Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic for Sony Alpha Digital SLR
|Price:||$329.95 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- 35mm f/2.5
- Internal aperture controlled by a ring on the front of the optic
- Optic Swap Compatible
- Selective focus optic creates a sweet spot of focus surrounded by blur
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Brand Name: Lensbaby
- Model Number: LBCP35S
- Lens Type: Micro lens
- Minimum Focal Length: 35 mm
- Maximum Focal Length: 35 mm
From the Manufacturer
The Composer Pro refines and enhances the popular and award winning Lensbaby Composer by upgrading the swivel ball and focus mechanism to provide professional performance. The Composer Pro's metal swivel ball design delivers ultra-smooth focus and tilt control. The updated focus mechanism features a fluid and accurate dampened focus ring comparable to the focus mechanisms of the highest quality professional manual focus lenses. This smooth, fluid operation makes the Composer Pro the perfect choice for discerning professional photographers and videographers who want to create ground-breaking creative imagery.
The Sweet 35 Optic, a 35mm selective focus optic with a 12-blade internal aperture, boasts the widest focal length of any selective focus Lensbaby optic and features close-focus capabilities.
Composer Pro Specs
- Refined metal ball design delivers ultra-smooth focus and tilt control
- Ships with either the Sweet 35 Optic or Double Glass Optic installed
- Compatible with the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
- Focus Type: Manual
- Size/Weight: 2.25" (5.71cm) high x 2.5" (6.35cm) wide / 4 oz (113.4g)
- Tilts from zero to 17.5 degrees
- Focal Length: 35mm
- 12 blade internal aperture, controlled by a dial on the front of the optic
- Aperture range from f/2.5 through f/22 (sweet spot size ranges from 15%, at f/2.5, to 40%, at f/22, of total image area on APS-C sensor cameras)
- Selective focus optic (creates a sweet spot of focus surrounded by gradual blur)
- Compatible with Lensbaby Composer, Scout, Muse, and Control Freak lens bodies*
- Focus distance when used with: Composer: 7.5" to infinity, Scout: 6.5" to infinity, Muse & Control Freak: 3" to infinity
- 4 multi-coated glass elements, in three groups
- 46mm front threads**
**The Sweet 35 Optic is not compatible with current 37mm Lensbaby accessories.
Recommended Lensbaby Accessories for use with Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic
- Lensbaby Custom Lens Case for Composer and Muse lenses (LBCCM)
- Composer Pro
- Sweet 35 Optic
- Front and rear lens caps
- Microfiber bag
- Microfiber lens cloth
- User guides
Top Customer Reviews
Will try to upload some shots taken with the Composer Pro and Sweet 35, soon.
About the lens body: The composer Pro is very high quality construction, that rivals the stellar quality of the Nikon pro quality lenses. The focus ring is smooth, and the ability to lock the Composer at a certain angle allows for reproduction of the tilting effect from one shot to another. The mechanism that locks the composer can be opened up all the way too, allowing free movement of the Composer, and any amount of resistance can be set in between!
About the Sweet 35 optic: This is a GLASS optic, with a 12 blade aperture, encased in a metal housing. The quality of construction can be seen through and through. The aperture adjustment is smooth, fast and accurate. I cannot wait to get to know this optic better; I am very impressed after using it the first few times, and the ceiling is unlimited.
Now, on to the other information...
First, this is an enclosed glass optic, and Lensbaby is very clear that their accessory's built for their plastic optics are not compatible. Before you complain, you should realize that the plastic optic accessories will deteriorate the quality of the photo you can take with the glass optics.
Second, check and double check that the Composer Pro is compatible with YOUR camera. It is not the manufacturers fault if you buy a non-compatible product for your camera. Lensbaby seems to have a version of the Composer Pro compatible with most DSLR cameras.
Third, as others have pointed out, there is a learning curve with this lens. THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT A BAD PRODUCT! It just means you have to practice; if this does not sound appealing to you, then this is not the product for you.Read more ›
- While it's great that you don't have to switch aperture disks with this one, it also means that you can't use the "creative" aperture disks with it.
- The threads on the front of the lens don't fit the macro/teleconverter accessories sold by Lensbaby :(
If those issues, or at least the 2nd one, were "fixed" somehow then it would be absolutely perfect.
Long story short, magic little thing, really awakes a lot of creative ideas, at least for me.
The sweet 35 is a stand alone lens. It will not accept any of the optional accessories but the ease of adjusting the aperture makes it that much easier to use. Not sure if they are planning accessories for this lens.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is a neat lens, but for me it will a learning experience. I believe it takes a creative eye to get the most out of this lens.Published 1 month ago by Ken Martin
The Lensbaby is a well made solid lens. Although learning to use the lens requires quite a learning curve the Lensbaby website provides ample support in the form of videos and text... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jess D.
The lens may work, but there is no instructions as to how to change the aperture discs. I looked on the Internet and instructions are no where to be found. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
it doesn't leave my camera!!! lifts ur creativity to another levelPublished 13 months ago by Carlos A. Lopez Ruiz
Huge disappointment- came in a battered box with a refurbished sticker on the box. I bought this for my husband for Father's Day . Read morePublished 13 months ago by JMW59
I would suggest that anyone who purchases this...also purchase the class. I have struggled to find the sweet spot of focus. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Wanda K Bacon