Truck Season Automotive HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Left 4 Dead - Game of the Year Edition -Xbox 360
Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Game of the Year|Change

on April 1, 2014
This Product Arrived Quickly & Undamaged.

To Understand Our Experience:
My wife and I love to play a good co-op (to players on the same couch) game. We have enjoyed each Halo game, Rayman (Origins and Legends), and many other 2 player split-screens games. Don't get us wrong, we do play some single player games, but we agree it is much better to play co-ops than watch the other person play all night. As such, since we are both zombie fans, this game peaked our interest. In general, we love it. There are only a few things we do not like, but the pros ultimately outweigh the cons.

Pros:
1) This is a True Co-Op Slit Screen Experience. You can do a single campaign too, but split screen co-op is where this game shines (no our case anyway). In terms of the split screen, it offers the Screen to be split horizontal or vertical. We prefer horizontal since you have a larger viewing area of the surrounding, but it might block some of the creatures hiding higher in the buildings (not a big deal).
2) It offers campaigns that don't take forever. Each campaign, 4 total, takes about 2hrs to complete. You can come home from work, sit down and blow away a horde of zombies for about 2 hours and still have a night to enjoy afterward. Too often have we been sucked into a game (not necessarily a bad thing mind you) and before we know it, it is already in the early A.M.s. Not the best for work the next day. This game hits the sweet spot so you don't become a part of the couch.
3) These zombies are not slow. It is nice to play a game where not only are there a ton of zombies to take on, but they rush at you with vengeance. These include your typical zombies along with others like the witch, tank, hunter, boomer, etc.
4) You can replay a campaign and start at different points in that level. For example, since the game is based off of the fact that you are supposedly playing a movie in action, each level is composed of chapters. Each chapter is based on strongholds you have to get too. The strongholds are savable checkpoints throughout the game so you don't have to start from the vary beginning if you die. That being said, not every part of each level is as exciting or as fun as the other parts. By being able to pick where you want to begin the level, that gives you the ability to relive your favorite parts of the game while skipping the slower parts. We must admit, my wife and I find ourselves continuously playing the final chapters of each level since that is where all heck breaks out. Hordes and Hordes of zombies and a made dash to the exit.
5) You can kill zombies with a variety of weapons (guns, melee, etc). This make the game more fun.
6) You can heal yourself and your partners, and they can do the same for you. One nice feature about this game is along the way you can pick up health packets and heal yourself. You can also us them to heal your partners, and they can do the same for you. Another nice feature is the computer characters ironically heal you more than your would expect, which is very helpful at times.

Cons:
1) Sometimes the graphics are inconsistent where zombies in the distance might strobe from one position to another until you get close. That is not so bad, expect when you have a tank charge you and one minute you see them in the distance and the next second they are behind you pounding you into the ground.
2) You are entirely at the mercy of the other players (computer and/or co-op). If a smoker grabs you, you have to wait and watch your life fade until someone finally saves you. You just wish they gave you a knife to cut its tongue as its dragging you away. If a Hunter tackles you, you have to wait again until someone saves you. Same with the Tank, witch, and even boomer to a lessor degree. However, it does allow for true teamwork, but has proved annoying when you are playing single (not co-op) since the computer characters might take forever to save you.
3) The worst thing about this game is when you are in a small dark area and you only have a smaller circular area of light from your weapons light. I can understand why it is like that since it would be the case in real life, but transferring onto a big screen can make multiple movements confusing and nauseating, especially if a teammate messes with you an shuts the closet or room door that you are stuck in. On the bright side, this is not a constant issue in the game.
4) One of the final major issues is that there are only 4 levels to play. Being that each level only takes 2 hrs or less, this makes for a very short game. It would have been nice to have more levels to experience. However, for the price and chapter selection feature, it is fine.

Conclusion:
Overall, this is a great co-op game with very little cons. We can't really rate it for a single player since we do not play it like that. It is truly worthy of a 4 star rating.

P.S. Left 4 Dead 2 is very similar, it has 5 levels, better graphics, and is much more difficult. However, it still has all the same pros and cons.
4 people found this helpful
on December 16, 2017
This is one of my favorite games ever. It came out almost 10 years ago and it's still enjoyable. I wish Valve would make a third one.
4 people found this helpful
on April 23, 2014
I bought this game for my brother-in-law for Christmas. He got an xbox360 for his birthday two years ago and hadn't bought many games for it. He doesn't like to spend money on stuff he might not like. I on the other hand have spent quite a bit of money on games for my PS2, PS3, XBOX360, and PC.

So I knew he liked Black Ops 1 and 2 for the zombies so I knew this game would be something he liked. Sure enough, he loves it. I've played it before and it really is an amusing games. There's tons of different options as far as game play and this is a game has computers that actually help you when they're needed with amazing accuracy. It's almost harder to play in multiplayer with friends, even when they're great at video games. The many different types of zombies keep things interesting and the different areas you play through. The game also has different guns and bombing devices. You have to fight through hordes that can come from setting off alarms and even bumping into random cars that will go off and attracted the horde.

Over all, the game play is fun and can be changed up, the graphics are pretty amazing for when this game came out and I can say and not stress enough, that this game is worth your money!

Play on!
on August 6, 2016
Game of the year edition never seems to let you put it down and get some rest. The excitement and challenge builds on each play. No one game is the same as the attack strategy is very random. Spooky feel as with the Resident Evil and F.E.A.R. games. Weapon selections are as if what would be available to the average person during an apocalypse. Elements from various zombie culture characteristics makes it fun.
on September 28, 2017
Love this game got it cause someone took or borrowed n lost the game! Loved it so much needed to get another copy!
on March 24, 2018
One of the best FPS co-op shooters next to Killing Floor and CoD zombies. Can't go wrong with this one, although I suggest getting Left 4 Dead 2 over this one since it has all of the first's maps and more content.
on December 27, 2017
It was great to go back and play a game from my gaming past. Still holds up today as it would from the past. Only caveat is that it will require you to have a internet connection to get it going at first.
on March 19, 2014
I don't know if I really need to review this but I will anyway. Left 4 Dead is an incredible FPS game. It is scary, challenging, and has huge replay value through the different co-op modes and the way the campaigns can vary in terms of which zombies spawn and when. It's not an adventure game, it is a horror FPS and like others have said, it isn't story driven. I'm okay with that, there are plenty of survival-horror games out there that fill that role. I enjoy it so much that when I lost my copy in a move, I repurchased it even though I'd played the game through dozens and dozens of times.
on July 13, 2011
Left 4 Dead has got to be the most fun zombie game I have ever played. I play with a friend online and we just have hours of fun! I don't remember laughing as much as I do playing this game. The game is better playing with actual people, since the AI can be stupid at times. But there are less zombies if you play the single player part.

There are many types of guns to use. My friend uses an automatic weapon while I use a shotgun.

The zombies come in all shapes and sizes. Some are really easy to kill and others are difficult. Sometimes zombies can sneak up behind you without you knowing. Zombies can come in drips and drags or as a horde. There are certain areas in the game where you can accidentally cause a horde to come and places where you have to cause hordes to come to continue. Hordes can be easily dealt with if you use a pipe bomb, which attracts the zombies. The end part of a level is where hordes of zombies of all types come until the rescue vehicle arrives.

A great game to add to your collection if you love FPS and want something different.
on February 2, 2018
Excellent time consuming fun. Shooting Zombies. Don't get hung up on killing because you can't kill something that is already dead.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.