- Any video game purchase of $19.99 or greater on Amazon.com will qualify you to receive an Amazon promotional code that will grant you three exclusive pieces of DLC for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood! Codes will be sent 48 hours after purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Additional savings for Prime members: The discount for this deal is reserved for Prime members and is applied only at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Nintendo...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 19% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Select items for an Amazon Gift Card
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Forget everything you know about The Legend of Zelda games.
- Travel across vast fields, through forests, and to mountain peaks as you discover what has become of the kingdom of Hyrule In this stunning Open-Air Adventure.
- Now on Nintendo Switch, your journey is freer and more open than ever. Take your system anywhere, and adventure as Link any way you like.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Step into a world of discovery, exploration, and adventure in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a boundary-breaking new game in the acclaimed series. Travel across vast fields, through forests, and to mountain peaks as you discover what has become of the kingdom of Hyrule in this stunning Open-Air Adventure. Now on the Nintendo Switch console, your journey is freer and more open than ever. Take your system anywhere, and adventure as Link any way you like.
- Discover a world as never before seen: by making your own path, choices, and consequences
- Ingenuity is the key to survival: find multiple solutions to tons of dynamic puzzles
- Surprises hide around every corner: scavenge weapons, armor, plants, animals, and more
- Live off the land: find weapons and armor, cook food, and brew elixirs
- Utilize special technology: the in-game Sheikah Slate controls objects and enemies in fun ways
- Gear up: many weapons and armor have unique stats, resistances, effects, and durability
- Shrines offer hundreds of clever challenges even veterans won’t see coming
- Compatible amiibo include the Wolf Link amiibo figure, figures from the Legend of Zelda 30th Anniversary amiibo series, and figures from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild amiibo series. Each one will offer Link in-game items that may just come in handy.
Top Customer Reviews
+Best Zelda story to date. Yes, it may be the same premise, but there is much more depth this time around. There are other things going on, not just Link rescuing Zelda. All of the side quests add so much to the main story. The depth is what makes the game succeed.
+Voice acting adds a lot to some of the characters we already know and love, including Zelda herself. It makes for a richer and more interesting story.
+Gameplay is king in Zelda games. We all know this. BOTW is no different. There is a ton of gameplay variety, more than there has ever been. Everything from fighting, exploring, cooking, transportation, it's all been either improved or newly introduced.
+Open World and Exploration are front and center in BOTW. The open world design allows you take whatever path you choose. While most Zelda games in the past were linear, this is not the same. Whatever approach you prefer is completely fine. The freedom really shines through in BOTW.
+The beautiful art style makes up for anything lacking in the graphics department. The Wii U and Switch are not on par with the PS4 and Xbox One, so don't expect that type of beauty, but the art style truly does make a big difference. Nintendo has always been king when it comes to gorgeous art and design. Exploration is one of the game's biggest draws. Conquering the 100+ shrines is amazing!
+Wii U and Switch versions offer choice for the gamer. You don't have to upgrade to the Switch to experience BOTW. The Wii U version is every bit as great as the Switch one. In fact, I owned the Switch version but got rid of it in favor of the Wii U version. I did not see the point in upgrading since the only other Switch game I care about is Mario Odyssey and that doesn't come out for almost another year.
+More than 100 hours of gameplay offers major value (in your wallet) and replay value. There is always something to see and do!
+The game world is absolutely huge. This lends itself to many hours of fun, whether you are doing side quests, the main quests, shrines, or goofing off.
+Challenging and thought provoking puzzles are a standout in BOTW. Every shrine has a challenging puzzle, while most boss battles require you to solve a puzzle as well.
+Cooking is really fun. Doing recipes is a blast, just experimenting with food can be an interesting distraction.
+Great A.I., from the main characters, townsfolk and enemies.
+Use the Wii U Pro controller for the best experience. It is more tight and comfortable than the GamePad. I don't have experience with the Switch Pro Controller (probably because it's $70!) but I am sure it's superior to the Joy-Cons and Grip.
-Weapons break a lot, maybe too much. I found that a lot of my time was devoted to changing weapons, whether in a battle or not. It's not a game-breaker but it is an annoyance.
Overall, Zelda BOTW is an all time great. It's a game you must experience and have in your collection. I bought the Wii U version, but the choice is yours. Go out and buy it to experience something you will never forget!
The graphics are phenomenal, the storyline is interesting, and there's so much more to do than I could have imagined. You could entertain yourself for hours just running around exploring and collecting things even if you didn't want to play the actual storyline. I can't recommend this game enough, even for non-gamers and non-Zelda fans.
I found the casual enemy encounters to be scaled well in difficulty. Especially as you advance in the game. The fighting mechanic is pretty good as well. You can just run in and mash buttons but the enemies are tough and smart so dying is likely with that method which encourages thinking before acting or honing your fighting skills to effectively dodge or counter an enemies attack.
There is voice acting in this game for the first time ever. It wasn't bad but I think it really could have been better. At times I felt it was really disjointed and I hope if Nintendo does voice acting again that it will be executed better.
All in all I have put almost 200 hours into this game. It is completely worth it. I had so much fun, there's a ton to do. Those are really the only complaints I have. It is a very great game I have played a ton and have watched a ton of people play. And it's amazing the difference every person makes in their play style. I love it, so much variety. I would recommend this game to everyone I know.