Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on July 1, 2013
I look around and did research on this model, and like what I learned. What I did was to upgrade the memory to 16 Gigs and replaced the power supply with one rated at 600 watts. I put in a GTX 670 and it would not work, so I had to call EVGA tech support to see what the problem was. It was due to some bios setting on the motherboard. The machine runs real good now. The max amount of memory for this motherboard is 16 Gigs. The original power supply was o.k., but it was not enough for my video card, so I had to upgrade it.
EVGA Support stated "If the Lenovo is new and came with Windows 8 there is a setting in the computer's BIOS that is preventing it from starting up with the graphics card. What you'll want to do is take out the video card and plug your monitor to either the onboard video or a video card that came with the computer and then boot into the BIOS setup. For Lenovo desktops, press F1 or F12 to enter into the BIOS Setup. Under the tab ""Security"" there will be a ""Secure Boot"" menu where the only option in the menu would be to Enable/Disable Secure Boot. Disable the Secure Boot option and then move over to the ""Startup"" tab. Under the Startup tab, change ""Launch CSM Configuration"" to Enable, keep ""Boot Mode"" as Automatic, and change ""Boot Priority"" to Legacy First. While still under startup, change ""Quick Boot"" to Disable. With those settings changed, Save/Exit out of the BIOS. Once those settings are changed you will be able to save and exit. When the computer starts into Windows shut it down, and install the graphics card normally. The graphics should now be displaying through the video card."
on December 27, 2012
I use this computer for small tasks and in the near future school. I can definitely notice a nice boost in the speed and the add ons from Lenovo are pretty cool, id say a little more than my HP laptop I have, Im running Windows 8, so lik everyone out there right now, there are a lot of updates.

using the speed boost switch - I don't really notice a difference while browsing or in the middle of something, if there is it is very slight. I am connected via WiFi so definitely liking the ability to have the PC anywhere I want without worrying about a Ethernet cable.

the mouse and keyboard are nice, however, I would prefer a slightly larger keyboard..but the buttons are nice and smooth and great response.

my main plus besides the wifi is the HDMI output, I have this connected to a Samsung 32 inch tv. (maybe a little too large) and the picture quality is fantastic!! no lagging or heavy pixelated images. I would definitely try to hook up via HDMI and look for it in the future as well!!
on October 1, 2013
We purchased this system to run a demanding 3 camera X-Split video editing bay live with multiple transparencies being switched on the fly in 720p and the system does not even sweat. I thought noise might be an issue but it is nice and quiet, looks like a million bucks, and with a few tweaks to the annoying Windows 8 preinstalled it now runs like a dream. This is the second Levono we've bought and there will be a third.
on September 23, 2013
I bought this computer from Amazon 9 months ago. I have no complaints about the machine. This is my second Lenovo, and I have no regrets on that count. I even kind of like Windows 8. It took about an hour and a few web searches to get used to it (like how to shut it down), but now it has become second nature. Challenging software (like Photoshop) run lightning fast and using the Chrome browser is like sliding on ice.

What I don't understand, however, are some of the aesthetic choice made by Lenovo. First, it is the ugliest system box I have ever seen. It is big enough to qualify as a small piece of furniture. Is it too much to ask to make it attractive?

My second complaint is that unnecessary and ridiculous throbbing light on the front. I knew there would be a light from the product photos. What I didn't know was that at would constantly pulsate bright-dim-bright-dim-bright-dim... It reminds me of a cheap 1950's sci-fi movie effect. Has anyone figured out how to turn it off?

UPDATE: I figured out how to turn that throbbing light off. Hit the small switch next to the main power switch. I was a bit harsh. My mistake, it was just too simple. Adding a star.
on July 29, 2013
I am greatly satisfied with this system. It is so fast in everything that it does. I basically just use it to type letters and e-mail messages. I don't play games on it. I also use it to look up information on the internet. A super computer for the Price.
on February 8, 2015
Good computer. Good RAM and processor is quick.
on January 11, 2013
My eight year old Emachine was fading fast and I wanted a replacement before it died completely. I'm not a gamer and the most demanding software I run is Photoshop lite and Dreamweaver, so this system is probably overkill for my needs.

The "out of the box" experience was painless, other than having to deal with Windows 8. The fans in this machine are extremely quiet, the machine feels solid. It would be nice if more of the USB ports were on top or in front, rather than in back, so far that's my only quibble.
on August 8, 2013
Bought this for my video production company to replace some aging iMacs we were using as editing systems, this thing blows them completely out of the water. What used to take me 16 hours to compress I can now do in an hour or two. Not much else to say about it other than if you're looking for raw power in a pre-built system without spending a fortune this one is a diamond in the rough.
on October 9, 2013
I run an autocad bases software for commercial building projects and this pc handles it beautifully. Had to bump up my memory to handle large files but other than that it keeps up much better than my previous pc.
on March 6, 2013
My old dell was in need of a power supply so i bought this computer. Overall, it's extremely fast and smooth. Plenty of RAM and processor speed for most applications. I've been very happy with the purchase.
The graphics card that came with it is lacking however. If you intend on doing any gaming go ahead and get a new graphics card, you'll be happy you did.
As far as i can tell the Turbo option has no real effect at all on performance. I just leave it set to Turbo all the time. It's very quiet even with the graphics card and CPU at 100% load.
You really can't go wrong with this machine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.