Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Lego Rock Band - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 39% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Peripherals are required to play
- Use the LEGO character customizer to create and personalize your band, instrument controllers and entourage.
- A rock tinged, yet family-friendly song list provided both on the game disc and as downloadable content via Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
- Pull off killer riffs in LEGO themed Rock Power Challenges to perform amazing feats such as defeating a giant octopus, summoning a storm or demolishing a skyscraper.
- Build fame LEGO style by completing songs to collect LEGO studs – unlock cool vehicles, progress to new venues and unlock new characters and instruments.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
However, once I decided to give the game a try (I had it, after all), and I'm downright hooked.
Rather then focus on what's the same (because this is, at its core, Rock Band 2 with a Lego skin over it), let me point out some differences I think make it better.
- You have a "Rock Pad" which is like your house, and you can trick it out with tones of goofy gear. I'll admit I was stoked when I unlocked the pink train riding toy. It's a small addition, sure but way fun.
- Tons and tons of unlocks, similar to the other lego games. From guitars to pieces of your house to new characters, there's a lot. A downside is you don't start with much, but you'll get new things fast.
- When you fail, you actually can revive people simply by playing well. This feature was shown somewhat in Guitar Hero 5, and it works well here for a kid-friendly group. It also makes you less dependent on Overdrive to revive people.
- The notes moving down the "track" are lego bricks! A little change, sure, but I got a kick out of it.
- The game has a "plot," and honestly it is downright silly and completely hilarious. What other game can you use rock to blow up a building, scare off ghosts by rocking "Ghostbusters," or zapping a squid with the power of your awesome riffs?Read more ›
This is kind of a simple review since it's not really that story extensive or there's much to talk about so I'll just mention the gameplay. Personally, as a frequent Rock Band 2 player I'm not exactly digging the interface. Keep in mind I'm mainly a drummer in these kind of games so I'll chat about that with some mentions later of the guitar. If you play on expert you know how vitally important it is to distinguish when to hit a certain pad and cymbal together and when it's just one or the other in more complicated sections. I don't know if it's just me but I found it really hard to tell what to play when the bass pedal got more active and there was more notes as opposed to Harmonix games where I could easily tell and more than once I couldn't tell if it was just one note or a double tap or if the note was exactly on the bass pedal or in front of it.Read more ›
I played with a 4 year old over the weekend and he loves the drums and with the super easy mode he can still go for the correct colored pads but hitting the wrong one on occasion doesn't hurt the score or his fun factor. Playing the Ghostbusters challenge really lit up his face as did mine.
Adding a Hendrix song to the RB catalog was my largest personal draw as well as a few other tracks I enjoy. All songs in this game do export to Rock Band 2 for the $10 license fee. Also something like 200 of the more family friendly songs of the regular rock band catalog will import to the Lego game for free.
The gameplay doesn't bring much more to the screen, but my kids like the graphics better here than on the regular games. I prefer to fire up RB3 and import these songs there.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Note: You can no longer use the included export DLC in order to export so you can activate this in other versions (including Xbox One's Rockband 4).Published 4 months ago by T. Waldrop
This is one of my favorite games. It plays perfectly and showed up on time.Published 12 months ago by Amanda
Finally family appropriate song lyrics! We play for hours and hours as a family or the kids play alone or with friends! All around great buy.Published 12 months ago by Rebecca Abernathy