Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 225 reviews
on August 9, 2014
I had heard about and watched Aviva on the Real Housewives of New York. As an amputee myself, I really wanted to have a decent role model. In parts of the book, I felt a bit bad for her her, but not too bad.. I've been through similar stuff, so maybe it didn't pull my heart strings as it would to a non amputee. This woman has been beyond spoiled her entire life.. Spoiled to the core, in fact. Reading this book, then pairing it with her behavior on tv, I don't recommend it. She wants to be an advocate to amputees?? How does she explain her vicious and deplorable behavior on television? If I were at my prosthetist's office and that woman came in to advocate for me, I'd get out of there as fast as humanly possible. I can only imagine a mother introducing her to her five year old amputee daughter.. "This is Avava, she's here to teach you how to handle your issues with class and grace. Don't mind her dropping F bombs and actually throwing her prosthetic like a toddler for attention." By the way, prosthetics aren't cheap; we don't all get a pale because it's winter leg, a tan because it's summer leg, a five inch heel leg, a kitten heel leg.... She's a poor representation of the actual struggle we go through. I am shakin my head at one Miss Avevil Drescsher and I recommend you save your 9 dollars.
on November 13, 2014
I found this read tedious and repetitive. Although the writer has been through an extreme life experience, not unlike other people, it felt like she used it as an excuse for behaviors within her family and herself. Name dropping and everything classist and came through predictable and snobbish. I was bored halfway through the book.
on June 25, 2014
I read the whole book, because I was actually stupid enough to buy it. if you like reading about narcissistic rich people, you might like it. otherwise don't waste your time or money
on May 14, 2014
This memoir seems to be entirely based on the loss of Aviva's foot, as the result of a child's stunt. She seems to focus on her life of privilege. While the accident was unfortunate,it should not define her life. I would have liked to have her focus on her marriage and her children. What was her father's profession? Did she pursue a profession, or a meaningful career? She complained that Vassar did not meet her expectations for appropriate dress code! Really?
What has she done in service to our military---the men and women who lost limbs while defending our country? Few of those heroes can afford the expensive prostheses-- one for flats, one for heels, one for swimming, all with pedicures, etc.
I decided to purchase her book after watching her on Bravo's reality show. The condescending attitude that is presented on the show is reflected in her "memoir'. I was disappointed.!
on May 6, 2014
Mrs. Drescher may have 3 degrees, however, none of them have helped her writing. I found this book vapid and very self-deprecating. It is childish and readers certainly did not need to read of all her "loves" and "conquests". I wish I had not spent my hard earned money on this silly book. Unless you are an Aviva Drescher fan, do not buy it. I just feel sorry for her children if they ever read this piece of trash.
on October 8, 2014
Get your act together writer girl
on April 7, 2014
Every life is interesting in its own way. That's about the best I can say about this. The writing is tedious and sophmoric.
on February 25, 2014
`I have posted my review at least 5 times and each time it stays up for a little while and then a couple of weeks later it i gone. I talked to Amazon about it and they reposted it the one time I complained. Obviously Aviva keeps taking it down. I was quoted as knowing aviva and writing a scandalous review. I have never met this horrible human being.. this horrible excuse of a human being.. this joke of a woman but now that she keeps messing with my right to write a review on a book that I paid for.. that included facts straight from the book. all my opinion. this is getting serious to me. Legally.. and I am ticked at Amazon for constantly taking it down at Aviva's request or whatever it is that she is doing. I am going to find it and repost it again and again and again and again and just so you know avIVA'S HUSBAND IS BEING SUED FOR FRAUD... FOR TAKING THE MONEY OF AN INNOCENT ELDERLY PERSON AND DEFRAUDING THEM AND LOSING THEIR LIFE SAVINGS. REALLY GREAT PEOPLE.. RIGHT? AVIVA SO FILLED WITH HERSELF AND BATSHIT INSANE.. AND HER HUSBAND LIKELY A CRIMINAL PREYING ON PEOPLE TO SUPPORT THEIR UPPITY LIFESTYLE. MY REVIEW IS COMING BACK AVIVA!!!
on April 7, 2016
I really enjoyed Aviva's book. The individual's who gave poor reviews, judged her too harshly. This book is not Shakespeare but that's not it's purpose. It's a compelling personal account of a brave woman who in spite of some serious challenges, managed to live a rich, full life. I respect Aviva's effort to be both honest yet fair to all of the people mentioned in her book. Finally, I admire Aviva for being a source of inspiration to other amputees as well as continuing to increase awareness and funding for amputees who cannot afford the costly prosthetics.
on September 13, 2015
Very interesting story, grips the reader