Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lenovo IdeaPad G510s Touch 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on December 26, 2014
This is the worst computer I have ever owned. I bought it from Costco thinking they would stand behind it. They didn't. The stupid thing is literally falling apart. It's crumbling to pieces. It's amazing how poorly made this computer is. I spent a little extra thinking I would keep it longer than my less expensive Acers (it was more expensive when I bought it in April), but this computer will have decayed by next april I am sure. THe buttons now seem to be flopping apart. I am a student at an online university, I need my computer, Lenovo requires I send it back in which will take anywhere from 1-2 MONTHS to repair. And even then they will likely say the physical defects aren't covered under warranty. I will never buy a Lenovo again!
on April 30, 2015
I bought this laptop in August of last year (2014). I travel for a living and take this lap top everywhere.
I use a back pack to transport it and don't really "baby" it at all. All I have to report is the machine has performed as expected.
It's got pretty good speed, the screen is cool. I've got a wireless mouse as I don't like touch pads.
I'm not an expert typist, so the keyboard is OK too.
When I'm not on the road, it sits on my desk, with a full size monitor, keyboard and mouse
I do agree that Windows 8.1 sucks. But I've configured it to look and act like XP and really t can't complain any more.
For a $600 machine, I'm tickled with it. BTW, I DID buy the extended warranty as I bring it into fossil and nuclear power plants and the environment is not nice.
I summary, like the title says “I don’t get it”.
on November 13, 2014
Computer stopped working after a month. Amazon replaced immediately but now half the LED touch screen doesn't work and Lenovo refuses to repair saying it was damaged by me. I'd have to pay $489 for them to repair the screen. I only paid $589 for the computer - I'm not stupid to pay for the repair. I will never purchase another Lenovo product again. Luckily the Canopy insurance I purchased with the computer through Amazon is going to repair the computer free of charge. Isn't that something Lenovo should do?????

Oh, and when calling Lenovo - their call center is in the Phillipines and the representative was more interested in where I worked and how I could help him rather than helping me at a Lenovo consumer.
on May 7, 2014
first one had a damaged plug, second one had damage to the screen, the third one the touch screen did not work. By the third time I was so fed up I called and talked with Amazon and they gave me a big discount on the computer but I will not deal with Lenovo again.
on June 9, 2015
I purchased the display model from a staples while I was traveling for a previous job,and it was the older gen model with a 500gb model and celeron processor. I'm able to play Civ 5 and perform any writing that I have to do for school, so I'm only docking a star because it's not the newest model.
on May 1, 2014
Windows 8 should bankrupt Microsoft. It is a terrible product; nothing about it is intuitive. The Lenovo programs are no help, either. Their "tutorial" program icon did not launch a tutorial, but a completely different program. The 30-day free MS Office trial finished downloading but then was nowhere to be found (when I tried to download it again, it told me it was already installed). Thank goodness for Amazon's straightforward return policy. Buyer be ware - if you buy one of these then be prepared to put in a lot of hours trying your best to figure it out... but don't don't discard the packaging materials and don't let the return window close on you! I ordered this happy to find a "good deal" on up-to-date technology. I closed the ordeal happy to get my money refunded in return for some repackaging effort and a nominal shipping charge.
on April 22, 2014
PROS:
- speedy
- good keyboard
- Bluetooth
- dvd player/writer
- 10-key pad
- touchscreen
- loud speakers

CONS:
- big white spot in the middle of the screen

So I returned it.
on November 10, 2014
Only wish battery lasted longer as other Lenovo models.
on April 1, 2014
wifi dropped for no reason while my other devices in the house still connecting. Headphone jack stopped working after a few weeks. Called tech support and gave him remote access to troubleshoot. He uninstalled & reinstalled the audio drivers but still not working. revert to factory setting would be the next. Am going to return it.