Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
TOP 100 REVIEWERon July 23, 2011
Last week was the final Space Shuttle mission. Building a huge Lego model of the Space Shuttle was a great way to celebrate the end of an incredible era of space exploration.

The Lego "Shuttle Adventure" is a beautiful, detailed model of the Space Shuttle program. Lego did not get the official sanction to use NASA decals or names, so this is the Adventure Shuttle model. Lego could have fooled me, this looks a lot like a really fine scale model of the real live Space Shuttle, I'm sorry NASA couldn't find their way clear to license this kit.

The construction is not very difficult, I think most Lego Maniacs will find it a challenging but not particularly hard build. It is much easier to build than the 1:12 scale Ferrari Formula 1 car (LEGO Ferrari F1 Large Racer). A fifteen and twenty year old Lego Maniacs built this in a pleasant afternoon. Mr. Fifteen year old only made one major mistake with the wing portion of the Shuttle - Mr. Fifty Three year old Lego Maniac had to fix it up for him (he misjudged the big white triangular pieces by one row of bricks).

At 1204 pieces, this is a large kit. In the world of Lego, pricing is almost always by the weight of plastic, or number of parts. With that price / part ratio, this is kit is on the expensive side.

The instructions are in two thick books. The pictures are easy to follow. None of us found any difficulty picking out the pieces and only had one alignment problem. Two people can easily share building this kit - the main Shuttle can be built independent of the brown external fuel tank and the two white solid rocket boosters. Frankly, it's the way they serviced the Shuttle in real life.

The detail in this kit is incredible. The cockpit has an instrument panel. I think the people are unique for this kit in that they have a happy face on one side and a surprised look on the other. The satellite is really beautiful with the solar panels extended. The landing gear has a nice mechanism for putting the landing gear down. The gear is sturdy and has some nice play value for rolling the Shuttle around.

I've included some pictures of our completed model to show some of the detail.

I actually had some fun flying a Shuttle mission. The rocket sits solidly on the pad, because the model is fairly heavy and well balanced, there are no snap connectors to hold the rocket down, just nice sockets. After lift off, the two solid rocket boosters can be pulled off, they are held on by two yellow pegs. Sadly, there are no parachutes in the boosters! The Shuttle can then be separated from the brown external tank by pulling the shuttle away from the two yellow pegs that hold it in place. Once in space, the bay doors can be opened, the robot arm extended, and connected to the folded up satellite. Once clear of the Shuttle, the solar panels can be extended and the satellite released. Close up the bay doors, and reenter. Just before landing extend the landing gear and do a perfect landing with the rear wheels first. Unlike a lot of Lego kits, this one is very solid once put together.

What a fantastic way to celebrate the Space Shuttle missions. Lego has created a great kit that we enjoyed building and playing with.

For younger builders, this is a decent kit (LEGO Space Shuttle 3367). The finished model looks a little more like a truck than the Space Shuttle - but it is much easier to build.
review image review image review image
on September 28, 2011
The first thing you should know is that this set comes with two instruction booklets, one for the cart and around 2/3 of the shuttle and one for the rest of it as well as the external fuel tank, booster rockets, and launch pad. It took me an entire weekend to put it together but the finished product is well worth it.

The shuttle's spring-loaded landing gear stays up without a problem but can be lowered easily and firmly hold its weight. The wing flaps fold down and the cockpit cover is well secured; the bay doors tend to get stuck when closing them and the robot arm feels a bit loose and tends to flop when the satellite is attached. Both the tank and boosters are solid when complete and lock together and to the shuttle with a solid grip. Launch pad holds the full weight nicely.

