Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,671 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,154 reviews
on October 18, 2014
This kindle book is called "The Left Behind Collection", but it isn't a collection of 12 separate e-books. It is one very long book file that includes all 12 titles of the series from Left Behind through Glorious Appearing. (It does not include Kingdom Come, which is considered a "sequel".)

To be clear, if you buy this you are getting one huge book file that contains all 12 titles, not 12 individual book files.

So, it may seem rather odd that the Kindle progress bar will say something like 18% after you finish the whole first book. And, you can't chuck the prior books off your Kindle (or loan them out) as you move on, since it is all one file.

Each title and every chapter in each title are marked and "go to"-able.

There aren't any extras like whispersync for voice or xray.

It says the title is lendable, but it can't be broken into parts, so whoever you lend it to will have to read all 12 books in 14 days.

Still, if you've never read the books, or just want to read them again, this is an excellent value.
33 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2014
Really enjoying the read. I am impressed at how the author has woven 'real' life into a biblical teaching. Easy to follow along the paths of the characters and the biblical references also.
on March 26, 2016
This is actually my third time reading this series, my first time reading it on my Kindle Fire. The set includes all but the last book in the series and is a great deal as far as price, as opposed to buying each book separately.

This book is a must read for anyone. It give a glimpse of a possible scenario of where our world is headed.

The series is wonderfully written and very difficult to put down. You will quickly relate to the characters in the story as they are very real.

Regardless of if you are a believer or not, this series will certainly make you think.

The Left Behind Collection
on October 17, 2014
These books by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins are the easiest and most understandable treatments of End Time Prophecy that there are today. I believe that every born again Christian, and all others as well, can get a tremendous amount of aid by reading them.
on June 9, 2009
This is genre fiction at its most generic. Serious readers will have serious problems with this book. It started out interesting--describing the unexplained disappearance of people from all over the earth and the havoc which resulted. Unfortunately, the book very early devolves into the story of several characters and their attitudes, and completely departs from the description of global implications of such an event.

Very interesting, relevant, and unanswered questions: How many people disappeared? What effect did the disappearances have on primarily non-Christian countries? How did the infrastructure begin to right itself? (This apparently happens in a matter of days in the book, but it is never addressed at all.) Why were the media apparently unaffected? (Or were the authors just making a rather nasty point about the religious beliefs of CNN and other media outlets...?)

There is no suspense and no subtlety in the story. You know who the bad guys and good guys are without having to guess. Hattie (Hattie?) the flight attendant is treated very cavalierly as an unpleasant stereotype. Read: dumb, superficial.

There is no sense of the real world as a backdrop for what is happening to the characters. They go about their business as if everything is functioning the same way it was before the disappearances. The only thing that's different is the meteoric rise of the Antichrist--going from President of Romania to UN Secretary-general in a matter of a few days, and effecting sweeping global changes along the way. Huh? Are you kidding me? The events in the meeting prior to the press conference announcing his appointment as Secretary-General and his subsequent behavior require much too much suspension of disbelief. He shouldn't have needed drastic tactics to achieve his ends; a real Antichrist-type figurehead would be able to get what he wanted by much more subtle means. And never in a million years would he have been universally accepted so readily by those outside his circle of power.

I guess this is an attempt to overlay the prophecies in Revelation onto the modern world, but it is not an effective description of the beginning of the End Times, as far as I can tell. It's only a story saying you'd better get your act together before it's too late--and there are many of those kinds of stories, most better told. I for one would like to read a really good novel about the End Times and would welcome recommendations.
on October 1, 2016
Very well done. I tried not to read these books when my husband told me I really had to that they were so good and would explain the End Times of the Bible. But I thought I had the Bible itself. I didn't need these books. Well yes, I did. Even though I had read Revelations and the whole Bible and was rereading and studying, this book was a blessing, and I intend to read them all. Christians need to know where we came from, how Jesus came to earth and how he will return. Our job is to encourage one another in our walk with the Lord and to lead others to the truth. These books help us grow in the knowledge of what is coming. Great book.
on July 19, 2017
I liked that I got to read a fictional novel about Christianity. The conversions to Christianity in the book were very encouraging for me to read! However, the actual writing skill was not as good as I was hoping and I found some of the dialogue to be a bit cliche. I would say this is a great book for spiritual encouragement to trust Jesus at all times but not so much for great writing. God bless!
on May 25, 2016
This was an amazing series! So many times I've wondered what the end times would be like and although I've read Revelations and other prophecies from the Bible, to have it narrated in such a way as to make me feel like I was living it as I read... incredible. I have to say, the Glorious Appearing (last book) was truly anointed by God. Just reading it and imagining that Jesus was speaking directly to me as he was to the characters in the book...you can put yourself there in your mind and experience what the characters heard/saw. There will always be skeptics and people who will read this and believe it's just a fictional story,but I have no doubt these scenarios will come to pass. I pray that people who read these novels are convicted in their hearts and spirits and will come closer to the Lord because of it. Either way, the stories were riveting. There were times when I sort of skimmed a couple of paragraphs because they were a little too wordy for me, but overall, AWESOME! Plus, realize these books were written in the late 90s/early 2000s - any of the scenarios look/sound familiar like they're happening today...? Food for thought.
on February 20, 2015
I have a range of opinions on this book. I can say that the first book was definitely better than I thought it would be. The issue with this series is that what the author is trying to accomplish is actually rather difficult. A negative thing I found is that one of the main characters was just annoying (Rayford). The kind of guy who takes himself way too seriously. It would be easy to be overly negative about this series but one must recognize all the author did right. He developed his characters rather well, and he developed suspenseful moments well. Also, he was never afraid of killing off characters so the books are not that predictable. Was there room for improvement? Yeah. Obviously, but like I said I feel the author did a fairly decent job.
on September 2, 2017
A vibrant view of what is coming to us all ... it's hard knowing the agony of the tribulation not to be afraid, but those who seek will find their faith. And those who find their faith, will find the glory of God and the heart of Christ. Thank you for this portrayal of the Book of Revelations. It's quite vivid and realistic, and so I pray we each find the truth of the gospel and refuge in our Lord and Saviour, our Redeemer Jesus the Christ.