|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $8.00 (73%)
Legacy Rewound (Toch Island Chronicles Book 3) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
"Guardians of the Galaxy" digital comics
Read the hit comics and graphic novels that inspired the new motion picture. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The blurb pretty much tells the premise - the combination of Melinda and Kalek's talent results in inadvertently sending her to the past and accidentally bringing someone back with her. Melinda and her friends have to find this person and set things right the damage to the timeline is irrevocable. The time-travel was interesting - one of those “she was always supposed to have been there” situations but then Melinda did things in the past for no reason other than she knew it was supposed to be that way in the future which frustrated me. I prefer when things happen in the past and that explains why things are in the future, not when they are deliberately done because that's how it's supposed to be someday...
I'm also a little confused about some of the core issues in the story – supposedly humans always had magic but forgot it, but then an elf seemed to be giving it to the humans and I wasn’t sure if he was the one responsible for humans having magic or just rediscovering it? But only some humans have it, right? He also seemed like he was supposed to be a Christ-like figure but I wasn’t sure why he was so special? And throughout the story there was an emphasis that we are all special, even as ordinary humans, but then at the end of the book I felt like that message was diluted by certain discoveries.
The romance was much better this time - still a little instalove but I finally got the pairing I'd been looking forward to. ;) And one of the questions I had from Seeking Unseen was addressed so that was a pleasant surprise. All in all, this was a nice wrap-up to the series.
I was given a copy of Legacy Rewound in exchange for an honest review.
• Heckenbach's world making skills are developing slowly; there are fewer huge inconsistencies.
• Time travel can be tricky, but this author does it better than most.
• There were so many characters and some were not very well fleshed out. At times this was confusing.
• Yes, adolescents are moody and hormonal. But the overplayed emotions become tedious after a point, especially when they are exhibited by older characters. Too much drama and use of superlatives! It dampens the impact of more emotional scenes.
• The plot still drags in spots. This was understandable in the first book, but not the third book.
In this third volume in the series we get to learn some of Toch island's history.
Melinda thinks she's finally getting swept away by Kalek's music. Turns out she was getting swept away through time.
I have a deep love of time travel stories, so I know how confusing they can get. Without spoiling the ending, I can promise you that this is one of the really well done ones.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel