Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 8, 2012
So, this'll be my 4th laptop in 2 months, I kid you not! First was a Dell icore 7, piece of junk! 2nd was an HP, and the keyboard made a hollow sound when I typed. 3rd was another HP, WINDOWS 8 FROM HELL! 4th time, I am hoping this bad-boy is a charm.

Love the keyboard!!! Everything seems to be running good, large screen, a-ok thus far. Because I really don't want to go through the hassle of finding another laptop, understatement.

Plus, best bang for my buck, got this at a great price. Wish it would've been an icore 5 or 7, but 3 seems to work just fine. And as far as Windows 8 is concerned, some people like it, and I have nothing nice to say about it. Microsoft made it more complicated, when the whole point of technology is to simplify.

Any which way, if you're looking for a great latop, Lenovo is it!
on March 18, 2013
Bought this for my son (in high school). Works well, not too much crapware on it.

After cleaning up the junk software it is pretty nice except for the touchpad which is in a location where we constantly nudge it with our hands while typing.

Using it with a mouse and the touchpad disabled is great though.
on December 28, 2012
Huge problems with my norton 360 subscription lenovo system with the norton starter
im not the only one with this issue i have to unisntall and reinstall norton everytime
on January 7, 2013
I have purchased this item as a present for my mother, she loved it. The computer helps her very much.
on September 23, 2012
I did not purchase my laptop on Amazon I purchased directly from Lenovo. First I have to say this model comes in 3 different levels, the one listed here is the lower end, they offer a medium and higher end on the website. I bought the medium level directly from Lenovo because I didn't see it listed anywhere else, it came with 8 gigs of ram and 1T hard drive for a sale price lower than 700.00. I made the purchase online like I do many items and that is where the trouble began.

1st problem was my mom was buying this for me as a present so the bill to and ship to address was different. Their website said all you have to do is call the credit card company and let them know that my address was an authorized address and there would be no problems. WRONG, I ordered my laptop on tuesday with an estimated ship date of the following Monday, ok sounds a little long to me but what the heck. Monday came and Monday went and I still did not have a confirmation that the laptop was shipped, Tuesday I called the number on their website only to be advised that there was a hold on the account due to the bill to/ship to were different. They released the account and said that the computer would be built and shipped within 3-5 business days. Well now I am getting irritated because I could have ordered a laptop from just about anywhere else and already gotten it.

Things just kept getting worse. I inquired with their online chat people asking how long from the time you place the order to the time it is shipped and they said about 3 days. I then asked how long from when it's shipped will I get it, and they said that it didn't take to long since it is shipped from within the USA. Well they are wrong, when you order your laptop they process the paperwork for 3-5 days, then it takes another week to build. After it is built it takes yet another week from the time they ship it until the time that you receive it because it is shipped from CHINA NOT USA.

Trying to get status of order: well this is another horror story, their website has you click on a link and give you the order number however the only thing you ever get is check back in another 6 hrs. When you are so fed up with checking back and still getting the same result you finally call and the only thing they can tell you is they sent an email inquiring on my inquiry and I should get a response via email withing 2 business days. Well either I never got responses or when I did they were vague and just said the order was still being processed/or built.

I am due to get this laptop tomorrow, I sure hope that it was worth all the hassle that I have gone through to get this, however if I had to place an order today knowing what I do I might just spend the extra money and get the other laptop if it means getting it in a timely fashion and having good customer service.

I surely hope that I don't have any problems with this machine, their customer service was so lacking during the order processing I would hate to see what it was like if I had a problem.

I will have to update you after I receive the laptop and let you know how it works after a long 3 weeks have gone by since I ordered it.

Product review update: 10/23/2012

I changed my rating of this product due to the quality of the machine, I would have given it 5 stars had I not had so many problems with their customer service. I waited a month before I received my laptop. I would have updated this review earlier but I had much work to catch up on after being without a work laptop for an entire Month.

The graphics are great, the speed is great, loads quickly, the laptop is very quiet I can hardly hear the fan running, I so far have not had any problems with it heating up, it stays cool for the most part. The only time I had to turn on a secondary fan was when I was working on it continuously throughout the day and it wasn't until over 12 hrs later that I had to turn one on.

I did however have a problem with the disc drive after I backed up the whole computer and made reinstall discs I was then notified that there was a problem with the disc drive and it needed updating and I would have to do another backup after that if I wanted re-install discs. Making re-install discs took about 4 discs which are now garbage since I only use the kind you can write to once for that type of application.

The keyboard is a little on the small size and the touch pad is very sensitive. I don't have overly large or small hands but I am constantly hitting the touch pad by accident. This has been most annoying because I feel that if the keyboard was larger like my other laptop I wouldn't be hitting the touch pad quite so much. I wish it had a button on it like the hp ones where you can turn it on and off right there on the pad. The keyboard does have the number pad included which is a nice feature especially when someone works with numbers a lot. The touch and feel of the keys are fine, not completely quiet but not overly noisy either.

The battery so far is about 5 hrs, I run mine on high energy usage so it would probably last longer with the settings more balanced.

I haven't had the sound on much as of yet since I have been working with an outside application that has annoying sounds when the volume is turned on. From what I could tell when I did have it on it sounded clean and crisp.

I had no problems connecting to the internet. I did have some problems connecting my old printer, it was not wireless and there was difficulty getting it to shake hands with the home network due to the fact that I did not have a disc for the windows 7 drivers on it. I probably could have gotten them through the company but I needed to replace my printer with a newer one anyway so I bought a wireless one and had no problems at all getting them to shake hands.
If I have missed something in my review that would be helpful to someone please let me know and I would be happy to check it out.
1010 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.