Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 262 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 305 reviews
on January 25, 2016
If you're wondering whether to purchase the 5th edition or rent the 6th edition, go with the 5th edition. I have both and they are EXACTLY the same, only the 5th has a much better quality. It looks like they were in a hurry to release the 6th edition because the pictures look HORRIBLE. They're blurry, the arrows pointing at stuff are broken. Some font they use is super blurry, too. Take in mind the same images are on the 5th edition, only in the high resolution you would expect. The 6th edition was completely unnecessary in my opinion.
on May 30, 2013
I actually really enjoy reading this book while taking my biochemistry course in college. It explains difficult concepts very well and the diagrams/figures are awesome for understanding different biochemical processes such as glycolysis.
on February 3, 2015
Amazingly well-written Biochemistry text. I'm returning to the subject for a graduate course after a few years off as a student. Easy to understand, relevant illustrations, and helpful examples. My one disappointment is that the answers for end-of-chapter exercises are given but not thoroughly explained - the accompanying guidebook needs to be purchased if you want to know how to solve the problems. Other than that, this resource is exemplary!
on September 18, 2010
The book is a great resource for learning biochemistry at a fast pace. I'm using it in my Fundamental of Biological Design course, in which we go over a variety of related fields at breakneck speed (3 weeks of biochemistry, 2 weeks of engineering, 1 week of imaging, 3 weeks of genetics, etc..). I had never taken a course in biochemistry during my undergraduate career and this book has proven invaluable in my PhD career.

I would suggest this book to anybody who wants to learn biochemistry at a discussable level, quickly.
on January 27, 2013
Let's not kid ourselves, Biochemistry is no walk in the park. It sucks. Even if you like chemistry and biology, which I do, it is still a difficult subject when you are moving through the material for the first time. The book has been really helpful in supplementing the lectures. However, I do find that at times the text is very dense, and can sometimes be misleading. It usually takes a few passes on some of the concepts before I can actually grasp what the book is saying and how it fits into the larger picture of the system being examined. It is a good book, but the organization in some areas seems strange.
on December 8, 2016
for a long time now I am trying to study this material using YouTube and other academic book; But nothing could really compare to this life saving book!!! If you have self discipline and you are studying this complicated subject on your own, this is the book for you! it incredibly simplifies complex concepts. Thank god for Lehninger and Co. :)
on July 25, 2013
This book was required for me for my Biochemistry class (upper level) and I found that I really liked it. Although it's very lengthy and can take a while to read, it's informative and I was never left without enough information to adequately prepare for exams.
on April 7, 2017
Good book quality as described in ad, nice price and on time delivery ++++
on March 8, 2017
It covers basic biochemistry in understandable way (mostly). Useful images, historical notes are helpful and interesting. Example part is somewhat hard.
on September 2, 2014
I agree with several other people. The content is there, and the book is written well, but the print quality is just horrid.
The text is USUALLY fine, but the pictures are usually not.
There are entire pages that are blurry, or the image colors don't line up. One page looked like a bad powerpoint 3d text font thing. There were shadows under every word on the page.