Leifheit 03046 Comfortline Gourmet Cutter
|Price:||$10.15 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$1.16 (10%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy to operate food slicer that is perfect for uniform slices of garlic, parmesan, chocolate, and spices with a simple twist of the hand
- Comfortline products are designed for practicality, with a focus on ergonomics and fuctionality
- Manufactured in white ABS plastic for clean, simple style
- Soft red thermoplastic ensures comfort and non-slip stability
- Dishwasher safe with a 3-year guarantee
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Here are my comments on the Leifheit Cutter:
-Truly effortless operation. We had a Bodum slicer before (has since been discontinued) and I never knew that slicing garlic could be so easy! One hardly notices that something is happening at all but then the clove is already sliced oh-so-thinly and one is done.
- The cutter is designed to constantly move the garlic clove around while the upper part is turned so the clove never gets stuck, a problem we occasionally had with the Bodum.
- The red bottom part is actually a removable stand/lid. Practical for either keeping the slices contained until using them, or for protecting the countertop surface from sticky garlic residue...
- So easy to clean. High marks for that! The inner part can be removed with two side push tabs, separating the container from the actual blade part. All parts can go in the dishwasher and because the cutter can be so neatly taken apart, there are virtually no "nooks and crannies" where food could get stuck.
CONS (minor, but want to mention them regardless):
- Our old Bodum slicer locked the top part to the bottom part and the garlic was sliced by only turning the top handle. The Leifheit in contrast does not lock, requiring a little bit of pushing down and turning at the same time. As I mentioned above, operation is really effortless, but I still think it would be even easier if the slight push-down wouldn't be required at all.Read more ›
One reviewer suggests that the design should not require any effort to press and turn. I don't have an electric garlic press (is there such a thing?) and this takes less effort than a garlic press which one squeezes. As for the top not being attached to the bottom, the item is small enough to be picked up whole with one hand.
Cleaning could not be easier. All the garlic is sliced and perhaps one has to poke the last slice out, but that is all. Rinse and you are done.
-Makes paper thin slices
-Small so doesnt take up a lot of space
-Easy to clean
-Need to push down firmly and twist at the same time
-Makes "shaved" thin slices (depends on what your preference is, some may not like the flimsy feel of the flaky thin slices)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Makes garlic slices that are TOO thin and requires a inordinate amount in doing so. I wish I had bought another model. Money wasted. Would not recommend them .Published 26 days ago by tshylo
This slices garlic perfectly! We put slices of fresh garlic on pizza, and this makes that task so much easier. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Hammerhead71
The product is great for quickly making slivers of something. I use it for ginger and garlic, when I want to add some extra flavor in a soup or stir fry.Published 1 month ago by Jeffrey A Scott
Easy to use, easy to clean! Slice several cloves at a time! Can apply more pressure while turning for extra thin Slices or average pressure for regular slices, I love it and will... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Adrienne Nappi
Normally I don't review items that do what they are supposed to do, but I LOVE this item and just had to post. Read morePublished 3 months ago by D. Asher