|Screen Size||11.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920x1080|
|Processor||2 GHz Core i7-3667U|
|RAM||8 GB DDR3L SDRAM|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Hard Drive||256 GB flash_memory_solid_state|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5.6 hours|
Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 36984SU 11.6-Inch Convertible 2 in 1 Touchscreen Ultrabook (2 GHz Intel Core i7-3667U Processor, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Windows 8)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The machine: Fabulous. (Note: I am specifically not going to review Windoze 8, except to say I find it takes too many clicks or gestures to do anything and the interface is obtuse -- but it is mostly useable, with patience.)
I am a working travel photographer and also dabble in web site management. (Doesn't everybody nowadays?) I was looking for a machine that could combine functions so I would have to carry less when traveling. After several weeks of use, I conclude: The Lenovo Helix is totally cool. It is attractive, small, light, flexible, has good battery life, and runs everything I've thrown at it.
In short: It works. I no longer carry a separate laptop (for work) and iPad (casual use, entertainment, and light work in transit); this one Lenovo Helix does it all. One thin machine and one small power supply, vice two of each: Weighs less, fits better, does everything I need. As a bonus, this machine is faster/more powerful and has more working memory (RAM) than my old laptop -- no compromises to use the latest versions of my software.Read more ›
* Battery life really can hit 10 hours even though it's an i7, 256GB SATA III SSD , with 8 GB RAM. With the digitizer it's powerful enough to be used as a pretty effective graphic design device.
* Rip and flip mode is actually pretty handy when using it as a tablet (more so than the hinge less Surface Pro)
* Keyboard battery idea is well engineered and works like the Asus tablets. The tablet's battery is always given charge priority over the keyboard dock's battery, so when both are plugged in the tablet charges while the KB trickle charges. Once the tablet is full, the KB charges at full speed. When docked but unplugged, the KB powers the device -and- transfers its juice to the tablet to recharge its battery. You can also plug the KB in by itself to charge the KB dock's battery while you continue to use the tablet. If you really wanted to, you could use the tablet indefinitely and never actually plug it directly into the wall if you alternate using it with the KB dock.
* With vPro Rapid Boot full hibernation takes less than 7 seconds to restore between pressing the power button and actually getting a useable desktop. Cold boot's pretty close to that. Sleep restore is instant.
* Large, multitouch touchpad is actually usable and works very well. It's on par with the touchpad I had on my Macbook Pro. Eraser mouse also works well and is a nice alternative to have for apps that don't work well with touchpads (such as games like Minecraft).
* Well-built hinge design is sturdier than any other similar tablets I've used.Read more ›
I've only had mine for a week but Im loving it. I returned a Samsung ATIV 7000 which would have been great if the dock wasnt terrible and the wifi bad. The Helix is a much better built machine. Mine gets amazing battery life possibly more then 10 hours with the extra battery thats in the dock. I didnt charge it for a week, used it several hours a day, and I never did a complete shut down. The screen is wonderful minus the glare, and the pen works well after updates. Everything is built well on it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice idea with the way you can flip the monitor around, however this construction means that the computer is top heavy. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Esra Caglayan
Something is wrong because the computer locks up and goes dead. It is that the computer becomes unresponsive to any input. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Lynn
I recently posted the following comment on the Lenovo website and was told that they will not publish it:
I have purchased IBM /Lenovo laptops for about 20 years and... Read more
Do NOT ever HOLD it merely by the keyboard (by the corners for example). It will break within minutes. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Mo
Solid piece of kit with an excellent key board which makes it a much better buy that the surface pro with key board
Spec is good, performance as good as I will ever need
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.