Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 6, 2011
I bought this little computer in order to play movies on my TV and use it as a home server as well.
The good parts are that it's really tiny and silent, so it's very easy to hide it somewhere in the living room.
However, I think the specs are a bit too low. I know it's cheap and not supposed to be a power house, but the computer feels really slow and video playback is sometimes glitchy. Also, as a home server, after a few months I'm now starting to get hard drive failures once in a while: everything completely stops working until I reboot it. I don't think it was designed to be a server that runs all the time, but it shouldn't be failing anyway.
So all in all I don't think it was such a great choice and I'll probably buy something a bit more expensive (and more reliable) next time.
on December 22, 2010
We purchased the Lenovo Ideacentre for use with our Samsung 55" LED TV in our livingroom. It is amazingly fast and the image and sound quality through the HDMI connection is excellent. We especially like the small size as it tucks neatly out of sight. Performance is excellent with web pages loading quickly and programs like Microsoft Office seem to operate without incident. The only issues we have with this item is the keyboard/mouse gizmo. The cheap plastic remote is hard to see in subdued lighting, impossible to use with one hand, lacks scrolling and will not turn on the computer. (You must go to the computer and push the button.) We have replaced the keyboard with a Logitech mouse and keyboard.
on August 30, 2010
Purchased this item as an addition to my home theater system in an effort to wean myself away from the cable tv monopoly. I can honestly say that I am very happy to have made the break from cable tv and am happily streaming netflix and mlb.tv along with some other internet front-ends that allow me to watch very recently archived versions of many tv shows. This item will pay for itself in a matter of months if you are not addicted to watching television. Your mileage may vary, but I certainly am a very happy camper. I am running full screen on a 50" Samsung hdtv using a Yamaha receiver that allows me to do all my connectiions via hdmi. Try it. You will like it.
on August 6, 2010
Good speed on the device - have it hooked up to a 42 inch plasma - video seems a bit slow - normally a mac person but so far impressed with the ease of windows 7. The remote is pretty good but I will likely move to a bluetooth keyboard - also important to mention that the dangle for the remote is in the battery compartment. Overall very satisfied with device. Waiting for netflix to upgrade to hd and then much happier. One last thing to note that on video playback it would appear a bit ghost like with some whiteness moving through the background - not sure if there is a fix.
22 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 28, 2010
I've been using this little unit with my Panasonic Viera Plasma for 2 months now. It does what you ask it: great HD video quality, fast snappy performance, useful small RF (no infrared receiver hassles) HTPC remote control. Virtually silent running and very compact and sleek form factor. We use it to access all our networked content, and also to stream netflix and other video. The ability to use browser for video which is not yet available in 10' interface makes it very versatile. I wish it had bluray but we'll probably add that later and for the price I am not complaining. Windows 7 Home Premium OS works like a champ. A completely versatile and modern add on for your home theatre setup.
on January 10, 2011
I absolutely love this thing. It is perfect for an entertainment system. I combined this with 5.1 computer speakers, and viola, best stereo I have ever owned. Out of the box and operating within 10 minutes. The little mouse keyboard is adorable although I use a larger keyboard for data entry. It does stream my high def family movies from a network drive, and it does a great job with Youtube and TV.com. It pleases my wife since it screws on the back of the flatscreen with minimal wires in view. I wish I had one on every tv in the house. Although it is more expensive than a streaming device, it makes up for it through versitility and power.
on January 3, 2011
I bought this after considering an apple tv and and the new Revue that allows you to watch Netflix and other sources of content from the internet. This is a real computer and gives you everything that you can see on the internet through a computer and costs only a little more than the Revue which limits what you can see. In addition you can surf the internet and do any computing you wish.
on March 31, 2011
tried this as as a media PC for a while, then swapped it with a WD Media player, which does the job much better in my opinion.

However, I just love the size of this thing and use it for a web-browser in a small space, it screws onto the back of the LCD monitor - very cool.
on October 21, 2015
the worse invest ever :(
on December 30, 2010
After using this computer for a few weeks now, I can say that's it's a good one. It is easy to setup and work well. Of course, it's not a very fast PC, but it do the job. I purchase it to be connected to a TV so I can browse the Web and watch videos from HULU.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.