Lessons From a Difficult Person: How To Deal with People Like us 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The lessons in this empowering book unfolds as Sarah shares her courageous examination of her own life as a difficult person. We learn that difficult people are often unaware that they're difficult and unaware of the impact of their behavior on others or their self. The lessons give insight into human basic needs and emotions and are based in a in-depth understanding of Choice Theory Psychology. The lessons also offer hope and resolution.
Beyond the lessons, Sarah guides you through practical exercises that prepare you for a successful conversation. These You Can Do It exercises derived from Reality Therapy help formulate the conversation that betters the relationship for you and the difficult person.
When an insider expert offers me lessons, I take them and take them seriously. I highly recommend that you do, too.~Lucy Billings Robbins, Sr. Faculty, William Glasser Institute
From the Author
- How to identify the ways to talk to a difficult person -- without drama-- that will lead to change
- The true incentives to help people change
- How to make real the consequences of the difficult person's action--both to him and to those impacted
- How to increase success through belonging
- How to identify areas in yourself that are triggered by the difficult person so you can neutralize those hot buttons, and communicate without judgment
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
And then, dozens of really useful tools to help us out in the real world. Congratulations Ms Elliston. You've written a "Must Read."
Dr. Sidney B. Simon, Prof. Emeritus, Univ. of Mass, Amherst.