iPhone 5S Battery Case, Lenmar Meridian 2300 mAh MFI Approved [Slim] [Extended Battery Charger] [100% Additional Battery Life], Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Black Rubberized Case with access to all ports - MFI CERTIFIED- 1 Year Warranty
- Capacity: 2300mAh = 1 full charge providing hours of extended use, Input: 5V/1A - charging the phone from the battery pack
- LED power indicator for battery power level, on-off power to control when to use the extra power
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Meridian iPhone 5/5s Rechargeable Extended Battery Case for iPhone 5/5s - AT&T, Sprint, Verizon
Your New iPhone Deserves Extra Power
Getting rid of your power boundaries so you can have more time to talk, text, surf, work and play.. Let's Go!
The rubberized slim sleek profile protective case keeps your iPhone 5/5s safe with out adding extra bulk. Protection from drops, bumps and scratches. On/Off function to control when to give your phone extra power. The LED indicator lights will show the status of the case's battery life. Easy access to all functionalities - Volume, headphone jack, speakers, camera and power.
Includes: Micro-USB to USB charging cable, Headphone Extension Cable
Extended Battery Life
The internal battery of 2300mAh provides 1 full charge providing hours of extended use! This case will double your iPhone 5/5s battery life.
Input: 5V/700mAh max - charging of the battery pack
Output 5V/1A - charging the phone from the battery pack
Cell Type: Li-polymer battery
Case Dimensions: 138mm x 65 mm x 15mm
Note: Please remove any screen protector from the backside of your iPhone 5 as this may cause the Meridian case not to fit properly.
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-3 of 1,226 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: it stopped charging after 1 month. I'm sending it in for warranty replace. That's a pain. Very disappointed.
As a case, the plastic feels a little on the cheaper and harder side, and I don't really know how it would survive a hard fall (I haven't tested it). There isn't much of a lip between the screen and the case, although it is there. It feels ok in the hand, but if you're holding it for a while and it's either hot out or the phone is charging, it can get a little slippery. I generally like cases to have a bit of a rubbery feel to them, but it's not a deal-breaker here. Another minor gripe noted by others - the headphone jack is pretty much inaccessible when you have this case on your iPhone. It comes with a little extender thingy, but it's easy to lose and not a great solution.
As a charger, it's flawless. Once your iPhone battery hits the red, you can generally charge it back up to 100%, and it doesn't take very long to get there. The case battery charges quickly as well, generally less than an hour to go from dead to full. It's an absolute life-saver when traveling.
If Lenmar ever updated this case to feel a little better while fixing the headphone jack issue, it would be five stars. It's totally functional, though, and it's helped me out many times, so I'm happy to give this a 'buy.'
As for performance, I've been very happy with this battery case. I actually recently replaced the battery in my phone recently and so I haven't needed to depend on this case as the source for the majority of my battery life, but it seems to charge the phone very quickly without using much of its power reserves. My one complaint with the battery maintenance is that, after charging the case with the phone attached, the case will automatically remain in a "charging" state until turned off. This means that I must remember to stop charging the phone after unplugging the phone. Not a crazy inconvenience, just a weird quirk.
I have a few complaints about the case aesthetics:
1) The 3.5mm audio jack is very difficult to reach. They accounted for this by providing a ~3 inch adapter that can reach the jack easier, but I honestly don't want to carry they're bulky adapter around to use my headphones.
2) The case doesn't reach around the front of the phone much at all. This means that, if you set the phone face-down on a table, it will be resting on the phone's screen rather than the edge of the case. This doesn't affect me much because I use a nice glass screen protector, but could be a concern for others. I'm assuming they did this because they've already added so much bulk to the back of the case that they wanted to minimize any further bulk added to the phone.
3) I got the gold color of this case, and contrary to what is listed on the Amazon description, it is NOT a rubberized matte texture like the black version. I don't know if this is Amazon's fault or Lenmar's fault, but this is basically false advertising and is pretty disappointing for me because I greatly prefer the rubberized feel over a glossy plastic. I have a white phone, so I didn't want to get the black color even though I wanted the rubberized finish. This is the primary reason I deducted two stars from this product. The glossy plastic isn't bad, but it certainly doesn't add anything to the case and doesn't help me hold onto my hefty phone.
4) If you keep the phone in the case all the time (as most people will), you will have to downgrade from the lighting connector to USB Micro-B as your daily charging port. Pretty unfortunate to give up the really nice connector, but something I can accept as a necessary compromise.
Despite these complaints, I would still recommend this case to anyone looking for a practical case to address the iPhone's poor battery life (one if its greatest shortcomings). It's not aesthetically perfect, especially with the compromises on the audio & charging ports, but the extra functionality will be very useful.