Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
on February 14, 2013
I was really worried about the ergonomics of this keyboard as I am a programmer who needs a solid keyboard at all times. The strange shape of the keys seems exaggerated in the picture, because they feel great. I love the backlighting, and there are only 2 complaints I really have.

The 0 key on the numberpad is tiny, and I am always hitting right arrow.

And the track-pad is indeed awful. I always use an external USB mouse, so it isn't that much of a problem for me, but if I was on the road in a hurry, the 'entire-trackpad-is-1-button' thing is really bad.

But I don't want to end on a sour note because this is the fastest machine I've ever touched. I'm about to start loading it up with games. After seeing it play Far Cry 3 with kick-butt settings on youtube, I have very high hopes!
on March 11, 2013
I had a MacBook Pro (from 2008) until a few months ago. Died on me and wasn't worth it to fix it. I work in ITS on Lenovo comps for a university, so I was VERY skeptical to get this machine. Wow was I wrong. Lenovo's "real" line of laptops (as I will call them) are SOOOOO much better than the ones they sell to universities. I mean this this is just a beast of a machine. Feels great, runs great, and having the SSD is really awesome (all the drivers are on there so it takes ~5-10 sec. to boot up). Really happy with this purchase (also got the highly acclaimed Square protection plan in case something breaks). I have played every game you could think of on this guy and it runs great. Highest settings for the newest Counter Strike nooooo problems at all. Highly recommend!
on March 28, 2013
Computer is fast, screen is sharp, sound is excellent.
Not very thrilled with Windows 8 but it is manageable. It does not look like an operating system for a computer... but more for a tablet. Need to get used to it.
I don't know why the operating system was not installed on the SSD. The SSD looks like it is there just to store a backup of the system. It is wasted if it is used for that, in my opinion. Anyway, the machine is very fast, I don't feel yet the need for an SSD.
There is one disappointing thing, the wireless signal is poor. If you have a strong wireless router than it will not be a problem but with a week one you will be very frustrated.

Overall, it is REALLY GREAT.
on April 2, 2013
15.6 inches with 1920 x 1080 resolution <- Great!
i7-3630QM (Quad Core) 2.3GHz <- Good
RAM 8 GB DDR3 <- Okay
Hard Drive 750 GB SATA 5400 RPM with 4GB(?) mSATA SSD <- BAD! I don't like this because I struggled when I installed Windows 7 in my OCZ SSD because without removing mSATA, I couldn't install it.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB <- Good
Average Battery Life (in hours) 6 hours <- Don't believe this... it works less than 4 hours...
Item Weight 6 pounds <- HEAVY...
Flash Memory Size 16 <- is this mSATA? Damn hate this

Mouse pad is so huge... So I always click something while typing...
on June 19, 2013
Bought this back in February to replace my old notebook. Despite all the ominous reviews I have read online about Lenovo laptops, I haven't had a single problem in four months. The performance is smooth both in working and in gaming conditions on Windows.

A minor caveat though: About two days in, my sweaty palms have already left a mark on the palm rest, which is presumably made of brushed aluminum. The palm rest also gets rather warm (so is the area around the heat vent) during normal running conditions, and that makes my hands sweat even more... Just a minor annoyance.
on February 11, 2013
This is the notebook that I dreamed for long! High performance GeForce 660M graphic card, 8G RAM, 1TB HDD, 15 inch FHD screen. And of course with a reasonable price.

Win 8 system took me some weeks to get familiar with, but it's ok.

The only minor problem is the high temperature on then keyboard when the system is in high load. Hope they can fix it in the new model.
on March 12, 2013
The Laptop is awesome. The speed is incredible and the nVidia mx 660, a plus. I'm currently playing CoD: Black Ops 2 on High Res, without lags.
Unfortunately I was experiencing problems with windows start boot, taking more than 4 minutes to start up. Tried to find any solution online, but the only thing I found was that this Lenovo is not compatible with something related to the SSD. Since I remove the SSD card, my problem was solved. Had to do this, cause in my country (Brazil), the warranty does not cover this Laptop.
on July 12, 2014
This thing is a powerhouse. RAM and hard drive are easily upgradeable.

As soon as I got it I wiped windows 8 off and setup windows 7 / arch linux dual boot.

Having mostly Intel internals most of the drivers are no problem with windows or linux. The only issue I had is with the Nvidia card. Hacking driver support together for an M class Nvidia card has been awful.
on July 17, 2013
There are two issues people should be aware of.

1. It gets really, really hot when the nVidia card is in use. The hard drive gets so hot it's above the recommended temp range (>55 C). This could cause premature failure.

2. You can't output the nVidia graphics through HDMI. Only VGA, this will cause issues if you want to hook it up to your TV.

other than that, it works great.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2013
This machine is a beast. The specs are more than adequate to run all of today's high performance games on high/ultra high settings. The 1080p screen is stunning. The weight and portability is average for a gaming laptop. For the amount of power packed in here, I would have expected to pay well over $1300 for this computer. I love it and I would definitely recommend it to anyone considering it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.