- Series: The Cambridge Edition of the Works of Immanuel Kant
- Paperback: 696 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (October 1, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521000769
- ISBN-13: 978-0521000765
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.4 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,501,645 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Lectures on Metaphysics (The Cambridge Edition of the Works of Immanuel Kant)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
."..the selection of the texts from the known lecture notes is good. The translators are also to be commended for their excellent work in editing. Indeed, they present the manuscript of this lecture for the very first time correctly. So this volume will be an indispensible tool for everyone working with Kant's Lectures on a scholarly level." Heiner F. Klemme, Int'l Philosophical Qtrly
"One cannot read through these lecture notes without being struck by the fact that they provide extraordinary insight into the core of Kant's philosophy. That this volume represents the first ever translation into English of the notes from Kant's lectures on Metaphysics, together with the many aids to schlorashp provided, is sufficient in itself to recommend it, but the potential contribution it contains in terms of interpretating Kant's published works makes it absolutely essential. The translators and series editors have here provided an invaluable aid to the advance of English-speaking Kant scholarship." John Goodreau, Review
Text: English (translation)
Original Language: German --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
* The publishers at Cambridge have finally answered our prayers with a paperback version of this tour-de-force. At only 38 Samolians this could well be the new chart busting "Mover and Shaker" in Amazon.com's Kantian line-up. Find out why cognitive giants are praising this translation as "brilliant," "definitive" and "bodacious!"
Neitzche was a fool! Kant lives on!