Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 21, 2011
These are the way I remember them! Classic Lee's!! These fit like they were sculpted just to fit me, and oh they feel great! Finding jeans that fit or feel like these is an extreme rarity, especially for those of us that aren't still twenty years old with that perfect waist anymore. It seems like all there is in the stores anymore are those mid and low-rise jeans, which again, is great if you're a young girl still shaped like barbie. I was so happy to find these again after so long!!
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2012
-----YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET.

I live in a year round coastal temperate climate and these lightweight jeans are just perfect for me. If I lived where the winters were very cold outdoors, they would not be.

I have ordered Lee jeans from three stores in the past 4 weeks and have had to send many back for exchanges, which work sometimes. I noticed on the inside label that one pair of 12s ( M ) were way too tight and too short ( 30 inches ) and another size 12 M, from another company fit snugly but were the right length ( 32 inches. ) The inside label on these jeans from these stores said they were made in Egypt. I will save this pair for my skinny days. Love all the colors these jeans come in and that is why I keep trying to buy some that will fit right, for when they do, they are good looking. ( In these stores, these jeans are known as the one I am writing about. Amazon puts the name Marilyn in. The other stores don't. Kind of like buying a mattress.) Stores sell the same ones, but put their own private name on them. That way you can't do a search and find that same mattress, anywhere but the store selling it.

The Lee jeans I have ordered from AMAZON, have been made in Mexico and have been the best fit so far. Just know that they run WAY long, for athletic shoes, and even for my 5'7" frame with very long legs. I usually wear a 12 to a 14 LONG in pants. These pants do run small so if you are between sizes, the smaller size might be the best choice because they would give, as they have the stretch factor. I do like a 32 inch length ( tennis shoes ) and the size 12s ( M ) I have ordered from Amazon have been the perfect length, for me,( 32 inches long ) but I am thinking that not even Amazon knows from what country their order renewal jeans will hail, and maybe that is why there is no length description that accompanies the sizing information.

The size 14 LONG that I first ordered were way, way, too long at 34 inches.

When they are worn, they do stretch some and don't rebound enough to keep a tight look but they are very, very, comfortable and soft and nice for sitting around in. They ARE slimming. If you have really long legs and want to wear these jeans with boots or high heals, the longs might fit fine, for they are very, very, long at 34 inches.

I have not noticed any odor, or lint collecting, as I have read in other reviews here. Make sure to follow laundering instructions, turning them inside out and using cold water, otherwise they will fade. These jeans do NOT shrink and they are cotton, polyester and 1% Spandex, as the label says.

If I could count on each pair being the correct size, for me, I would order them in every color and give them a 4 star rating. That is how much I like them, but alas, a good fit, is likely going to be an experiment in futility, as of this post. If you think you have found the perfect size for you and you order another pair in the same size, don't automatically expect it to fit the same, in that size. There is just no consistency, from one pair to another. You never know what you are going to get....just as in a box of chocolates. :)
on June 22, 2012
I'm back to order my second pair of these wonderful jeans. I'm short waisted w/long legs and have trouble finding a pair that doesn't cut me in the middle of my waist and give me a muffin top. They do not fit or look at all like 'mom' jeans. I am 5'8" and the longer length was enough to wear with a 1"+ heel. Even with flats, they look good. I also like that the back pockets are plain without embellishments.
Although it says that these jeans are straight leg, there is some flare to them~ nice!

My first pair was the Onyx color, more of a dark navy/black tone. I'm back to order the Spy color. These do fit true to size. I'm very happy that I found these jeans here. I have tried other 'at the waist' jeans where the rise was still too short.
I found the fabric to be a medium weight, and not cheaply made. I've washed them once so far in cold water and dried them in a normal dryer setting and they did not shrink.
22 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2013
I'm traditionally a Levis classic fit, high-waist jeans lover. Lost weight. Needed new jeans. I tried the size 10 which really IS the size that I wear. They fit for about ten minutes and then stretched to the point of being just about too big. I'll keep them for when I need to wear an under layer in the cold weather. Then I ordered the size eight and they fit perfectly -- all day!

The good thing about this jean design is that as jeans go, they're a thinner material and therefore a lighter weight than what I'm accustomed to as a classic Levis wearer. That's nice. That makes them very comfortable.

But the light weight also allows the high waist to sort of roooollllll over on it's self as the day wears on. It doesn't push below my waist like one might imagine it would do on someone with a very large waist, but it curls up. Maybe it's me and my body type (could be), but to keep the waist band from rolling over, I have to wear a belt.

