Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 14, 2015
These CD's are so good, a lot of songs. I like a lot of these songs on these 4 discs.

Disc 1 These songs are really good. 31 tracks I really like the songs, Stood Up, My Bucket's Got A Hole In It, and especially Never Be Anyone Else But You. Even the 3 bonus on this disc is good too, even My Rifle, My Pony & Me with Dean Martin is good.

Disc 2 These songs are really good. 29 songs. I really love the songs. You Are My Sunshine, Traveling Man, Hello Mary Lou, and especially Fools Rush In. Even the 2 bonus songs which are 2 Christmas songs The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire) and Jingle Bells.

Disc 3 These songs are really good. 20 songs. I really love the songs. I like Louisiana Man, Night Train To Memphis, You Just Can't Quit, Suzanne On A Sunday Morning, Promenade In Green, Bye Bye Love (Live) with Don Everly, Thank You Lord, Love Minus Zero/No Limit, Garden Party, Palace Guard. I really love Garden Party. I like the chorus But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well, You see you can't please everyone, So you got to please yourself.

Disc 4 These songs are good. 20 songs. I like One Night Stand, Wings, One X One, Dream Lover, Almost Saturday Night, Believe What You Say, Call It What You Want, Doll Hospital. Give 'Em My Number, Do You Even Know What I Mean, True Love Ways.
on April 14, 2015
If U R a Rick Nelson fan....& don't have this......be sure & not do what I did....wait 15 years to purchase this fantastic 4 disc set. I have 4 separate RN "greatest hits" , but they pale in comparison to the box set. The new fidelity & clarity is stunning! And 3 or 4 songs in True Stereo! One of these is "It's Late"........wow .....in stereo it's absolutely fantastic. Don't miss it.
on June 27, 2013
I had high expectations for this boxed set - and it met every one and exceeded them. For the Ricky Nelson fan, a "must have" - beginning to end chronicling of his career. I liked the fact that it went through his career stages. There was some great detailed info on the recordings themselves. Ricky Nelson's career had some parallels to Bobby Darin's. A superstar performer who adjusted to the dramatic changes in the music industry in the Beatles era. I grew up watching Ricky do the first "music videos" as part of the Ozzie and Harriet Show - cheered his comeback with "Garden Party", and mourned his untimely death. In addition to this wonderful music, he leaves behind is very talented sons, and a joyous exercise of his prodigious talent. Outstanding set.
2 people found this helpful
on August 5, 2013
I would say that the packaging was well- chosen for this set, and was according to the booklet within the most complete set of Mr. Nelson's songs to the date it was produced. the songs included several of his biggest hit songs, on down to the not- so- popular and obscure ones. the booklet had many photos and details about the singer's life, untimely demise, some of his love interests and what- not. songs like 'I'm Walkin', a duet with Don Everly on 'Bye- Bye Love', Waitin' In School,' 'Poor Little Fool,' which wasn't one of Rick's favorites are some tunes included in the set. overall a nice addition to a collector's library in my opinion.
great set very happy.
on October 11, 2016
Nice CD to have, with lots of good songs to enjoy. Highly recommended.
on April 12, 2014
The song selection is very good and the booklet gives you some good reading.
Rick Nelson's music is so nice to listen to, be it from his early or later years. It is so varied, too. I wish I could have been to any of his concerts.
on November 19, 2014
Only fans of Ricky Nelson will appreciate this collection.
I always liked him so for me it was a slam dunk.
If there is anything missing from all the songs he recorded, I've yet to discover what that might be.
Consider the collection as being in (actually) two parts.
Oldies: these are the songs I grew up with as a teenager. Anyone in their 60's today would know any of these songs.
Country Progressive: There was a gap in Ricky Nelson's hit songs career. The only (more current) hit song that the charts identified was "Garden Party". But this was more then just a song. It was a change in the type of music he was working on. Very different from the "Malt Shop" singles of the 60's era. He produced a number of songs in this style. I could identify and enjoy some but not all of this new type.
Overall, I'm glad I have the collection. It preserves forever his legacy.
on June 25, 2015
Excellent CD Box Set
Thank you!
on February 2, 2014
Most of the songs that I was looking for are in this collection.
The presentation and his life and music story attached are really nice.
Who ever loves rock'n roll, country music and good rhythm will enjoy this collection