- Hardcover: 64 pages
- Publisher: Fraenkel Gallery/Hasselblad Foundation (October 15, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1933045329
- ISBN-13: 978-1933045320
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 9.8 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,705,890 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Lee Friedlander: Apples & Olives Hardcover – October 15, 2005
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I'll put the landscapes of Friedlander's "Cherry Blossom Time in Japan" and "Flowers and Trees" up against any landscape pictures ever, for their sweep, their grace, their wholeness.
These pictures are not the same; there is less clarity here, less direction, more crowding, as trees and leaves and branches fill the frame.
Maybe it's switching to a square format camera; maybe it's the subject matter. Whatever, there isn't much peaceful here.
What there is, is the suggestion of a world of infinitely many details, one that you can only get a glimpse of.
This is a more private, more wintery Friedlander. The pictures are richly rewarding, but best viewed after you've seen his earlier works.