About the Product
- Peripherals are required to play
- Use the LEGO character customizer to create and personalize your band, instrument controllers and entourage.
- A rock tinged, yet family-friendly song list provided both on the game disc and as downloadable content via PlayStation Network.
- Pull off killer riffs in LEGO themed Rock Power Challenges to perform amazing feats such as defeating a giant octopus, summoning a storm or demolishing a skyscraper.
- Build fame LEGO style by completing songs to collect LEGO studs – unlock cool vehicles, progress to new venues and unlock new characters and instruments.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
•Peripherals are required to play
•Use the LEGO character customizer to create and personalize your band, instrument controllers and entourage.
•A rock tinged, yet family-friendly song list provided both on the game disc and as downloadable content via PlayStation Network.
•Pull off killer riffs in LEGO themed Rock Power Challenges to perform amazing feats such as defeating a giant octopus, summoning a storm or demolishing a skyscraper.
•Build fame LEGO style by completing songs to collect LEGO studs – unlock cool vehicles, progress to new venues and unlock new characters and instruments.
Top Customer Reviews
This review is based on playing through the game on Hard lead guitar, with the Rock Band 1 song exports and about 200 DLC songs.
Let's start with the cons:
1. The tracklist is rather brief at 45-songs. You'll be repeating them a lot of you don't have DLC or the RB1 export. If you don't have it already, at least get the latter!
2. No online play, but the randomness of Career Mode (see below) somewhat makes up for that.
3. There appears to be a Crowd Noise volume setting bug, at least on the PS3 version. Despite lowering the crowd noise level to 0, I still hear it.
1. Great overall presentation, with compelling and complete LEGO environments, cut scenes, and challenges.
2. Career Mode is tons of fun in that the game continually prompts you to participate in new challenges and setlists, rather than returning you to a selection screen every time. So the element of surprise is always there, as is the opportunity to simply randomly enjoy the core tracks and the DLC/exports you own.
3. The game makes good use of your DLC... for example, I had a surprise 5-song setlist thrown at me and all songs were drawn from my DLC.
4. It's fun to buy bizarre LEGO objects and decorate your band space with them.
5. Extensive stats are available for your band, including 5-starred songs, gold-starred songs, overall playing time, and many others.
6. SAVED SETLISTS. The game has you create 3-song Albums and stores them for future play.Read more ›
You also get the choice to customize your rock den with cool little additions you win during the gameplay. That's another thing that's fun: you get rewards all the time! New Lego minifigures, weird items, and new instruments are coming at you all the time.
The song list is a lot of fun. It's short, but you have some goodies like "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Kung Fu Fighting", and "We Will Rock You". The gameplay itself seems a lot easier than the usual "Rock Band" fare. I'm a casual player at best. I started playing on medium and was scoring 99 and 100% on every song, where I would usually score low 90's here and there in Rock Band (curse you, Metallica!). Also, the band player customization is a little weak. There aren't that many cool guitars to choose from (you start with 2 choices), though the drum sets are pretty fun. It doesn't have the customization of the usual "Rock Band", but it's still enough to give you an individual feel. As you buy more road crew members, you can choose from their parts as well.
All in all, this is a great buy and a whole lot of fun for everybody. It's a worthy addition to both the Lego franchise (after Lego Batman, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars) and Rock Band. Can't wait to see Lego Rock Band 2!
If you like the song list on here you should know that for an additional $10 you can download all of the tracks from for use on Rock Band 2, just as you could with the songs from Rock Band 1. So if you like the material but prefer the look & play style of RB2 then this is still worth the money.
It has a Super Easy mode for youths that want to play, but not fail out as easily. With guitar, for example, you just strum. No need to worry about pressing the right color buttons. Also, it is impossible to get booed off the stage. We tried, but you always come back to "rebuild" your reputation by collecting lego bricks in the same manner as playing the right notes on your instrument. And we really tried to get booed off by all of us playing on Expert. This is nice, because some young children might not like the game if they were booed off for not being able to play.
The list of songs are excellent. There are some songs on here that I've never heard of, but that didn't make them any less fun to play. Although "Ghostbusters" isn't what I would think of as a typical rock band song, my family and I found that playing this tune was totally fun. Just this song alone makes this game worth it!
Once you are done with the game (or even beforehand), you can use the download code and transfer all the songs into Rockband 1 or 2. We bought this for our PS3 instead of the Wii just for this feature and the fact that you can use some downloadable songs in the game. Unfortunately, the Wii version doesn't have any export codes or allow for DLC.
If you're looking for a fun, family game full of music and good times, then this purchase is definitely worth it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
great song selection. and who doesn't like the lego video gamesPublished 2 months ago by stacy ciampa
This is SOOOO much for for our girls. We didn't like the content of the regular Rock Band for them. There is also a "super easy" level which is perfect for my 5 year old.Published 3 months ago by Rachel
I'm a huge fan of guitar hero and rock band and I just transferred to PS3 and I couldn't find this game cheaper anywhere so I had to get this deal! THANK YOU!!Published 5 months ago by Scott
My Grand son plays with it at least twice a week. He loves it.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Thought the software could allow one to use the PS3 as a drum synthesizer. However, my son had a lot of fun so far.
Got on time and it perfect sealed conditions.
For our family at least, this has the best mix of songs of any Rock Band out there. More pop and top 40, right on target for us.Published 10 months ago by Matt & Stephanie