Truck Reviews HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 22, 2017
Legends of the Fall is all about the acting and it's magnificent. I totally get how beautiful the film is and I like the story and how it doesn't operate like a traditional narrative, but the acting is what I found extraordinary. It's one of Brad Pitt's best performances, if not his best. Anthony Hopkins is fantastic and over the top in a very good way. Julia Ormond, Aidan Quinn and Henry Thomas all pick up the slack in their scenes as well. I was blown away scene after scene by their performances. And like I said in the beginning, the cinematography is outstanding. So is the writing and basically everything else, but the acting is just so good that it overshadows everything else for me.
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 20, 2017
Sooo BIZARRE!! I can BARELY get past the 1 star reviews. Those folks, (the "1 Star" folks), couldn't spell worth a darn. No intellectual comments whatsoever. I'm thinking....perhaps they just didn't comprehend the English language. Could that be so? Also, I believe it to be unfair to add disappointing cartridge/disc problems to the reviews. It becomes very confusing, doesn't it? The actual VISUAL quality of the "film" , shouldn't really be compared to the quality of the film's STORY itself. I feel badly for the folks who received a poor quality disc..I think they should be recompensed.. TRULY.. But folks, REALLY, do you believe those viewing problems should be counted as "Reviews"?
I think this film is BEAUTIFUL. FEELINGS, EMOTIONS, SCENERY...kind of awesome. I found it's rare to watch men emoting love, hate, distrust, anger and fear so OPENLY. So BEAUTIFULLY...so...TRUTHFULLY.
I LOVE this movie, and the men within NEVER fail to give me hope, HOPE that REAL men will take take the hint.... A real woman yearns for a REAL MAN. A man unafraid to share emotions...Hope, Love, Fear, Pain, Adoration......wow.
6 people found this helpful
on November 22, 2017
A perfect film. Epic. Tragic. Beautiful. I must have seen it 20 times by now since the 90's, and I never tire of it. The relationship dynamic between the family and the dysfunctional romance with Susannah is highly likely when you live out in the middle of nowhere, and therefore a believable and amazing story. Perhaps I can relate so much because of the brotherly connection, and how it's often horrible but-in-the-end commitment to family wins out. Perfectly acted. Scarily good performance by Julia Ormond - her inner turmoil is very believable. Personally, I love the soundtrack, and it's perfectly fitting for the times. Can't get enough of this movie!
7 people found this helpful
on February 3, 2013
I bought this disk as a birthday present for my wife, an adaptation of a Jim Harrison novel which is, in my very humble opinion,
an American literary masterwork. The movie, although quite good, and an abiding love story, only fails a bit in comparison to the book. That flaw is mine, not the film's. I am not as visual as my wife. Too late to learn?
There is a small section that will disturb some, but it is of war, and what that particularly insane manner of behavior can pulse
and twist and echo in its survivors. Brad Pitt, everyone's supernaturally handsome star, captures that rage beautifully--a handsome demon worthy of Poe.
On my wife's behalf I'll add a fifth shadow star. She knows an enduring love story when she sees one. Makes why she married me such a mystery. Mind the voice of One Stab, the narrator: a gift to both the book and the film. We exist at the mercy of this rock we live on and the only certainty is our own impermanence. You can feel that in this story.
3 people found this helpful
on February 1, 2018
No movie has ever moved me in the way that this one has. The music by conducted and composed by James Horner exudes a haunting match to a tale of longing and love so deep; that it cannot truly be put into words. Love between Father and sons, Tristan and Susannah, each Brother to each Brother and of course husbands and wives and lovers too. It asks the viewer to recognize worlds that exist outside of time and space as we know them. Legendary worlds and exemplary souls and a time that was cleaner, more pristine and yet filled life's deepest heartbreak and challenges. Tristan and Susannah and each character in the Ludlow crew. Absolutely one of my all time favorite films. The music literally sweeps us away into this journey of heart and soul back around the time of WW1. The acting is magnificent beyond compare and I think Julia Ormond is brilliant. All of the actors do a superb job in this film. My heart was filled to the brim with a time when Native Americans and though living in a time when the world was not ripped to shreds yet. The cinematography of the land in Montana is breathtaking. The strain of the Heart Breaking open scenes of the brothers and the one woman who was like a special gem whom none of them could really fully appreciate, in the role of Susannah Fincannon. The subtle nuances of her acting is nothing less than stellar. The nuance of all relationships and politics, war and peace are all intertwined into this one movie. The best of the best for me. Brad Pitt was in his glory days here. He was indeed a Legend as Tristan.The message of this movie will reside in my Heart forever.
4 people found this helpful
on March 19, 2015
My wife and I both enjoyed the film. The acting was superb, not only by Hopkins and Pitt, but the rest of the cast as well. Furthermore, the scenery was outstanding. The plot was far fetched and hackneyed, but well within the realm of typical Hollywood stories. Pacing held our interest, keeping us from dwelling on the plot weaknesses. Indeed the soap opera plot prevents this from being a "great" film, although it seems to have been filmed as if that were what was intended. Nevertheless, we enjoyed this movie.
2 people found this helpful
on October 16, 2017
A movie about a messed up family. The plot was all over the place, but overall it was decent.
2 people found this helpful
on May 20, 2018
Couldn’t go without adding this to my collection...I don’t remember how fast shipping was because it’s been a good while since I ordered this movie. A few years to be exact, I’m just getting around to writing a review. All I know is this is one of my fave movies of all time and I don’t regret the purchase at all. Of course now that everything is digital I’m not sure just how much use I’ll get out the actual disc, but just having it in my collection is fine with me. I’ve literally watched this over ten times since it’s come out and that’s rare for me.
on October 24, 2017
I have watched this film several times over the years. Enjoying it each time for all the reasons listed in many reviews; scenery, acting, story, drama, score, etc... But overall what I walk away with when I watch this film each time is a sense of duplicity. I am crying for joy and sadness at the same time. My heart is full of love and yet empty with ache. I feel great sense of joy watching, and yet great sense of sadness for the loss's. This film draws emotions from us that we do not let out often, and it makes us face them.

I know I will watch this movie again many times over the years, as it never loses its ability to create feelings.
4 people found this helpful
on June 14, 2017
Man this movie saw it on tv and man this movie is good with brad pitt and how in the movie one of the brothers dies in the war this was a great movie
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse