Leica 18752 D-Lux 5 Leather Case
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Features -
- The 2-piece utility set includes a 3-inch parer and kitchen shears
- Expertly crafted in Solingen, Germany from high-carbon no-stain steel; laser cut instead of stamped for higher precision
- Compound-tapered blades laser tested for sharpness and correct cutting angle; specially tempered to maintain edges for a long time
- Knife features a full-tang and high-impact, 3-rivet handle; shears come apart for easy cleaning
|Compatible Devices||Leica D-Lux 5|
|Package Height||3.3 x 4.1 x 6.1 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.45 pounds|
Leica D-Lux 5 leather case
Top Customer Reviews
The design of the case fits very tight the camera, therefore you need a strap to pull it out, and the case has no strap for the camera included (D-Lux 4 case from Leica had it). The problem is that you can not either use the original strap that comes with the D-Lux 5, as the camera will not fit inside the case. Therefore is a very good looking case, but is not functional due to the missing strap for the camera.
I believe a major reason people purchase the D-Lux 5 over the Panasonic LX5 is for the great history of Leica, and perhaps some very slight styling differences. If this is important to you and you enjoy the nostalgia of photography and Leica then this is the perfect accessory for your camera.
- Storage: the camera fits snugly and appears to be well protected/cushioned. The adjustable shoulder strap looks and works great. The belt loop is stitched well and is securely and snugly attached to the back of the case. The case is held shut by a magnetic flap, which works well. I have found the camera easy to extract from the case, whether the case is on your belt or the shoulder strap.
- Minuses: The shoulder strap that came with the camera does not fit in the case, giving you the choice of removing the strap from the camera or having the strap hang out of the case (neither attractive nor functional). Third party straps will have the same problems. The case works better with a wrist strap (NOT supplied with the case), but the strap hangs out of the case. Of course, the case does not work with a view finder or hand grip.
- Overall: a nice looking, well constructed storage/travel case that is not that functional when I am actually using the camera. For practical reasons (as well as looks), I don't like having straps hang out of my camera case, and I DO need a strap (wrist or shoulder/neck) to protect my camera. There are (non-Leica) alternatives that are much more functional and protect the camera just as well. The leather's flaws are minor but, combined with the lack of functionality, should be considered when looking at a $100+ camera case.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Classic 1940s look that fits the camera like a glove and protects it. Competes the Leica experience and is great for travel.Published on December 11, 2013 by James Walsh
I purchased this product a month ago. When I received, it was just as expected true Leica leather with high quality and vintage design and it fits well and tight the camera. Read morePublished on September 26, 2011 by Victor
This is a fantastic case... It looks like an old and vintage, however It's modern. For the people who loves Leica.
Don't buy other case this is the one. Read more