Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Size: 1-Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on April 12, 2016
Usually I buy a bottle of filter cleaner, soak it for 8 hours or overnight, typically when I do a water change, then rinse the filter, put it back in the hot tub and fight foam for 2 weeks. This cleaner is different. First off, you spray your filter cartridge, which turns blue with the product so you can see your coverage. I let it soak for 10 mins, washed the cartridge until it rinsed clean and re-inserted it. All in, took me 20 min, a sprinkled a little foam down while I ran the tub and I'm set. I'm very impressed with this cleaner. It made my 100 sq foot filter cartridge look brand new. I used about 1/2 the bottle to clean my 100 sq foot cartridge and I probably used too much cleaner, so do the math with how many uses you'll get out of a bottle. I typically use Leisure Time products in my tub and I'm happy with them, this one will be going into my chemical cabinet for good. Very good product!
on March 31, 2015
It worked well to clean the filter, or at least appeared to be clean. But don't make the same mistake I did - you REALLY need to work to wash all of this stuff out of the filter before you put your filter back in your spa, else you end up with a heap of foam. I like leisure time products, but this just didn't work out for me. I ended up draining, rinsing and refilling the spa to deal with the foam. I think from now on I will just power wash (water only) the filter or replace it.
on December 7, 2011
I really like this product, as it works so well at removing scale and grime. It includes both a sealed bottle of cleaning formula and a spray nozzle that you put on after removing the bottle cap. After spraying this product on the dirty cartridge filters from my hot tub and letting them soak for a few minutes, they then hose-off easily and the cartridge pleats are looking bright white again. I go through this product fairly quickly and just wish it was a bit cheaper for the small 16-ounce bottle.
on August 3, 2015
Not the cheapest cleaner on the block by all means, but it works great. One of the features I did like is it gives your filter a hint of blue so you know when you have completely sprayed it down. I will say after straying 4 pool filters that your hand will be cramping, so make sure you have a few hours to clean everything. Half of a bottle coated all my filters and I let it sit for about 10 mins. Now the most important part...MAKE SURE YOU RINSE IT OFF VERY WELL....otherwise you will get foam in your pool. This product made the dirt wash away and restored the filters to their white look, so I am happy. Anyone that tells you it foamed in your pool means they didn't wash the filter head to toe a few times.
on March 23, 2017
Note: The picture shows spray heads on the bottles. Nope. It only comes with the bottles. Not helpful. At all.
on July 20, 2016
This product worked great on cleaning my pool filter. I have a Hayward XStream 1500 and needed to clean out the filter after an initial filling, so the filter was pretty dirty. Follow the instructions and make sure to rinse thoroughly. The filter looked almost new and performed almost equal to a brand new unit. It took about 1/3 of the bottle to clean the entire filter, but this is much cheaper than purchasing a new filter cartridge! I bought the two bottle kit after reading the reviews, and I'm happy to say that it works great.
on December 13, 2016
After five minutes of this stuff sprayed on our swim spa filters, all of the filth just rinses right off with a low pressure kitchen sink sprayer. It was feeling wasteful to use the outside hose on a pressure wash setting. SO much water to get into each crevice. I don't submerge the filters - I just spray them and then quickly rinse them out. Doesn't take a lot of water to remove all of the solution. Swim spa is staying balanced and clean.
on May 7, 2017
Spray on filter let set for five minutes and hose off. It works well and a bottle should last a long time.
on April 16, 2016
I had an older hot tub that I found for free and restored. Since I wanted to make sure of its operation before I put any money into it I didn't want to buy a new filter yet. I used this because of the reviews I read here.

I was surprised at how well it cleaned. At first you could see the muck coming out of the old filter with just plain water on the spray hose. I did this until I couldn't get anything else out of the filter. They I sprayed this on and let it set a few minutes. This time when I sprayed it suds up quite a bit. It took a lot of spraying from inside and out until the water stated to come clean (without suds). I am not sure how much this pulled out of the filter but by doing it until the water ran clean I knew that I had thoroughly got the filter clean. The only issue afterwards was there was a small amount of suds during the first run with the filter. This lasted maybe 3 minutes into running and then faded quickly. This is probably normal.

I have used this serval times since and the filter is still working great. I do this maybe once to twice a month. No problems and it has saved quite a lot of money on new filters every 6 months.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 12, 2016
Many of the reviews state that there is a sprayer head that comes with this...makes sense seeing it is a spray product. Mine did not come with a spray head and I ended up having to go to the dollar store to purchase a spray bottle. The listing gives the directions to spray but is elusive on whether or not there is a spray head included.

It came with a piece of packing tape over the lid. This was miserable to try and remove as it appears to be incredibly strong adhesive. Ended up having to cut it off and pry all the small pieces off.

Bottom Line: The product itself works ok but given the issues with the spray head and super tape, I will try another product next time.

Please feel free to ask any questions about my review in the comment section and I will try to quickly respond. I hope my review has been supportive, enlightening, or most importantly helpful to you. My goal is to continue to be helpful to other Amazon shoppers in making informed purchasing decisions in the sea of choices available.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.