Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc

Led Zeppelin III Reissue

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 28, 2014, 5:42:51 PM PDT
"Hey, Hey What Can I Do" this song should clearly be included in this remastered bonus edition!!! If not, where will it end up? On something else we "need" to buy? I'm glad that Jimmy hasn't done remaster after remaster... with bonus tracks, etc... a la Elvis Costello... for about 20years!!! But "Hey, Hey What Can I Do" belongs on this edition! Or there will be something else we need to buy if we want that song!!! Not OK

Posted on May 15, 2014, 11:00:55 AM PDT
It will probably be on Coda like it was last time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2014, 9:44:24 PM PDT
James Zinn says:
As per on another discussion thread I say, WHO WANTS TO BUY CODA AGAIN? It only has a handful of songs worth owning, anyway.

Luckily back in the 1980s I bought an import Japanese 45 single of the Immigrant Song/HHWCID on high quality vinyl and it sounds wonderful.
Sounds better than the vast majority of 45 singles I ever bought.

Posted on May 23, 2014, 10:02:03 AM PDT
Walter Five says:
I will want to buy "Coda" again... when Jimmy tacks a disc of extras and outtakes on it, like he has with these! I *do* hope there are some "new" cuts, I already have two versions of the Paris 1969 show, 1 the Radio Rebroadcast with the voice-overs, 2 the same show but with a complete tape and no voice-overs, but I'll be a sport and buy it, at *this* price, how can I not?

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2014, 4:53:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2014, 9:56:58 PM PDT
James Zinn says:
I'm OK with just listening to Coda on my pristine vinyl, when I want to hear it. Luckily that one didn't get played very often so still in great shape. Wore out other vinyl LPs of them, though. I think it's a disservice to the fans to not have added those Coda tracks back on to the original LPs on the 1st CD of each release and at least not make us have to buy Coda again.

The bonus tracks on the Deluxe Editions should be more exclusive and fewer because after hearing an advance play of the Whole Lotta Love bonus track on II, my expectations are lowered. Without the guitar solos all we get is our own air guitar. No thanks.

The 4 bonus tracks from side 2 of Coda would do just great tacked onto the end of "In Through The Out Door". Some of them I like better than a couple on the actual original LP, making it a stronger LP & value. The tracks on side 1 could easily been thrown onto the end of 2-3 other LPs.

That said, an unreleased live show for each Deluxe Edition as per the I CD, serves the fans best.

Nolo Coda

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2014, 7:05:24 AM PDT
Movie buff says:
Immigrant Song / Hey Hey What Can I Do

To tide you over until then.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 28, 2014
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Led Zeppelin III (Deluxe CD Edition)
Led Zeppelin III (Deluxe CD Edition) by Led Zeppelin (Audio CD - 2014)
4.7 out of 5 stars (397)