volume and sounds. I'm not sure it captures just how loud this machine gets since I don't have another one to compare it to. But trust me, it works!! I am totally happy with my choice and recommend the LectroFan highly if you like fan or white noise sounds and want them good and loud!
review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 7, 2017
This this small. Much smaller than it appears in images, so check the videos to see for yourself. That can be both a positive and a negative. Sure, it takes up very little space on a nightstand, but it also means a smaller speaker and more tinny sound. That being said, for its size, the sound isn't better than expected. I just wish they had gone a little bigger so they could have had a little better speaker to be able to produce more realistic sounds. Maybe it just takes some getting used to but it really doesn't compare to an actual fan. There is no "hum" to it. It DOES give you a lot of different choices both both the fan sound and the white noise. (I found the white noise sounds to be more annoying than useful.) So again, this could be more a preference thing than an actual flaw, thus the 4 stars. I wish it was ordered a little better for the fans. The white noise goes from deepest to highest pitch. (Which was disappointing to find out since the lowest pitch was wayyy too high to begin with.) But the fans seem random. I've found that putting someone on top of the speaker, like a deck of cards or something, can make the sound a little deeper with less hiss. I doubt I will use it for sleeping, but I think it will be OK for daytime noise control.
on May 14, 2017
If you are searching for a solution to dampen background noise or cover a conversation then this is your next purchase. After going back to nights I needed a solution to cover the noise I make in the house during my evening haunts. I invested in this device and things could not be better. It provides enough coverage to make sure I am not keeping the household up when I roam around in the wee hours. The volume is plenty loud and so far this has not let me down.
on February 15, 2017
Works like a dream.... which is what you will be enjoying more of if you buy this! I almost think I'm hearing a nice fan when I have it turned on, but without the air blowing around on a cold night. The trick is, only use it when you're going to sleep- turn it on a bit before so you're used to it... if there are a lot of noises/bangs, then it's not going to magically keep you from hearing them all. What it WILL do is this: when you're asleep and the idiot next door insists on hitting his car-lock horn... beep once... beep twice.... BEEP three times... JUST to make absolutely sure that it's locked, at three in the morning- there's a very good chance you won't even remember he was out there. Once you're asleep, this little gizmo kind of "smooths" over that moment when you would stir awake from a noise, and you just don't come all the way out of your slumber. Cool...
on July 10, 2016
The LectroFan is an excellent product to help sleep or just drown out unwanted noise. I have been using sound generator apps on my phone whenever I travel to help get to sleep. The problem is that most end up just looping the same sound. As the loop has a pattern to it I find myself anticipating the beginning/end each time. The LectroFan is truly non-repeating and has helped my sleep while traveling and even at home. It is a great product and one I definitely recommend for anyone looking to get better sleep. It has 10 fan settings and 10 white noise settings to choose from and all are non-repeating. I use the fan noises more than the white noise but both work great and offer a lot of variety depending on what you need.

The LectroFan measures 3.9 x 2.8 x 1.2 inches which is small enough to fit in your carry on bag and the box it comes in is a handy way to transport it if you didn’t want to purchase the travel case. The box is obviously a bit bigger (6.5 x 8.5 x 2.5 inches) than the travel case so if space is a concern then the case may be your best bet.

Update: 7/18/2016
I just purchased a second LectroFan for my son who always has a fan going through the winter because after a summer with the A/C going it's too quiet in his room. This is a best option instead of having a real fan running to generate comforting background noises. I still love the one I bought in March and have used it every night including vacations/travel to get a great night sleep.