Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 100 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 123 reviews
on December 26, 2012
I've been going to a 1-hour Les Mills Body Pump class at my local gym for years now, and I absolutely love it. I go just once a week as cross-training (I normally run five times a week.) In the past, I've tried to find similar workouts I can do at home with DVDs, but nothing comes close. Most weight-lifting DVDs have boring techno music and include exercises that are difficult to do with good form and without getting injured (like many of the currently-popular plyometric exercises). Now I'm thrilled I can do my Body Pump workout from home!

Mostly, I stick with the two DVDs in this set that give you a full body Pump workout (55 minutes) and cover all the major muscle groups. I recognize the music tracks from my gym class, so they've recycled old tracks to make these DVDs rather than using new songs, but I don't mind that. I really like the tracks they've chosen. I hope they'll release updates over time so we can get new music to use at home. Also, I'm excited there's a 20, 30, and 45-minute version that I can do when I'm short on time, though I generally prefer the full workout.

The equipment is high-quality that comes with these DVDs. The padded bar is comfortable, and the weight plates are nicely made and very comfortable to hold in your hands (for exercises like tricep kick-backs). I'll probably be ordering more weights so I can lift heavier weights, but the basic set that comes with the DVDs is a great start.

This Body Pump workout gets serious results. For me, my running speed has increased dramatically since starting the Body Pump classes because I've gained full body strength. I also haven't added any significant bulk, which is a real benefit for a runner. I've reduced my injury rate as well. Highly recommended!
11 comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2014
A few years ago, I discovered Body Bump at my local gym. I loved going to the class, but the gym is 30 minutes away and I have a really hard time driving 30 minutes there, working out for an hour, and driving 30 minutes home... that's two hours and I have two children so I feel like I am taking away spending time with them! With this at home system, I can do Pump at home!! I love it!!! While I do miss the class, some of the videos are taped in a class setting which is great!! I wish I had discovered this sooner. My only complaint is I wish it came with the 2.5 pound weights as well. It is too much to order them from Beachbody (when you add in the cost of shipping)! If you are looking for a good program, look no further!!
on November 2, 2014
This is just like what I used during body pump classes at the YMCA. It doesn't give you the same amount of selection in weights, but it's certainly enough to get you started. I have been using it regularly since I received it. The only issue I have is that the write-up says you work out 3x per week, but the materials you get with the system suggest you work out 6x per week. I haven't used all the CDs yet, but the ones I have tried are very good. When I did the class at the gym, I did body pump 2-3 times a week an then did other workouts 2 days a week, so I am doing that at home too. I miss the energy of doing the class at the Y, but I cannot afford a membership right now. This set is a reasonable price for all that you get.
on October 16, 2014
I started this program relatively in shape but I wanted to familiarize myself with weight lifting with a barbell. I have done many other dvd workouts including Jillian michaels and 10lb slim down with good results but I really wanted some heavier weight lifting. It's hard to put into words how perfect the Les Mills Pump package was for me! I suggest buying some 2.5 or 1.25 lb plates to slowly increase your weight but otherwise you have everything you need. It's pricey but SO worth it. I am finishing my first 90 day round and just ordered combat in order to get some more cardio into my routine but will continue to do pump at least once a week! Love the music and instructors!

I didn't lose an insane amount of weight (probably bc I didnt follow the meal plan) but I am so much stronger and leaner, and that's really all I can ask for. Disclaimer: I didn't expect to lose that much weight with this plan - I know that I generally need to do pure cardio 4-5 days a week to see noticeable weight loss which is why I bought Combat. Once I finish the 60 days of combat I will do the pump/combat hybrid and hopefully see more weight loss and toning results then.

Be patient. It's a very challenging workout. Some days I dreaded doing it - especially if it was Hard core abs (the only dvd that I dislike, but not unbearable - I substituted it some days with a Jillian michaels ab DVD). It is so worth the time, energy and money. The calendar was such a good motivator for me! I'm a very scheduled person so knowing which workouts I had to do on which days helped me plan my week around them.

Hands down one of the best investments I have ever made. If you order this, you won't be sorry!
Good luck!
on November 30, 2014
I started Body Pump in the gyms but the classes weren't always at convenient times. Being able to do this amazing workout routine at home when I want to has been invaluable for my workout routine. If you're looking to get all over fit, this is the workout program for you! It sculpts and tones your entire body and gives you a routine that you can stick to with 20 minute and 45 minute options. As with any program, it works best by including cardio and a healthy diet but this program is all you need when it comes to lifting weights.
on September 6, 2014
Disappointing. This is not what you'd get from the beach body website. Cheap plastic weights. Missing 3 core workout videos. I didn't even know they were missing until I tried to workout with a friend. He ordered the same but from their official website - and I was clearly missing videos.
on July 16, 2014
Love my new Les Mills PUMP workout. I became hooked on BODYPUMP awhile back but have just recently started it up again due to knee surgery. Les Mills PUMP is great when I can't make it to the gym for my regular BODYPUMP classes. 5 stars!
on March 25, 2015
Great product. If you use it....you will get in shape from head to toe!
on October 8, 2014
I love this workout! The instructors are very engaging and energetic and the music is very motivating. My only issue was with the clips for the barbell; they don't secure tightly against the weighted plates. You have to be careful how you tip the bar, but it is also motivation to maintain proper body positioning while executing a move.
on September 5, 2014
The threads on the bar are painted and it has been a complete nightmare to try to get the bar screwed together. After lots of hard work, there is still about an inch gap keeping the bar from being completely screwed together. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. :/

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.