- Hardcover: 384 pages
- Publisher: Piggyback; Deluxe edition (April 11, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1911015214
- ISBN-13: 978-1911015215
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 1.2 x 15 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.7 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 165 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #251,542 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Deluxe Edition: The Complete Official Guide Hardcover – April 11, 2017
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
165 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-6 of 165 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- I really like the binding that is designed to allow the book to lay flat on any page without creasing the spine.
- Bestiary section is quite nice.
- Maps are generally organized well, and inserted in logical places to easily see which shrines/sidequests are in the particular tower region in the game.
- It's cool looking, this huge tome really feels special thanks to the ridiculously oversized format. Nice collector's item.
- Shrine walkthroughs are a little simplistic, and I don't really love the organization tossing several on a page with a page layout that doesn't really make each individual shrine "pop" enough. Ideally I guess I'd like each shrine to start on a new page, with a clear header showing name and maybe a region mini-map (though, the way the guide does at least show region maps for each group of shrines is pretty useful). Not BAD, but probably could be a little better, and as the shrine content is really the most important part of the guide for me I think the flaws are enough to reduce a star from my overall rating.
BIG ISSUE: Nothing at all that is the fault of the guide, but AMAZON gets 1/5 stars for the extremely shoddy packaging job. I can't let that slide and not reflect it somehow, so I'm docking the review a star solely due to Amazon. This large hardcover collector's edition book was just tossed into a large cardboard box with absolutely no protection. No air pockets or bubble wrap, no cardboard protectors, not shrink-wrapped to a piece of cardboard - nothing. Just the shrink wrapped book getting jostled around in the box. I have a damaged front right corner on my book due to the shipping abuse. It's not awful damage, but it's very frustrating paying a premium price for a truly limited edition item and seeing that Amazon has ZERO concern about whether the thing gets damaged. If I ever buy a similar item in the future, Amazon will be my last option - I'd rather pay a little more from a seller that cares about getting me the item in new and undamaged condition.
Now for the elephant in the room. It certainly does seem that the quality you receive this book in depends entirely on the people involved in the transportation of your package. I am giving this product a five star rating because I received it in pristine condition but the packaging for a book this expensive was lackluster. An oversized box with two inflated packing strips on top of the book, allowing it to slide back and forth inside the box. Fortunately, I ordered mine with Prime same day delivery, limiting the amount of time it was in transit and the opportunity for it to get damaged. I was lucky enough to get my book in perfect condition but someone needs to look into better ways to package books like this at Amazon because that was unacceptable and I feel for the other reviewers who received their book in less than mint condition.
First off, it's HUGE. And it's heavy!! I love collecting unique books with lots of great artwork and this one absolutely does not disappoint. I was a kid when I played the first Legend of Zelda in 1986, so when I got Breath of the Wild, this was a natural pick. It's excellently crafted as well. There's a short section at the end that discusses the mainstays in the franchise and how they changed gaming forever. A great read. Also, there's an index with every item/ location in the game, but they color the text of the page numbers in RED to warn you of potential spoilers.
I'm in love with the game, so the effort they put in to not spoiling anything while still providing the help you need is amazing. I'll absolutely be looking for Piggyback guides for my future games. I'm enthralled with this one.
I've heard people say they wish they could give a product six stars... that's somewhat cliche, I get it. But I genuinely wish I could give this product more stars. It's absolutely worth it and you can tell that the crew put this guide together lovingly.