Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - Nintendo DS
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Format: Video Game|Change

VINE VOICEon March 25, 2011
I bought this for my 4 year old as he loves Star Wars and has already completed the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga DS game. I had downloaded the demo version of this game on my PS3 for him to play while we waited for it to be released. I was blown away by the PS3 version but my 4 year old wanted to be able to play it anywhere, hence the DS version.

I was worried that the DS version would be a stripped down version compred to the other consoles and it is to a point but it still has plenty of levels and the graphics are surprisngly good. Comparing it to the older Star Wars games, they changed a few things up like how you select which player to be. Instead of transferring from one player to another, you have to select the person in the botton screen. Also, you get tips on which guy to be as different characters have different abilities. Its not just Jedi vs. guns anymore (or using a non-Jedi to swing across something) but rather having multiple tasks such as blowing something up with a heavy armed trooper or using a Jedi like Count Dooku that has greater power to move something.

I also like the targeting system for people with gund like the various troopers. There are many missions where you have to target different areas of rocks or gates to open something or take down a big enemy. I also LOVE the new flying missions. Those weremy least favorite in the older agmes as I found them to be repetitvie and my thumb would hurt after a while. The new flying levels use better graphics and are typicall shorter but I enjoy them a lot more.

We haven't finished all of the game yet but I find that my son enjoys running around the space station setting where you can buy new characters, get more studs, play mini games, etc... A lot like the complete saga game but the environment is much larger. In fact, at first, I had a hard time finding where to go for missions!

My 2 complaints about the game and why I didn't give it a 5 star rating are as follows:

1. The game does not allow you to save within a story. Each story mission is broken up into 3 acts and each act is quite long. My 4 year old gets frustrated playing it at times and will elect to go back to the hub station which throws out any progress made, even if he is on Act 3. Unless I am missing a way to save, this is a big negative in my book.

2. So far, through 7 missions, none of the big bads are tough to beat yet. In some stories, there are large robots that look like they are tough to be but 2 shots by a trooper will cause things like rocks falling on the robot detroying it or closing a drawbridge to crush it. I know its Lego and they are not meant to be hard but the DS version is very easy. Young players will get stuck trying to figure out what to do next rather tham defeating the enemy.

Overall, I enjoy this game. My son likes it but claims its too long. He still prefers his original Lego Star Wars game but I find he still does not want to take out the new one yet because he is still collecting the new characters.

Because I enjoyed the PS3 demo so much, I decided to buy that version as well. Looking forward to wasting time on that version soon! Maybe my 4 year old will play it to since the levels do appear to be different.
on February 7, 2013
I bought this game for our children (4, 6, and 8 years old) and all three of them love it. The game is easy enough for a 4 year old and challenging enough for an 8 year old as well as someone my age. With its easy controls and not having to start over when losing all of your hearts, it is the perfect game for a child of any game playing age.

I would suggest this game to any parent who is looking for an age appropriate game that is both fun and challenging. It is also fun for adults and can be fun to play it with your child. It is a great buy.
on January 28, 2013
I purchased this game for my son who is a LEGO lover. He has really enjoyed playing this game and is also really excited about the Star Wars characters as well. I would definitely reccommend this to anyone with children in his age range (he is 7 now.)
on August 30, 2011
Bought for my 10 year old, He loves it and plays with it often, but my 6 year old loovvees it, can't get enough. pretty much they only game they play on the ds.
on February 17, 2016
l am so disappointed! This game was supposed to be a birthday present for my son. lt arrived in a plain jewel box with no cover art or manual. The description specifically said the cover art and manual would be included. Now l have to return it and hope I can can order another one in time.
on May 8, 2011
I bought this game for my six-year old, to complement his PS3 version of the same title. Needless to say, he absolutely loves it. The gameplay is suitable for a child, AND an adult. It's challenging, but not to the point of being frustrating for either of us. We have a Nintendo DSi and a Nintendo DS Lite, and the game worked flawlessly with both systems.

Shipping was very quick (we are stationed in Germany, and rely on APO shipping. With Amazon Prime, we get most prime-eligible items in five working days).

Unlocking all the little minifigs is challenging (and there are MANY), but adds an extra depth to the game that increases the "re-playability" factor. Of the Lego titles, he currently owns Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Lego Rock Band, and this title. Of all the Lego series, he was most engrossed with this one.

I highly recommend this title for all audiences!
on July 9, 2013
My kids have loved every (Wii and DS) game from the Lego Star Wars series, and this one is no exception. In fact, they've enjoyed this one even more than the earlier games, but I think that has more to do with the characters in this game being from the Clone Wars (they're very interested in that part of the Star Wars story right now) than any particular aspect of the video game itself. For just over $12 from Amazon, I recommend this DS game to anyone with kids who enjoy Star Wars.
on April 11, 2013
this was a gift to our grandson for x-mas and he loves it. his parents say that he plays it almost to much. when we go for a vist he is playing it and we have to also. I think its a bit advanced for grandpa though.
on February 6, 2013
My Son (5) LOVES lego star wars and batman that we have for Wii, I saw this and picked it up for the DS, what a great thing. He loves it and it is a lifesaver when we have to be in a waiting room or etc.
on May 14, 2011
Bought this for our son as an Easter treat...oh my oh my oh my! He is just lovin this game and really thinks it's just the best in the Lego Star Wars Set... I love these Lego themed games and our son is a huge fan of them as well. This one is challenging, fun and even though he has already completed most of the "levels" he assures me that it's one he'll never get tired of playing!