A great investment for any Lego or NASA/space fan!
on May 10, 2011
Even though I'm over 20, I'm still proud to call myself a LEGO Maniac. The price is well worth the amount of fun and how extraordinary the Shuttle looks when you're complete. Not only do you get the shuttle itself, you get to work on the Solid & Liquid Rocket Boosters and Satellite, everything is detachable as if it were the real things. The kit comes with a stand for you to put the completed rocket in it. It took me over 8 hours to complete but by the end of it, it was well worth it. Very satisfied with the product and would recommend the LEGO kit for both young and old (despite the age limitations). The completed model is easily a foot and a half. Only problem is that it does fall apart easily if you're not careful.
on April 15, 2011
My kids have lots of Lego... but dad got this one for himself. The build is a little complex for smaller kids due to the landing gear mechanism. My kids built the main tank and boosters, and I built the shuttle. I actually purchased 3 of these. One sits on the shelf above my desk, the other 2 are to give to my kids when they get older. I really feel this set will have some collectors value due to its excellent quality, and the coming retirement of the real shuttles. My advice is to get these while you still can. If you calculate lego sets at .10 cents a piece, this set is a bargain for the price since it contains over 1200 pieces. If you think it looks cool in the photos, it looks even better in person.
on July 28, 2017
Starting to build it now. The only bad thing is the bags are not numbered like new sets. I have 14 bags and don't know where to start. It is 7 years new in box so I can't complain.
on January 10, 2011
---UPDATE (1/4/12): Another user commented on here about a Service Pack for this set. I emailed Lego and they sent me a 30 piece upgrade set to improve the EFT's(external fuel tank) playability. Boy, does it ever work! It also included a color 24 step instruction sheet on how to install the pieces. Bravo Lego for improving a great set. Now my son and I can actually play with this set. Please give us an add-on launch pad with tower and a shuttle crawler/mover. I would pay an another $99 for that set too.

Original Review:
This was a "no-brainer" for me. Although Lego.com still offers this set; I bought it from Amazon ($99) to get free shipping & no tax, saving me close to $30. Amazon packed the set well. The shuttle, EFT (external fuel tank), and SRBs (solid rocket booster) look great. The four pieces fit well together and sit nicely on the little launch pad. Being 30 I bought this set for myself in hopes that It would ignite my 5yr old's interest in the shuttle program which is about to end thanks to our "Fearless Leader". My 5yr old son built the EFT & SRBs mostly by himself. Playability is leaving me a little disappointed for a $99 Lego set. I built the shuttle which needed some modification to the rear landing gear: I turned the rear wheels around and moved the rear spring down one hole to make the shuttle roll better without the wheels collapsing. The shuttle has to be handled very deliberately otherwise parts will break free and you will have to halfway disassemble the rear of the shuttle. My son gets frustrated after about 30 minutes of the shuttle continually needing reassembly, but he is only 5 and Lego recommends 16+ (I can see why). Two Astronauts fit in the cockpit with their arms in the perfect position. The satellite barely fits in the cargo bay and I had to modify it's antenna connection. Also the EFT likes to fall apart unless you almost use two hands to pick it up (it likes to break in half under it's own weight). Great set for adults and Lego crazy kids 10 & up. Not easily playable though. Also for $99, Lego should have included a better launch pad with a tower.

GET THIS ONE WHILE YOU STILL CAN, I fear this will be the last USA Space Shuttle Lego gives us.
on December 12, 2016
box pretty badly damaged and seal on the lego kit was broken, so no guarantee it was new, never opened as stated
on February 25, 2011
I bought this primarily for me but knew that my son and I would play with it a lot. It took about 4.5 hours to complete, with the shuttle portion taking about 3 hours. The detail is amazing and it's fairly sturdy, but it's a Lego product, so if it falls apart, you just put it back together. Compared to other Lego kits, for the price, this is a must buy when you consider what you're getting. Shuttle, fuel tank, solid rocket boosters, robotic arm, satellite, working cargo bay doors, movable shuttle jets, landing gear, 2 mini fig astronauts for the cockpit, remote chase vehicle, mini fig driver. Well worth it. If you're a Lego fan, buy it, you won't regret it.
on March 16, 2012
I bought this for my husband for Christmas. He really enjoyed putting it together. It took him a few hours over 2 nights. We have it displayed on a shelf in his office. My only disappointment was the price. When I originally looked it up, a few months before Christmas, it was around $100 but by the time I bought it, in December, it was $130. The price hike was a let down considering nothing about the product had changed.
on August 19, 2017
A little smaller than I expected but a nice set never-the-less.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.