Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,226 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,697 reviews
on September 12, 2017
This review is strictly for the music, and not the product I received. I purchased the vinyl from Amazon warehouse and it arrived absolutely unplayable. Be very cautious buying warehouse vinyl!

The album itself is exactly what I want from a Marley compilation. It has every song most people will want. My only favorite missing is "Stop that Train" but it's barely a hit and I'm not surprised nor disappointed in its exclusion.

Minus one star because it's not a gatefold packaging, there isn't a lyric sheet and I wish it had both of those things. I understand it's a budget release, but an artist this big I at least expect a lyric sheet. I regularly buy self released records printed in sub 1000 quantities that include this for about the same price. There's no reason this couldn't have included a little something extra.
on March 23, 2015
I'm not going to go into the music on the blu ray, if your reading this then your already familiar with Legend, probably already have it, like myself on cassette and cd, so I'll just stick with the quality of the blu ray. Who ever did the sound mixing did an outstanding job, you hear this album like never before. I hear things I don't remember on my other formats. The audio quality and mixing on the DTS HD is perfect, which is the only version I have listened to so far. Kudos to the people responsible. Is it the best I have ever heard or own? Not sure but it's one of them,especially considering the age of the material. The 30th Anniversary deluxe version has two songs not on my cd from 84( that's 1984) which to be honest doesn't add a whole lot to the over all, they don't hurt or take away, which brings me to my four star review. Presentation five stars( the case and the slide show of Bob as the disc plays ), music five stars, sound quality five stars ( should be more ), but I wish for the Blu ray they could have added some more mixes of the songs on Legend. There is more than enough room for extras. That is my only complaint, and it's not even really a complaint as more of a wish. If your a fan of this album and have the equipment to take advantage of the HD sound, buy it, you will not regret it, it's Legend on the next level.
on February 10, 2015
It's Bob! What more is there to say? Okay, there's more to say... If you have a home theater with 5.1 Surround sound and an appreciation for the art of music and quality audio, you will LOVE this set. Pop the Blu-ray disc into your player, go to the audio set up first and select the 5.1 DTS audio(FYI- The 2.0 PCM is the default, so this is what you get if you just play it first), then grab your favorite drink, relax, and absorb the musical greatness with various instruments and background vocals easing from the surround channels and Marley's lyrics speaking to you front and center. Bravo to Ziggy on the Surround Sound and to the team that made this re-release happen.
on February 24, 2017
This pressing sounds great, and the price was amazing. The only thing I noticed that was out of the ordinary was that the tone arm on my turntable will not reset at the end of a side on this album as it does with every other album I own. Not really a big deal, I just thought it was very odd.
on March 10, 2017
The tracks themselves are wonderful, as well as the condition my package came in. The only issue I found was that the record sounded warped or "sped up". I think it's because of how many tracks are packed into the one vinyl tread. Otherwise it had great sound quality! It's a fair product for the pricing.
on April 1, 2017
ITEM SHIPPED VERY FAST-ITEM AS DESCRIBED BRAND SPANKING NEW-THANK U
on May 2, 2017
Classic compilation, but bad quality vinyl. My copy is badly warped and eccentric.
on September 7, 2017
One of my all-time favorite albums. Not only is it the main record that continually plays in our house, but my 9 year old son has become a huge fan. Him and I sing Three Little Birds every week. This album has created a wonderful memory!
on June 18, 2012
Bob Marley & The Wailers were truly a historical phenomenon that comes along a very few times. They brought a sound and belief system that truly shocked the world and became one of the few acts in music history to introduce a genre of music to the masses. LEGEND is a perfectly crafted album of some of their most wonderful and meaningful songs packaged in such a way that you get a synopsis of how truly incredible this band and Robert Nesta Marley were. Both have reached mythic proportions since Bob's death in 1981 and this album was a celebration of his songs and message. The success of this album can't be understated, it has spent close to 1,000 weeks on the billboard charts & another 760 plus weeks on the U.K. charts selling over 25 millions copies worldwide.

Bob was a true poet, revolutionary, prophet and musical genius whose songs touched people right where and still have a profound effect even to this day. His songs helped to not only entertain but educate and consolidate, they were truly songs of revolutions around the world. The revolution was not just a physical or military one but mostly revolutions of ideals, thoughts and perceptions. He, Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer were all 3 fantastic songwriters who lived what they wrote thus lending to it's legitimacy. Reggae as a genre truly came to the mainstream with this band and saw a tremendous development from Island Music to a form of expression that was adopted by most all of the top acts of that day in one way or another.

Most of the songs are from Marley's albums after Tosh and Wailer had left to form their own bands, however, there are classics like "Get Up, Stand Up"; " Stir It Up" and "I Shot The Sheriff" from the time period when all three legends were still together. One of the constants is/was the songwriting and Marley stood front and center. He truly was a songwriter unlike no other, his songs and mode of delivery were truly spectacular and easily translated into his live shows which were themselves legendary and he still holds several records for attendance in many venues he performed in. I remember growing up how much of major thing it was when he released an album as we really hadn't heard anything like that before.

This album is a fitting tribute to the man, his band, message and life. The world was truly blessed to have experienced the music of Bob Marley and The Wailers. We will never see anything like them again and I am so happy that I was alive to experience the magic of their music, message and the affect it had on many lives worldwide. They truly changed more that just music, they changed the way many thought and their songs gave strength, hope and fire to many an oppressed people to, as the song says, GET UP, STAND UP!
on October 7, 2016
Bob speaks to my soul. I have been on a mission to own every album he has ever made. None of the albums let you down. It is some of the best music to relax and chill too. I play it every time I am cooking away in the kitchen.