|Screen Size||12.5 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.6 GHz Core i5-3317U|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Hard Drive||500 GB flash_memory_solid_state|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||6 hours|
Lenovo Twist S230U (33472HU) 12.5" Multi-Touch Ultrabook - Core i5 500GB HDD 24GB SSD 4GB RAM Windows 8
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3rd Generation Intel® CoreTM i5 3317U processor
- Genuine Windows® 8 Professional 64 bit
- 12.5" HD LED display with IPS for nearly 180-degree viewing angles
- 500GB HDD and 24GB SSD
- 4GB DDR3 memory
- Two USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports, mini-HDMI, mini-DP, and a 4-in-1 card reader
- Bluetooth, 720p HD camera
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
i5-3317U(1.7GHz), 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200rpm HD+24GB Micro Solid State Drive, 12.5in 1366x768 LCD, Intel HD Graphics, 802.11abgn wireless, Bluetooth, UltraNav, Secure Chip, Camera, 8c Li-Poly, Win8 Pro 64
(added info 4/13/2013: First things first,ditch Norton Internet Security. It slows down the twist! But it will put up a fight. After you select it and click "Uninstall", it will make two last ditch efforts to stay installed. Don't fall for it. Under the screen "Select your Uninstall Preference", click the second option: "Please remove all user data." I had to try several times before I figured out the fake out.)
It's sleek looking, light weight considering it is a tablet and a laptop combined. If only it could switch back and forth from Windows 8 Pro to Android. It is fast, loads some sites faster than my Note. (ADDED INFO 12/17/12: WITH AMD APP PLAYER by BlueStacks You can run your fav Android Apps,in a window w/o doing a dual boot! And its a free download. Just google it.)You can have the best of both worlds!
I say the battery life is no so hot, 4 to 5 hours w/ regular surfing the net and non online use. Less if you add in music or Youtube. Running a video on Netflix, 2hrs of vid and surfing and writing this (At same time). I showed battery at 36 min left. But when I stopped movie, power level then said I had 1 hr. So I started movie again, I went in the Kitchen and came back, It had gone into sleep mode w/ only 4% battery left. (Note I run w/o power saver mode, I go for performance)
I was shocked when I ran the Windows experience test, I got a 4.4 over all . I figured it would be better.
Component Details Subscore Base score Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz: 6.Read more ›
Here's my opinion of the pros:
- Touch screen
- Doubles as tablet AND ultrabook (.8" thin and 3.5 lbs light)
- Legendary ThinkPad quality
- Best-of-breed spill-resistant keyboard
- Mil-spec durability
- Steel hinges
- TrackPoint pointing device(mouse substitute)
- Great prices on enhanced warranty options (3-year extension, accidental damage protection, battery replacement, and on-site service plans are all quite reasonable)
- Has excellent ports (2 USB3.0, Gb Ethernet, mini-DisplayPort, mini-HDMI, headphone, 4-in-1 card reader, 2 PCIe Mini-card, & security tether)
- New system (Windows 8 & touch screen) comes with a steeper learning curve than most laptops
- Auto-rotate is still flaky - can be managed using the side button but is a nuisance if you're used to the iPad
- Windows 8 is still working out a few kinks
In summary, it's a fun system to learn because it represents a new way of interacting with a computer - but that can also be a frustration if you're not prepared to spend some time learning how do to things a bit differently than you're used to. But once you learn the new ways, it feels a lot more productive and enjoyable to use.
Overall, it is an ultrabook with no compromise and with not much more dollars i spent, it also supports touch for your desktop apps and also serves as a tablet. What's more, it is also powerful enough to use it for work. The TWIST mode made it very flexible to use in any scenario. My favorite mode is display mode when use it in bed. With the keyboard supporting the laptop, the screen is like a tablet in front of you without the need to hold it. Plus the angle can be easily adjusted.
I love the keyboard, trackpad (although still not as good as apple's but can be fixed by driver update), screen ,touch, powerful, and most importantly the various form factors i can twist it into.
Tweaks i did to solve the problems i had oob.
1) touch pad: i need to change the touch sensitivity to make it follow the finger well. Multi-touch can be enabled from the see of options in the driver preferences. However, there is neither two finger touch as right click, nor inertia for two finger scroll.
2) screen rotation lock: after the driver update recently, it is solved.
3) system freeze once in a while: I believe this is due to ThinkPad's patent that it lock the harddrive when motion detected. You can disable the feature or you can do what i did that I swapped the HD to an SSD. I got a 512GB SSD from amazon for 400 dollars, which is much cheaper than get one from lenovo.
My configuration is core i7, 8GB, 512GB SSD and it is super fast thanks to the SSD. The system restarts in 10 seconds and hibernate/wake in 2 seconds.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought my Lenovo Thinkpad Twist in November 2013. At the time I was looking for a lightweight "tablet" that had a full version of Windows. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Raymond U
I wanted to give it a little while to see if any bug or hardware defects would pop up. I am pleased to say, NOTHING! Everything works as advertised. WOOT! Read morePublished 17 months ago by Jak
Having Problems. One site I use often tells me that I need to install Adobe Flash Player. Then, when I try to install it, I get notified that I don't need to install it because... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Stacy Ann Patterson
Worst Thinkpad I have ever own in my entire life. I purchase the first Thinkpad in 1992 when it cost US $10,000+. The computer was solid and sturdy. I was a loyal Thinkpad user. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Katkool
Purchased this for my sister who is going back to school. She isn't the most tech savvy person on the planet, yet she was able to pick up, plug in, and go. Read morePublished on February 24, 2014 by Frank Easterling Jr.
This computer is a LIFESAVER. I work two jobs, but only physically have to be at one. When I go to work, I bring this computer with me to work on my other job from the office. Read morePublished on February 17, 2014 by Sherice M.
This unit is so touchy that it aggravates you during operation. The tablet function never works properly.Support staff is the worst tech nonsupport I have ever experienced. Read morePublished on January 7, 2014 by eeb
This computer is perfect for my needs. It boots up really fast, is easy to use, and that red track button feature is the best. I love this computer!Published on January 3, 2014 by S. Stone
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.