Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,037 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,535 reviews
on August 11, 2017
GORGEOUS cinematography. The attention to detail is stunning in this movie to the point where the forest sets (It was all filmed on a soundstage) are so filled with floating bits that I want to have an allergy attack every time I watch this. Tom Cruise and Mia Sara have lovely chemistry and Tim Curry rocks what has to be the most intense set of prosthetics I've ever seen. He is PERFECTLY cast as Darkness. The movie can get a little uneven with pacing, but this is definitely a must watch for fans of fantasy films.
on March 8, 2017
Love this movie. This was one of my favorite movies when I was younger. Although this one is different in some ways, kinda a little disappointed. This was was the directors cut jerry goldsmith score music vs the tangerine dream. So the music was way more in your face and loud then the theatrical version. But still a great movie.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2015
This movie was very enchanting and atmospheric dark tale when I washed it so many years ago as a child. I’m glad to see it has held up pretty well and I was able to enjoy it with my wife and son. The makeups, specially the lord of darkness, are phenomenal. Tom cruise is charming as always, and Director Ridley Scott was up to a good start with this one (went on to Direct Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, and most recently The Martian). The story can be a bit murky at times, and perhaps a bit dark for some children (Parental discretion is advice), but overall is very enjoyable and hold up to the test of time.
on March 20, 2017
this film has my heart like none other. tom cruise, a curious young man smitten with a young maiden. he goes to the end of the earth to save her soul. its a beautiful fairy tale. also, tim curry plays the devil!
recommended for anyone!
on January 27, 2013
REVIEW IS A REPLY TO BRETT D. CULLUM'S REVIEW, WITH PLENTY OF BLADE RUNNER BABBLE ADDED, IN FACT, UM, MOSTLY BLADE RUNNER... BUT WITH SOME GOOD THINGS ABOUT BOTH LEGENDS...

Wow... Jaw drop and drool... Although I tend to agree with your summation of this Legend set (although, I think I like the Goldsmith/extended cut better, as, hey studios, I'm not an idiot- the additions add flesh and dimension, and, mostly I dig the undated feel that Goldsmith's score ended up giving this more timeless cut of the flick=== not that the US is lacking in it's more dreamrush charms [and hey, I do dig that synthy goodness, also]) I must strongly disagree with you on the Blade Runner comment.

With Legend, I can actually appreciate both versions, although, they still seem to get off basically the same idea (although with differing speeds and tones-- I almost view the Goldsmith/extended cut as: THE MOVIE and the Tangerine Dream/US cut as the dream I had AFTER I watched the movie that night.) But really, the differences between Blade Runners?

Okay, okay-- between the 4 cuts! the change can appear "gradual" but the end result away from the original US theatrical with the narration and cheese ending to the last Ridley Scott take on his film is a real artistic and conceptual black and white difference. One is: a movie, the other is: a film. Dropping a hammy "detective noir" narration and adding, even a BRIEF dream sequence of the unicorn and later bringing said unicorn back at the end as a piece of Olmos origami is effing monuMENTAL in tone, concept, feel and statement. Oh, and ONE WORD change that the US version 1 had between "father" and "f__ker" is also quite huge and meaningful and significant (to say the least the savage hacking that many of Rutger Hauer's lines, including the closing monologue, got). I'm sorry to go all "art school fan boy" on you about this-- maybe it's been awhile since you've seen the different versions, and, after the initial dropping of the narration approach being a more obvious change and the subsequent versions and their slight, yet significant, tinkering I can see how some things might get muddled and lost-- but, IF-- you compare US cut 1 with the final statement, cut 4, you may be surprised about how much better, classy, meaningful, thought provoking these changes were. Seriously, it goes from being a jazzy eyeball-fest sci-fi shoot-em-up into something more, something special, and, (somehow confusing me with PKD's take on what I'm guessing was US cut 1), WAY MORE IN KEEPING with the heady stew that PKD served up so well in his writing and Ridley Scott's impressions of where the story could go and what it could say or incite. Verbal landslide, sorry. Anyway, check it again and see what you think.
on January 3, 2017
Classic movie, also hard to find so Amazon digital video is a great way to add this to your collection. This film has aged pretty well considering.
on September 24, 2016
Love this movie from my childhood. If you like Labyrinth, Never-ending Story and Dark Crystal, but have yet to see Legend, do not wait, you will like this a lot! Tom Cruise does fine and Tim Curry is amazing as the villain.

Also, a bonus and little known recommendation. If you like these types of 80s fantasy movies with practical effects, check out Jim Henson's The Storyteller!

Cheers
on April 30, 2016
Perfect movie for a kid slumber party, and mom's enjoy watching a young, gorgeous, pre-Scientology Tom Cruise too! It has fantasy, love, a scary-ish villian, adventure, and unicorns---who doesn't love unicorns?! Great movie! It's just as good now as it was 30 years ago.
on May 27, 2017
I thought it would hold up because I LOVED watching this when I was a kid. But the really gross caricature of the damsel in distress is too hard to watch for me anymore.
on May 4, 2017
Absolutely gorgeous transfer. This movie has really aged exceptionally well, it doesn't look or feel dated at all. The creatures and FX are still phenomenal today.