- File Size: 1689 KB
- Print Length: 187 pages
- Publisher: Kindle Worlds (May 11, 2017)
- Publication Date: May 11, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0725KHCZZ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #445,686 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Lei Crime Series: Pele's Revenge (Kindle Worlds) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reef has returned to his home on the island after living in California. He grew tired of the undercover work there and its affect on his crumbling marriage. Although he and his ex are still very close they realize that it is over. On his first day on the job he encounters a beautiful and intriguing woman who is the assistant Medical Examiner. Tilley has had it rough. She is the widow to a local police officer that was believed to have been on the take. While working on the mysterious case...a body half buried by Pele's fury, the two become close. But when hard to believe facts start cropping up Reef is questioning his ability to look clearly at the evidence.
The more I read this author's vivid descriptions I find my need to visit my neighboring island more.
I truly enjoyed this book and just have one request...can we please have the rest of Tilley and Reef's story???? Please?
I loved this adventure and can't wait to read more. I highly recommend this great book based on the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii!
I don't do spoilers. Read the book and enjoy. But what I will do is list what I loved about this book:
* beautiful, spectacular scenery that enhances, not distracts
* cracking sense of humour - some really good lines, understated sarcasm to great effect, and lovely mental images (like Pono having to take Reef to one side to TIDY UP between eating food and meeting important people)
* really intriguing investigative process (sleuthing fans will enjoy this)
* gentle, real romance brewing in the background that had its hiccups but made me feel all fuzzy, too.
* Uniqueness. I didn't know a volcano had so many ways of showing her disapproval. I believe it, now.