Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean +Mini Figure

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 21, 2011, 12:29:42 PM PDT
I'm starting to wonder if I'm losing my mind.

If you bought this game, was a Jack Sparrow mini figure included? Or was there a promo code that was included in the package to order the figure?

I'm getting the run around from Amazon. They said that the figure should have been included. They're willing to refund me the money spent if I buy the figure, but they want me to order it from a seller who's "fulfilled by Amazon". And, I'm not finding any Jack Sparrow figure with this condition.

Of course, you can't just reply to the emails received from customer service, so I have to continually go back to the feedback form and explain again what's going on. I'm sick of it and tempted to just go buy the figure elsewhere.

Posted on May 21, 2011, 2:34:15 PM PDT
Lisa PhD says:
Thank you for your post. I was starting to think I was losing my mind, too. After I received the game, I remembered that a Jack Sparrow minifig was supposed to come with it. I didn't receive it. I didn't see any sort of code in my box, and I didn't see the figure listed on my invoice. But, like you, I think the minifig was promised on the product page. I e-mailed customer service and I'll report any updates I receive.

Thanks,

Lisa

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2011, 2:56:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2011, 2:56:17 PM PDT
Ok, see, I'm glad I'm not alone. :)

I emailed them again, told them that I'm very disappointed in the customer service and received a quick response saying --

-----
I'm really sorry the service we provided was not up to the usual standards you've come to expect from us at Amazon.com. I completely understand your disappointment. That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.

I've checked our website and can confirm that the "Jack Sparrow Lego Pirates of the Caribbean Minifigure" is available with ToyBurg, which is fulfilled by Amazon.com.

For your convenience, I've added the "Jack Sparrow Lego Pirates of the Caribbean Minifigure" to your shopping cart. I've also provided the current listing for this item below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004XKCZAG/

In this case, I would request you to go ahead and place a new order for the "Jack Sparrow Lego Pirates of the Caribbean Minifigure" and contact us back with the order number and as per the promise, we'll either waive off or refund you the order cost.
-----

Funny that they found the item that I couldn't find in my own search.

So, I've ordered it. Now let's see if they decide to not refund my shipping and handling. :P

Posted on May 22, 2011, 2:01:11 PM PDT
Lisa PhD says:
Glad to hear that Amazon took care of you. They answered my e-mail the next day and also placed the minifig in my cart. A promotional credit appeared when I placed the order, covering the cost of the minifig. I was placing an order anyway, so I didn't need to worry about the shipping costs. Hope you get your shipping costs back!

By the way, Amazon said that I pre-ordered the game too late to qualify for the minifig. They stated that orders needed to be placed between Mar. 25 and May 4 to get the minifig. Could this explain why you didn't get it?

Thanks again for your post.

Lisa

Posted on May 22, 2011, 2:22:32 PM PDT
Sounds like you got a quicker response and subsequent action than we did, which is great!

We pre-ordered the game on March 20th, so it's entirely possible that Amazon was running a promotion for it during the week March 25th and we ordered too early. Amazon has waived the entire cost for the mini-fig. Not sure, though, if they'll still charge me then refund it.

Thank you for your posts! Glad to know I wasn't alone - even more glad that they were able to give you an exact reason as to what happened - something they never gave us.

Posted on May 22, 2011, 7:47:46 PM PDT
I bought my game from GameStop today, they had the minifig so they gave me one. Minifig was for pre-orders so they were cool! not sure how it works through amazon.

Posted on May 22, 2011, 7:47:46 PM PDT
I bought my game from GameStop today, they had the minifig so they gave me one. Minifig was for pre-orders so they were cool! not sure how it works through amazon.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 21, 2011
Latest post:  May 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about