Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Leo the Late Bloomer
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 26, 2004
In a world in which every middle class parent worries if their child isn't top notch in everything, this book is a beautiful classic to remind us all to relax. I collect children's books, and my husband suggested this one, as he loved it as a child. When I got it, I loved it immediately. It assures children and parents that people progress at different levels, but everybody blooms. My husband was a very small child, shorter than everyone in his class, and this book brought him comfort and encouraged him in what he was good at. About 20 or 25 years later, he's a self-confident, very socially adept doctor! I remember struggling very much in kindergarten and first grade with everything from cutting to skipping to math to reading. Everything clicked for me around 2nd or 3rd grade, and school became a breeze after that. I became self-assured, and successful. I wish I'd had this book when I was struggling with those things... I might have been more confident from the start!

For the reviewer concerned that parents would delay help for their children, I doubt a kid's book would have that effect. Parents can tell when something is wrong, and one children's book is going to sway them from taking action!

Oh, and the big bonus... the illustrations are darling, and classic 1970's renderings. The words are absolutely heartwarming!
on September 4, 2017
Purchased for my son starting kindgarten and he enjoyed the new book. It helps teaches kids that everyone learns at their own pace.
on March 18, 2017
My daughters preK teacher had this on her wish list for the book fair, but they didn't have it so ordered it here it came the next day.
on May 4, 2017
One of the all-time great stories for pre-K - Gr. 2. I use it as the source storytelling with puppets with students. It is very sucessful for theater-in-the classroom.
on April 2, 2017
Great for teaching little ones about how we are all learning at different paces.
on September 27, 2013
I bought this book for my grown daughter who is going through a time of transition. She absolutely loved it. It let her know that it is okay to start over and that for some of us blooming later in life is just the right time.
on May 23, 2017
Another great children's book three kids love it
on September 23, 2017
Wonderful book to explain big issue in simple way
on October 27, 2016
love this books and everyone read this or have a copy
on September 26, 2017
Wonderful book. Loved it as a kid and now love reading it to my kids.