Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Explore the wilds of Hyrule any way you like—anytime, anywhere! - Climb up towers and mountain peaks in search of new destinations, then set your own path to get there and plunge into the wilderness. Along the way, you'll battle towering enemies, hunt wild beasts and gather ingredients for the food and elixirs you'll make to sustain you on your journey. With Nintendo Switch, you can literally take your journey anywhere.
- More than 100 Shrines of Trials to discover and explore - Shrines dot the landscape, waiting to be discovered in any order you want. Search for them in various ways, and solve a variety of puzzles inside. The tasks you must perform in each Shrine varies, and you'll never expect the challenges you'll face until you enter. Some will involve realistic physics, and some will require you to harness the power of nature, including electricity, wind, fire, and more. Work your way through the traps and devices inside, utilizing your runes and think outside the box to earn special items and other rewards that will help you on your adventure.
- Be prepared and properly equipped – With an entire world waiting to be explored, you'll need a variety of outfits and gear to reach every corner. You may need to bundle up with warmer clothes or change into something better suited to the desert heat. Some clothing even has special effects that, for example, can make you faster or stealthier.
- Battling enemies requires strategy – The world is inhabited with enemies of all shapes and sizes. Each one has its own attack method and weaponry, so you must think quickly and develop the right strategies to defeat them.
- amiibo compatibility – The Wolf Link amiibo from Twilight Princess HD, the Zelda 30th Anniversary series amiibo, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series amiibo are all compatible with this game. Tap the Wolf Link amiibo (sold separately) to make Wolf Link appear in the game. Wolf Link will attack enemies on his own and help you find items you’re searching for. Tap a Zelda 30th Anniversary series amiibo to receive helpful in-game items or even a treasure chest!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Step into a world of discovery, exploration, and adventure in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a boundary-breaking new game in the acclaimed series. Travel across vast fields, through forests, and to mountain peaks as you discover what has become of the kingdom of Hyrule in this stunning Open-Air Adventure. Now on the Nintendo Switch console, your journey is freer and more open than ever. Take your system anywhere, and adventure as Link any way you like.
- Discover a world as never before seen: by making your own path, choices, and consequences
- Ingenuity is the key to survival: find multiple solutions to tons of dynamic puzzles
- Surprises hide around every corner: scavenge weapons, armor, plants, animals, and more
- Live off the land: find weapons and armor, cook food, and brew elixirs
- Utilize special technology: the in-game Sheikah Slate controls objects and enemies in fun ways
- Gear up: many weapons and armor have unique stats, resistances, effects, and durability
- Shrines offer hundreds of clever challenges even veterans won’t see coming
- Compatible amiibo include the Wolf Link amiibo figure, figures from the Legend of Zelda 30th Anniversary amiibo series, and figures from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild amiibo series. Each one will offer Link in-game items that may just come in handy.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
+Best Zelda story to date. Yes, it may be the same premise, but there is much more depth this time around. There are other things going on, not just Link rescuing Zelda. All of the side quests add so much to the main story. The depth is what makes the game succeed.
+Voice acting adds a lot to some of the characters we already know and love, including Zelda herself. It makes for a richer and more interesting story.
+Gameplay is king in Zelda games. We all know this. BOTW is no different. There is a ton of gameplay variety, more than there has ever been. Everything from fighting, exploring, cooking, transportation, it's all been either improved or newly introduced.
+Open World and Exploration are front and center in BOTW. The open world design allows you take whatever path you choose. While most Zelda games in the past were linear, this is not the same. Whatever approach you prefer is completely fine. The freedom really shines through in BOTW.
+The beautiful art style makes up for anything lacking in the graphics department. The Wii U and Switch are not on par with the PS4 and Xbox One, so don't expect that type of beauty, but the art style truly does make a big difference. Nintendo has always been king when it comes to gorgeous art and design. Exploration is one of the game's biggest draws. Conquering the 100+ shrines is amazing!
+Wii U and Switch versions offer choice for the gamer. You don't have to upgrade to the Switch to experience BOTW. The Wii U version is every bit as great as the Switch one. In fact, I owned the Switch version but got rid of it in favor of the Wii U version. I did not see the point in upgrading since the only other Switch game I care about is Mario Odyssey and that doesn't come out for almost another year.
+More than 100 hours of gameplay offers major value (in your wallet) and replay value. There is always something to see and do!
+The game world is absolutely huge. This lends itself to many hours of fun, whether you are doing side quests, the main quests, shrines, or goofing off.
+Challenging and thought provoking puzzles are a standout in BOTW. Every shrine has a challenging puzzle, while most boss battles require you to solve a puzzle as well.
+Cooking is really fun. Doing recipes is a blast, just experimenting with food can be an interesting distraction.
+Great A.I., from the main characters, townsfolk and enemies.
+Use the Wii U Pro controller for the best experience. It is more tight and comfortable than the GamePad. I don't have experience with the Switch Pro Controller (probably because it's $70!) but I am sure it's superior to the Joy-Cons and Grip.
-Weapons break a lot, maybe too much. I found that a lot of my time was devoted to changing weapons, whether in a battle or not. It's not a game-breaker but it is an annoyance.
Overall, Zelda BOTW is an all time great. It's a game you must experience and have in your collection. I bought the Wii U version, but the choice is yours. Go out and buy it to experience something you will never forget!
-The graphical style is kind of a mix of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker - should help the game's graphics age well while enabling an immersive experience.
-The huge open world. Normally when you see a mountain in the distance, it's just a picture. Here, you can walk to it. At any point in the game.
-Runes and climbing provide ample means of exploring and manipulating the environment. I'd say there's plenty of opportunity to sequence-break, but there's not really much of a "sequence" to start with. The game is yours.
-Compendium: Adds an element of collectathon to the game. Something for completionists to strive for while being useful to they leyperson (can be used to track items/monsters or let you know if you've seen it before)
-Amiibo usage: you can get unique items in-game (such as the Fierce Deity Armor). For those without Amiibo, worry not, these don't count at all towards 100% as none of them appear in the Compendium
-Durability helps keep the gameplay from stagnating. You have the best weapon in the game? Not for long! Particularly with the weapons you find laying around, it also makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't expect a 100-year old, rusted sword to fare well in a fight with a Lynel
-Master Mode provides ample challenge for those who seek it. Don't believe me? Go fight a Lynel with a stick on the Great Plateau (fortunately this mode is optional)
-Durability can sometimes get old. Like, I don't want to use my Fierce Deity Sword because it'd break, and then I'd need to Amiibo farm for a new one.
9/10 First, the gameplay in this Zelda was crisp and clear, it showed the power that the Nintendo Switch was capable of. The world that I played in was so massive, it is a truly a free world platform. I only wish it played a little like previous Zeldas, but this issue is not a big deal.
10/10 Second, the graphics were amazing as well. I hardly saw any error in the frame rate or stability of the graphics. It's amazing the fine detail that was placed in every object in the game. It for sure has the best graphics of any Zelda game to date.
10/10 Third, the price was very good for all the time and hardwork that was placed in this game. Taking almost 5 years on one game I know they could have raised the price and people would have still bought Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
As a result, I thoroughly enjoyed and still do enjoy this game. I felt they worked hard and gave Zelda fans a great gameplay experience, beautiful graphics, and a price well worth paying. I highly suggest buying this game even if your not a fan.
Posted by David Fults
Most recent customer reviews
Don’t think about it just buy it
I promise you won’t regret it!