Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$4.98+ $4.08 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on May 8, 2017
A friend played this CD for me while on a road trip, and I had to have one of my own. It is very nice to listen to - I love her voice.
on March 31, 2017
Love it!
on May 26, 2002
Full disclosure: I love Amy Grant. I've bought all her albums, seen her in concert, and even met her once. She is a gifted songwriter, a tremendous vocal stylist, and an irresistible if enigmatic personality. Okay, okay - and she's a babe.
That said, I was both deeply touched and a little underwhelmed by this project.
There are a handful of original songs (something not really announced by the advertising) and one, "What You Already Own," is absolutely riveting. As with most Amy-penned songs, the lyrics are simple but deeply resonant with universal experiences. It addresses a quiet insecurity among Christians: If Christ leaves the ninety-nine "found" to find one who's lost, is He still keeping a protective eye on the found?
The DVD (and if you haven't seen it, watch it NOW) is easily one of the best ever released with an album. The behind-the-scenes video reveals the philosophy behind the album and the production/arrangement/writing of the individual songs. And the Lyrics function is indispensible. In fact, the audio album is ON the DVD via the Lyrics feature! It's a breeze to sing along with each track.
The underwhelming part? The individual arrangements break little new ground but do adequately convey the now-familiar Grantian bent toward bluegrass and Celtic influences.
All-in-all, Ame's back in the game.
on October 9, 2015
My first Legacy CD had a piece broken off when someone stowed it behind the seat in our truck.Since this is one of my favorite Amy Grant CDs, I immediately replaced it. This CD is beautiful in its simplicity and the closing track of Marching to Zion is one I often hit repeat; the bagpipes and the drums enhance the song and Amy is accompanied by a large circle of friends singing with her.
on September 13, 2012
I've been into hymns lately and couldn't find anything I really loved. I tried the "WOW" cd and it is just fair - don't like the interpretations of many of the hymns, but I realy love this Amy Grant collection. I have the other one, too, which I purchased a few years back. I didn't think I could find anything I enjoyed as much as that, but "Legacy" is definitely as good.

They are not "out there" renditions of traditional hymns - they are traditional hymns done the way they should be. I wish I could find more like this you.

It's been the only thing I've been listening to for a month now. Enjoy
on June 13, 2002
First, let me say I am not a Christian. The vast majority of Christian music makes me gag, it insults and overstates. That having been said, I am in love with this cd! That alone is testament to Amy's amazing gift for reaching her audience, while not hitting them over the head with a 2 X 4.
It doesn't matter to me what faith she is, I admire her dedication and devotion that comes across in every song. Nobody could sing these songs like she does were they not coming straight from the heart. I've always found Amy Grant to be so refreshingly HUMAN, so unprocessed, unlike someone like, say, Celine Dion (thank God).
Every song moves me, sounding immediate and fresh, not overly refined like so much music today. She is singing about love, and with such gentleness that it blows me out of the water. Within that gentleness is a very solid strength, which I've every reason to believe is her Christian faith. I respect, and admire, this love that she sings so beautifully.
I've a feeling she knows these songs will not go "top 10," irrelevant when the calling is higher than producing trash. Far from it, she has created gems.
In sum, whether you are Christian or not, this cd is a treasure to listen to time and time again. It delivers peace, peace and inspiration, even to me. Thanks, Amy, for singing the songs of your muse, and I hope you grace us with many, many more songs in the future. I never tire of how you give souls to the songs you sing.
on July 9, 2002
Get the version with the bonus DVD if you can (and have a DVD player). I won't go into the music reviews too much, except to say that Amy does a great job of "jazzing" some wonderful classic hymns, without being disrespectful or losing sight of what makes them so memorable and
I haven't seen many reviews that touch on the DVD, so here;s what you can expect: a 30 minute "Legacy...the story" video (with chapter stops and menu), brief (3-4 minute) clips with Vince Gill and Brown Bannister, a "press kit" (5 and a half minute promo), all the songs from the CD with the lyrics on the screen (more on that later), career notes of the contributors to the album, and some credits.
I haven't seen the entire video yet, but it looks good -- decent picture quality, and some nice variety (with "talking head" sequences with Amy, as well as working and recording session clips). It seems similar to the recent Biography special on Amy, but appears to focus entirely on this album.
The "lyrics" section is interesting -- pick a song, and you can listen to it (standard stereo, no Dolby 5.1 mix or anything like that) while the lyrics appear on the screen, and change from verse to verse. Frustratingly, you can only select one song at a time -- there doesn't appear to be an option to play the entire album. Once the song you chose is over, you're back at the menu, and your cursor returns to the first song (it doesn't remember where you were). Still, this is a nice feature, that lets you leave the CD one place (the car?) and the DVD elsewhere (home?).
The feature called "The Players" is similar to the career notes on movie discs, but has an interesting twist on them: instead of static pages you switch between, each is a short video clip with text (listing who they've played with and notable accomplishments), a picture of the artist, and the sound of the artist's instrument (presumably as played by the artist). Once again, as you finish a clip you're returned to the top entry on the menu, making this slightly annoying to navigate. It's a nice touch, though, if you're interested in the mostly-unknown artists that contribute to such projects -- or if you've ever wanted to compare the sounds of a bass, electric guitar, and acoustic guitar.
Most of what's here is straightforward and interesting, with good clean video and only a few navigation annoyances. Since the limited edition has the same CD *PLUS* this DVD at the same price (or cheaper, here on amazon) as the regular version, grab the limited edition if it's available. You'll enjoy the little extras, and the price is right!
on February 27, 2017
Its faith, I fall asleep at night listening to it. . . its mellow and serene. . . dvd gives a view of where she was in her life. . .
on January 31, 2016
This is the best Christian album Amy Grant has ever done. I recommend it to everyone. So many of the songs are familiar and upbeat. It's uplifting to sing along. Vince Gill makes a great contribution.
on July 20, 2013
This record plays as soon as I start my truck and ends when I stop and open the door. During that time Amy thrills me with her love of God, fellow humans, her husband, her children, her Mother and Dad. Softly and Tenderly will bring tears to your eyes, every time that you listen---closely! The arrangements are remarkable, Vince's guitar, as always, is outstanding.