- File Size: 673 KB
- Print Length: 82 pages
- Publisher: Kindle Worlds (April 9, 2015)
- Publication Date: April 9, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00VQWUE5W
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #324,011 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Lei Crime Series: Half Moon Girls (Kindle Worlds Novella) Kindle Edition
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was not familiar with The Lei Crime Series until I read Half Moon Girls, so I don't have the full context for all the characters. After reading this novella, I found that doesn't really matter. The lightning fast action of this crime story grabs a hold of you and won't let you breathe until the last page sneaks up on you.
Mrs. O'Flynn's strength in storytelling is her ability to grab you at the start and keep you interested each step of the way. For me, this is especially important for a crime novel, where diligent attention to detail is critical to success. I knew who the characters were, knew how they interacted, cared about them and knew how they would deal with a wild card like the Dr. Polly Harris. What a great counter balance in personality to Lei
Another hidden gem was the vivid detail of the scenery and surroundings of Kauai throughout the novella. I have never been to Hawaii, but I think everyone has a vision of what it would be like, don't they? Mrs. O'Flynn painted an excellent rendition of a tropical paradise I have stored in my head. Bonus for me!
Perfect timing for the start of my Kindle Unlimited free trial to dive into the world The Lei Crime Series that Toby Neal has created. If Half Moon Girls is indicative of the quality of the world, I know I won't be disappointed.
- The ending’s a little abrupt, but the mystery unfolds at a nice pace.
- There were some threads that seemed to go nowhere. I’m being purposefully vague to avoid spoilers, but some aspects of the investigation seemed hyped up for no reason.
- The medical examiner was suitably quirky. Dr. Harris was nicely fleshed out for a side character.
- To my knowledge, the story doesn’t contain any spoilers for those who haven’t yet read the Lei Crime Series canon. I believe this story fits near the second book. (Jack Jenkins is her partner and she’s a detective…definitely not first book.)
- The bad guy’s a little stock, but that’s not a terrible thing.
- This novella also brings up a topic that’s close to my heart. And the title fits well.
Conclusion: Well worth reading.
Corrine O'Flynn did a great job of capturing the style and character of Lei in her own version of an island crime with national implications.
Kidnapping young women for devious, international trade is happening in Kauai and Lei finds herself with a deadly crime and time is of the essence in solving it. Another intense scenerio for Lei. I am loving the Kindle versions of Toby Neals best sellers. Can't put them down !