If you don't like belts, then ... but the price is good, the jeans are otherwise very comfortable. So I'd buy them again. Just need to get some more belts!
on January 6, 2013
I know the topic of how jeans fit and look can be very subjective. I like them to be very comfortable-- not skin-tight, with a little bit of "give" for bending, long enough to cover my ankles, and I want them to sit at the waist. And to be reasonably priced. I'm not concerned about high fashion and I don't want to pay a small fortune. Well, these jeans check every box on that list! I love them! I bought them in the color "spy" which is a dark rinse and is fading slightly after several washes to a nice "broken-in" darker denim. They are soft and a medium weight, length of "medium" is just right for me at 5'5" after a slight amount of shrinkage from several washes and machine-dryings. True to size. I will most definitely be buying these from here on out!
on September 20, 2012
The product description says these are 98% cotton, but they're not. At least not the ones I received -- they're only 74% cotton with 25% polyester and 1% spandex. All that polyester has its pros and cons. On one hand, the jeans don't stretch out as much as most when you wear them. The downside is that they aren't as soft as most jeans, they don't breathe enough wear comfortably in warmish weather, and for some reason, dirt shows up on them more and doesn't rub off with a damp cloth. I have a toddler and a baby, so I often have grimy hands on my clothes and in these jeans I really look a mess by the end of the day.
Nonetheless, I appreciate the high waist that holds in my now-mushy mommy belly, they fit me well and are flattering. I like these jeans better than American Apparel's Easy Jean or Levi's Perfectly Slimming jeans. Still searching for the perfect high-waist jean, though. Open to suggestions...
on September 26, 2012
I got these jeans in onyx, and it's a very dark indigo that could almost pass for black. I haven't washed them yet, so I don't know if it fades badly or not, but I'll be careful to wash it with only other dark clothes. The waist is very high, coming up even higher than my natural waist line. That means no muffin top, and since I usually wear T-shirts or untucked shirts, it doesn't really matter to me, but it definitely is NOT a contemporary look. The other thing to know is that, while these legs ARE straight, they are NOT slender-fitting but instead are pretty roomy. Again, not contemporary but very comfortable, and the price is great. The fit and length are perfect for me, and they look nice on, looking almost more like trousers than regular jeans. If you work in a place where everyone is not terribly dressed up, you could even wear them to work.

Considering both the pros and the cons of these jeans, I'd still recommend them for the fit, the comfort, and the price. Just know that no teenager would be caught dead in them. They'd definitely consider them Mom Jeans.
on December 11, 2012
I was SO excited to finally find a pair of jeans that sit AT THE WAIST and not "just below the waist". But could not find them here locally. I have 3 other pair of Lee Riders jeans and all are in a size 12 but too short in the rise and I wanted new ones to sit AT the waist, but these pairs at least fit perfectly in a size 12.

Well this new pair was also a size 12 but I was not able to even zip it up! The sizing was so off that there was a 3 inch gap between the two zipper sides. I would have needed a size 16 to be able to zip these up. They were VERY small and the fabric was the same as the others but extremely stiff and itchy. I am so unhappy and will be returning them to Amazon. I found some terrific at the waist jeans by Gloria Vanderbilt at Costco for half the price and they fit like a charm.

If you buy these go at least one of not two sizes up from your normal size! and hopefully they'll soften up in the wash. I would not recommend them. Lee really blew it on the sizing of this classic jean!
on February 27, 2013
I returned my first two pair as they were too small. I repurchased in larger size because I felt needing a bigger size was the only problem. I have bought so many jeans over the years that I can tell you, I am very fussy, and I know
what works and what doesn't for me. I found the material to be rather scratchy. There was a gap at the back of the waist, which apparently was the price I'd have to pay for them to fit around my hips. This is such a common problem. After a few hours of wear, they felt like they were beginning to fall down; however, it is worth noting there was no bagging out of the knees or rear, just this uncomfortable feeling of them sliding down, which was very odd as they are described as sitting at the waist. Also, these have some polyester in them, which I feel is a good thing for shape retention, but maybe that had something to do with the sliding. I think these jeans would have worked better for me if I was not overweight. Also, I felt the petite length was perfect for me at 5'2. As I said, I pretty much know what works for me, and that would be "pajama jeans." I was hoping for some "real" jeans to fit well and be comfortable. The search continues, or maybe I will stick with the pajama jeans. There are so many choices of Lee Jeans offered on Amazon, maybe there is one for me, but it would take luck to find it.
on November 27, 2015
Finally found the perfect size 6 fit! I'm 124 pounds and 5 feet 6 inches with a high waist, and do not have thin legs These jeans really do come up to the waistline and despite another seller on Amazon saying the Lee jeans I last ordered were "straight leg" they were not and did not come up to the waist. Therefore, if you want the natural fit of up to the waist jeans and want to look a bit slimmer--these jeans are perfect! I'm very very pleased with the wonderful fit of these jeans.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question